• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr Disrespect is starting his own game development studio

kingfey

Banned

Guy "Dr Disrespect" Beahm is looking to launch his own game development studio, according to a job posting listed on his Champion's Club website. It's a major but in some ways unsurprising move for the streamer, considering he used to work at Call of Duty developer Activision as a level designer before deciding to spend his life wearing a wig and sunglasses.

The unnamed studio, however, does have one surprising thing about it: It will make games by collaborating with different "mega influencers.

Right now only a studio head position is listed, presumably as a first step toward outlining the project, but the job description does give some insights into how the studio will supposedly function. "The studio plans to forge a partnership with a select list of mega influencers and then work closely with them to launch their dream gaming title," the ad reads. "Those gaming titles will either be incubated and developed OR partner/co develop with existing indie game developers and launched as mega titles."

A lot of games already make influencers a major part of their marketing strategy, so joining forces with influencers to design and promote games from pre-alpha to launch is perhaps the natural next step for these business arrangements. The application also mentions esports and monetization, which gives some major clues as to what types of games Beahm is hoping to create—free-to-play competitive shooters, anyone?

Demi Lovato Duty GIF by The Roku Channel

Droxcy

Guy has an eye for great competitive game play and map layouts due to his background. I'm sure he can get some past talent to join and make something worth playing.

kingfey

Banned
Guy has an eye for great competitive game play and map layouts due to his background. I'm sure he can get some past talent to join and make something worth playing.
With his net worth from twitch, advertisement, his face, his background, he could easily get either Sony, or MS to invest in his studio. His image alone is enough free marketing.

kingfey

Banned

Dr Disrespect is a popular Twitch streamer from the United States whose real name is Guy Beahm. He has an estimated net worth of $8 million. His character originated from him playing Halo 2 on Xbox. He showcased a “dominant character” since he was really good at the game and could back up the talk.Jun 27, 2021

And the guy who was banned from twitch.

He has enough money to make a new studio though.

AGRacing

Gold Member
I will BE THERE , Doc!!! I'll pre-order the Champions Club Edition with black on black on slate black blazer, red bow tie and a miniature 1990 Lamborghini Diablo VT so I can temporarily pretend to feel DRIPPIN' in HEAT like the 2X back to back!!! Yayayaya!!!!!
Twitch Dr Disrespect GIF by swerk

Last edited:
hetQjdQ.png

That entire thing sounds horrific.
The last thing any studio needs is to make creative decisions based on a group, particularly when none of them have an experience of creating games. If it ever reaches production, it's not going to be any different to creative works that were designed in a board room.
If you must partner with somebody then partner with a studio that has experience of actually making games.

kingfey

Banned
hetQjdQ.png

That entire thing sounds horrific.
The last thing any studio needs is to make creative decisions based on a group, particularly when none of them have an experience of creating games. If it ever reaches production, it's not going to be any different to creative works that were designed in a board room.
If you must partner with somebody then partner with a studio that has experience of actually making games.
he used to work at Call of Duty developer Activision as a level designer before deciding to spend his life wearing a wig and sunglasses.

From the article.

Every time there's a thread on one of these losers I get rather glad I always have no idea who the hell they are

Funny thing is, there's never an explanation beforehand. It's always "Mister Whothefuck confirmed doing something"

Every time there's a thread on one of these losers I get rather glad I always have no idea who the hell they are

Funny thing is, there's never an explanation beforehand. It's always "Mister Whothefuck confirmed doing something"
Lmao dude, dont be salty. At least someone half around the world knows him, I'm sure no one knows your name at all beyond your peers.

And come on, he's at least putting his money and his mouth back into the industry that made him.

And no, I'm not a fan either. But its just a little silly when people get so excited to exasperate how they're so badass for not knowing about a popular figure in todays world 💁🏽‍♂️

jigglet

Banned

But this isn't just anyone, this is the two time back to back champion.

Arsic

Gold Member
I expect this to produce vaporware unless he Kickstarters it then hands over all the work to a team he hires after the money is made.

I mean it could work in theory:

"This is the game I want to play and have the idea of. " Then bounce that idea off big streamers and ask them what they want. Then make that game, test and iterate after.

Dude got bored waiting for the next big thing so he's just going to go get it made. I respect that.

Twitch would be sent reeling if their #1 streamed game was made by the guy they fired lmao.

jigglet

Banned
I expect this to produce vaporware unless he Kickstarters it then hands over all the work to a team he hires after the money is made.

I mean it could work in theory:

"This is the game I want to play and have the idea of. " Then bounce that idea off big streamers and ask them what they want. Then make that game, test and iterate after.

Dude got bored waiting for the next big thing so he's just going to go get it made. I respect that.

Twitch would be sent reeling if their #1 streamed game was made by the guy they fired lmao.

You're thinking big ambitious designs.

I suspect it'll just be templated, cookie-cutter stuff that you see people selling on Steam for $1.99.

I think they'll have a few generic "templates", like platformer, retro shooter etc and he'll simply substitute out the art and voice lines with famous influencers. Quick flip sort of stuff.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member

Dr Disrespect is a popular Twitch streamer from the United States whose real name is Guy Beahm. He has an estimated net worth of $8 million. His character originated from him playing Halo 2 on Xbox. He showcased a “dominant character” since he was really good at the game and could back up the talk.Jun 27, 2021

And the guy who was banned from twitch.

He has enough money to make a new studio though.
Is he friends with DJ Khaled? That's all I care about.

Stuart360

lol, it will be interesting to see if anyhting comes out of this.
He's been joking about doing this for a while as he's so bored with Warzone 'destroying his brain cells' and the state of the industry (in his eyes) when it comes to new BR games.

Kenpachii

This not abnormal reckful also attempted this.

He knows he can advertise his game and get other streamers on it which could yield him massive amounts of cash real quick for little to no effort.

AGRacing

Gold Member
Lots of chubby cheeked blonde banged nobodies in here that like to crap on a man taking the initiative. Lowest form of male behavior.

He's a winner. I'll bet on his first game being excellent right now. He won't settle for less.

Go get em doc.

Top Bottom