• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal Next Gen upgrade performance targets revealed

How about Doom Eternal’s RTX update? Should be released today as well? Should this update download automatically?

EDIT: For PC obviously. I've got a work laptop with Quadro RTX 3000.

Last edited:

Banned
My guy, I’m saying that this dude tried to compare the PS4 Pro to a system that is weaker than the Base PS4. No matter how you slice it PS4 Pro does have games in native 4K. So yes Phil Spinster is ignorant.

the Pro has about the same amount of Native 4K games as the PS3 has 1080p games, that doesn't mean the PS3 is a 1080p machine :)

the base PS4 can run games at native 4k, Trine 2 was supposed to get a native 4K30fps patch for base PS4, but Sony broke their promise of patching the PS4 to support 4k30hz output and so the patch for Trine 2 never came.

the fact is, the Pro runs most games at either 1440p or slightly above... not rarely below even.

the One X can run games like Far Cry 5 and Red Dead 2 at 4K, can't compare that to the Pro where you at best get about half that resolution

ClosBSAS

My guy, I’m saying that this dude tried to compare the PS4 Pro to a system that is weaker than the Base PS4. No matter how you slice it PS4 Pro does have games in native 4K. So yes Phil Spinster is ignorant.
lol native 4k....u mean checkerboard 4k...native 4k games were probably some old school ps3 games. xbox one x was more powerful than pro in every single way.

Shmunter

Don’t think RT is worth it here guys. There is an obvious clarity downgrade using RT mode, Balanced looks sharp as a razor. Can’t see anything different apart from that obvious difference imho..

Playing on ps5.

Don’t think RT is worth it here guys. There is an obvious clarity downgrade using RT mode, Balanced looks sharp as a razor. Can’t see anything different apart from that obvious difference imho..

Playing on ps5.
What kind of resolution are we talking about?

Arioco

What kind of resolution are we talking about?

In theory it's just a downgrade from 2160p to 1800p, there shouldn't be that much of a difference. Maybe there's a DRS in place and the resolution dips way below 1800p when using RT mode, I honestly don't know, but analysis will tell us the truth.

HotPocket69

Banned

Playing on ps5.

What do you mean by a “clarity downgrade”? Examples?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
What do you mean by a “clarity downgrade”? Examples?
A drop in detail in some way. Will need to wait for some kind of 400x zoom analysis to articulate what is going on.
Balanced mode is 4k 60 fps.

Ray tracing mode is only 1800p. 8.2 million vs 5.6 million pixels.

Xbox Series X

• Performance Mode: 1800p – 120 FPS
  • Balanced Mode: 2160p – 60 FPS
  • Ray Tracing Mode: 1800p – 60 FPS
Xbox Series S

• Performance Mode: 1080p – 120 FPS
  • Balanced Mode: 1440p – 60 FPS
  • Ray Tracing Mode: Not Available
PlayStation 5

• Performance Mode: 1584p – 120 FPS
I am just gonna play the 120 fps mode.

Last edited:

Arioco

Balanced mode is 4k 60 fps.

Ray tracing mode is only 1800p. Both are likely checkerboard so Balanced is 4.1 million pixels instead of 8.2 million and Ray tracing mode is 2.8 million pixels instead of 5.6 million native 1800p.

Xbox Series X

• Performance Mode: 1800p – 120 FPS
Xbox Series S

• Performance Mode: 1080p – 120 FPS
  • Balanced Mode: 1440p – 60 FPS
  • Ray Tracing Mode: Not Available
PlayStation 5

• Performance Mode: 1584p – 120 FPS
I am just gonna play the 120 fps mode.

Very unlikely. As far as I know this engine has never used checkerboard (or any other reconstruction method) in the past. A dynamic resolution scaling is far more likely (being 2160p and 1800p the maximum resolution, we just don't know the minimum yet) , since it's how it already worked on PS4, PS4 Pro, One S and One X.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Very unlikely. As far as I know this engine has never used checkerboard (or any other reconstruction method) in the past. A dynamic resolution scaling is far more likely (being 2160p and 1800p the maximum resolution, we just don't know the minimum yet) , since it's how it already worked on PS4, PS4 Pro, One S and One X.
Ah ok. I will edit it out of my post.

Top Bottom