• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 New Update Add AMD FSR Support

ethomaz

Banned

AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution

This update also adds support for AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution. This technique allows the game to render at a lower resolution and then upscale the results with improved image quality. The result is high quality rendering at a lower performance cost than full resolution rendering, which allows for higher framerates even on less powerful graphics cards. Players can enable this setting in the Video options by turning the "Game Screen Render Quality" to less than 100%, and then turning on the "FidelityFX Super Resolution" checkbox. FidelityFX Super Resolution works on any GPU compatible with DirectX 11 or Vulkan.

ethomaz

Banned
This guy posted a little test in twitter.

He used the slide in 100% (he thinks it is just over 99.5% and not exactly 100%)... so asked which one is native and which one is FSR... of course because the resolution base for FSR is so near the native it makes it really hard to spot (the FSR just add some sharpening).

Last edited:

Hypno285

Banned
I've never seen so much hype for shittier image quality.

It's like the exact opposite of what DSR and VSR do.

Last edited:

Serianox

Setting the render scale on 50% at 1080p and turning on FSR makes it look significantly less blurry. Performance wise i haven't seen a huge improvement in total fps in 4k however it mantains higher fps than normal when a lot of stuff starts happening at once so it leads to a smoother experience overall (native could go down to low 50s where with fsr at 70% would go to low 70s/high 60s). Detail loss for me only happens if you go really low on the render scale. On 4k with the render scale set at 70% it looks normal.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
Internal scaling < FSR < DLSS
Better than nothing? (if you didn't know about internal resolution scaling)
Lol at guys playing at 4K and using this. 4K is already waste, that's why you don't see much of image degradation.

ethomaz

Banned
Setting the render scale on 50% at 1080p and turning on FSR makes it look significantly less blurry. Performance wise i haven't seen a huge improvement in total fps in 4k however it mantains higher fps than normal when a lot of stuff starts happening at once so it leads to a smoother experience overall (native could go down to low 50s where with fsr at 70% would go to low 70s/high 60s). Detail loss for me only happens if you go really low on the render scale. On 4k with the render scale set at 70% it looks normal.
50% is close to 1500p, no?
1080p should be around 25%.

Last edited:
50% is close to 1500p, no?
1080p should be around 25%.
Bruh you don’t know how resolution scale works?

200% resolution scale of 1080p is 4k

50% resolution scale of 4k is 1080p

It works by referring to vertical/horizontal resolution scaling, not total pixel count

Top Bottom