• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4/XB1 edition coming October 3rd in the West for $29.99

FelipeMGM

Got a new fact sheet today confirming the western date (Japan is almost same, October 5th). $29.99, physical edition confirmed too

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJbbOjemCKg

EDIT
For those who never played the game stay away from the trailer cus it spoils the entire game.

The end of days is near, and dragons have returned to Gransys. Become the chosen Arisen and decide the fate of the world in Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, the critically acclaimed Action-RPG now updated for current generation consoles.

Based in an epic fantasy setting, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen combines exhilarating and deep combat with the freedom to explore and interact in a rich, living and breathing world. Choose between nine different classes and embark on your own adventure along with three AI companions, known as Pawns. These allies fight independently, develop alongside your character, and can be shared or borrowed online in exchange for treasure, tips and more.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen launches on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 3rd October, 2017 with improved high resolution visuals for consoles. This version contains the original Dragon’s Dogma along with all additional content from the Dark Arisen expansion, including the Bitterblack Isle area, filled with challenging new enemies and quests, and additional high level weapons and armor sets.

FEATURES
• Dynamic Combat – Cut off the four heads of a Hydra, climb atop griffins and fight airborne, or defeat dragons and other creatures by exploiting their weaknesses
in exhilarating combat.

• Epic Fantasy Setting – Travel to Gransys and beyond in a vast, richly detailed world, ripe for exploration.

• Content Complete – Includes everything from the original game, along with all additional content from the Dark Arisen expansion.

• Deep RPG Mechanics – Nine different vocations for players to choose from with a variety of skill options for each, armor that can be upgraded and enhanced, plus
Pawn companions that can be trained to fit your desired combat style

• Updated for Current Consoles – This new version features improved high resolution visuals

DG4Ks5dVoAA3O7c.jpg:large

jackal27

Banned
Excited to see how the version turns out! I may just have to pick up that PS4 version, but I also kind of want to hold and see if a Switch version comes eventually? Portable Dragon's Dogma would be a game-changer.

I've already played the game on 360 btw.

Grimsen

Preordered the day it was announced.

It's a bummer that the Berserk gear and Into Freeeee aren't likely to be included. It would have been the ultimate package.

inki

Sweet! And Cheap.. Question : Will this be the best "playing" version of the game? Or is PC still better? Hard to tell whats new to this gen, vs whats new to console from PC.

sensui-tomo

does it have 60 fps though?

Sweet! And Cheap.. Question : Will this be the best "playing" version of the game? Or is PC still better? Hard to tell whats new to this gen, vs whats new to console from PC.
if this has 60 fps too, it'd probably be considered the same as the pc port. with the exception of some mods (not really much ) and some optimization pc will still be better, otherwise it should be the same version.

If that translates as £20 or £25 here I will probably be in on day one. I have already bought the game twice though so probably won't spend more than that.

Any word on a higher framerate? I'd love it if they made it 60fps.

Atolm

does it have 60 fps though?

if this has 60 fps too, it'd probably be considered the same as the pc port. with the exception of some mods (not really much ) and some optimization pc will still be better, otherwise it should be the same version.

If a press release about a game doesn't boast with 60 fps, I always assume it's 30.

Sweet, tried to get into it years ago, but never could. That pricing may well just tempt me to give it another go, considering all the good things I've heard about it.

I still don't know whether I want to get this or not.
It was my favourite game on the PS3, but I wouldn't want to make a new character/pawn.

I know it probably sounds odd, but to me, the Arisen and Pawn I made were as much an official part of the world as say Link, Yu from Persona 4, and other silent protagonists that you name in games are part of theirs.

Sweet, tried to get into it years ago, but never could. That pricing may well just tempt me to give it another go, considering all the good things I've heard about it.

I thought it was slow at the start and confusing. The story never makes complete sense but the gameplay is A+!

I really enjoyed the time I spent with the game on the PS3 when it came out on PS+ but the technical aspects of it really soured the experience. You could tell it was a game begging to be on more powerful hardware. I think I'll be there day one for this one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So glad we're getting a remaster of this. I tried the demo on PS3 and it was too rough for me to play. Should be good on PS4.

Top Bottom