• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM eternal ps5 save issue

Derift

So saves from ps4 aren't moved to ps5... which is a bummer iv been playing doom from my ps4 beat the 1st dlc about to get started on the second only to find my saves from ps4 don't get moved to ps5....I know Sony have really messed up on the upgrade thing but iv seen other companies do It even tho it's abot long winded they were able to find a solution to move over saves

tommib

Jedi Fallen Order managed to read PS4 saves right from the drive so there is no excuse for this. Shame on them. Hopefully they will fix it.
Yeap, Fallen Order made it look so easy. I thought it would be the same here. Import save. Boom.

Played Eternal for a bit on my PS5 with RT. Same old. Finished it already and was totally fed up when I did. I won’t touch it again. Just like with Fallen Order. I guess I’ll be doing this a lot with these next-gen patches. Spend 6 hours downloading 100 gb. Try the game for 15 minutes. Delete. Wake me up when the Last Guardian has a 4K/60 patch.

AnotherOne

Should've got a series x then son.

dj khaled GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

When I got my PS5 my Doom Eternal saves worked fine. all I needed to do was go to the setting and download them from the ps4 cloud saves . Unless they have changed something it should work.

tommib

When I got my PS5 my Doom Eternal saves worked fine. all I needed to do was go to the setting and download them from the ps4 cloud saves . Unless they have changed something it should work.
That’s not the problem. The problem is using your PS4 save on the PS5 version of the game. Unless the Dev adds an import feature it’s back to square one on your save.

tommib

Except Trophies didn't re-trigger with the PS4 save (unless they fixed that).
Very true. Trophies were not and still have not been migrated between saves. But from what I’ve seen, most people were happy about that. MOAR TROPHICE!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Very true. Trophies were not and still have not been migrated between saves. But from what I’ve seen, most people were happy about that. MOAR TROPHICE!

But that would require you to start all over.

FFVIIR, Spider-Man, Avengers, etc. all re-triggered trophies so you got duplicate trophies without having to re-play anything.

Fallen Order is broken in that regard.

tommib

But that would require you to start all over.

FFVIIR, Spider-Man, Avengers, etc. all re-triggered trophies so you got duplicate trophies without having to re-play anything.

Fallen Order is broken in that regard.
Oh, I didn’t know that. Thanks. I thought all PS5 versions with import saves would have to get new trophies with a new game. It’s a bit of a mess, isn’t it?

Justin9mm

They told us about this a while ago and we should of called it out then. I guess people don't care until they actually experience it, a bit like how the world is going to shit. No one cares until something is happening to them or affecting them.

It's completely unacceptable being that we know it can be done for other PS4 games.

I don't care about Xbox smart delivery system, that's their poor excuse about why it works on Xbox but not PS5. They don't care because it's free and they are in Microsoft's pocket now!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What's the problem here?
People want to replay the game on ps5 but don't want to start from the beginning?

HotPocket69

Banned
So saves from ps4 aren't moved to ps5... which is a bummer iv been playing doom from my ps4 beat the 1st dlc about to get started on the second only to find my saves from ps4 don't get moved to ps5....I know Sony have really messed up on the upgrade thing but iv seen other companies do It even tho it's abot long winded they were able to find a solution to move over saves

Great post and great thread. Thanks

Justin9mm

wouldn't that break progression if you have everything right away anyway ?
Doom Eternal has huge replay value. When you go through, you get weapon points which unlocks upgrades when you find the weapon mod robots and then you unlock mastery challenges which allows you to max out your weapons, using the weapon mods are fun and some you don't get to unlock until near the end of the game.

You can also find secrets and locations they have cheat codes for when you want to play through. To lose your save and not be able to replay the campaign to experience these maxed out weapons and have fun with the cheat codes such as unlimited ammo- it sucks.

For the next gen version, it will be my 3rd play through of the campaign so not having my save and have to grind all that again is absolute bullshit. It means nothing for people who don't care about the game or like the game but for some people like us its a huge deal.

This is why New Game+ was invented on games, so you can play again with the skills and unlocks you already have.

Last edited:

radewagon

I mean, if Saints Row the Third's PS5 port can read my PS4 saves then there's zero excuse. I'm calling it, this is all on Id/Bethesda. They can clearly make it work but don't care enough.

EDIT: I don't mean to disparage Saints Row, BTW, the game is god-tier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom