• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal - PC MAJOR issue - After latest patch (multiple PC Configs)

Banned
So I installed the newest Doom Eternal patch on PC (GamePass Version, but this also happens on Steam) and updated my Nvidia drivers (the game prompts you to do so)... no issue.

then I started the game, and as soon as the "Teleporting" message appears on the bottom left my PC crashes into a full reboot... like literally black screen, and the PC reboots instantly. this happened multiple times... so I looked on reddit and found this:
Doom Eternal crashes my whole pc on load : Doom (reddit.com)
many people that have the exact same problem on different PC configs, some similar to mine some very different to mine.

and it ONLY HAPPENS in full screen mode. windowed and borderless window works fine... as soon as you go full screen, blackout > reboot... without a fail.

how is it that this is not blowing up online? it seems to affect multiple setups yet I have not read a single person prominently talking about it? I at first though my damn GPU went bye bye until I found that reddit thread o_O
some in that thread suggest to deactivate the windows game bar or not use multiple monitors (I don't use multiple monitors), but I honestly am too scared to try it until it is officially fixed or proven to work, as during the third crash my SSD wanted to do a file repair and I am really not in the mood to reinstall windows atm.

does anyone here have the same issue?

Last edited:

Banned
only affecting nvidia GPUs?

it seems so at the moment, at least everyone in that reddit thread has Nvidia and I too have a GTX1070oc
but it's hard to tell as Nvidia is by far the market leader so it is to be expected to see mostly Nvidia users report issues like that

Last edited:

mansoor1980

i think the doom eternal update messed up something since other games seem to be working fine with the new drivers , in any case a game shutting down a rig is not good

Banned
i think the doom eternal update messed up something since other games seem to be working fine with the new drivers , in any case a game shutting down a rig is not good

yes it is 100% only Doom Eternal, I played multiple games since the last Doom crash and had zero issue with anything else. as does everyone in that reddit thread

RobRSG

Had the same issue on my PC when trying to stream in Discord.

I could also trigger consistently a softlock by looking at a blood pool in the park lot area (stage 2) with RT on.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So I installed the newest Doom Eternal patch on PC (GamePass Version, but this also happens on Steam) and updated my Nvidia drivers (the game prompts you to do so)... no issue.

then I started the game, and as soon as the "Teleporting" message appears on the bottom left my PC crashes into a full reboot... like literally black screen, and the PC reboots instantly. this happened multiple times... so I looked on reddit and found this:
Doom Eternal crashes my whole pc on load : Doom (reddit.com)
many people that have the exact same problem on different PC configs, some similar to mine some very different to mine.

and it ONLY HAPPENS in full screen mode. windowed and borderless window works fine... as soon as you go full screen, blackout > reboot... without a fail.

how is it that this is not blowing up online? it seems to affect multiple setups yet I have not read a single person prominently talking about it? I at first though my damn GPU went bye bye until I found that reddit thread o_O
some in that thread suggest to deactivate the windows game bar or not use multiple monitors (I don't use multiple monitors), but I honestly am too scared to try it until it is officially fixed or proven to work, as during the third crash my SSD wanted to do a file repair and I am really not in the mood to reinstall windows atm.

does anyone here have the same issue?
I 100 percent have this issue and I mentioned it in the digital foundry thread. I was shitting myself that my pc was on the way out. Reset my overclock and everything….
…..the good news!

I too found the post confirming the game bar issue and can confirm that it works. Open up task manager and end the process on game bar….load doom eternal and play,

the piss annoying thing is I uninstalled and re installed to find out it corrupted my save of half way through the game, so now I don’t even wanna play it!

try the game bar thing and sit in amazement as it’s fixed!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I have the beth version.

both on a 2080 laptop and 3080 desktop

no issues on both devoices

Banned
Seems like it's specifically MS having issues.
yes totally Microsoft having issues... when there is a single PC game crashing your PC... makes sense.

someone said that he returned the Steam version after having the issue

Last edited:

GametimeUK

I had an issue where the game screen would shrink into a small rectangle taking up the top left quarter of the screen and leaving the rest of the screen black. Happened multiple times. Steam version on a 2080. So bizzare.

Top Bottom