• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom 32X Review - Worst Doom Ever?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Umm I think there was a decent SNES version well before the 32x version that used the fx chip? Maybe not.

Jaguar though maybe !?

Last edited:

Longcat

Speaking of the 3DO version.
I'm sure some of you have already seen this, but Jesus Christ, the story behind that port is something else.

Cravis

Doom on the SNES was my first encounter with Doom. It was amazing and blew my mind at the time. I didn’t know any better

cireza

Banned
It is my most played version by far. Doom on 32X runs fine and is great fun.

There are hacks out there adding the missing levels. Not yet totally functional though.

Romulus

It is my most played version by far. Doom on 32X runs fine and is great fun.

There are hacks out there adding the missing levels. Not yet totally functional though.

It barely runs at 20fps. That's terrible. Most of those doom versions at that time were awful except Jag and PS1.

Bankai

I love Sega Lord X, awesome content. This was a really nice vid as well. I totally agree; there are much better ánd worse versions out there of Doom. I would have loved to be able to play it back in the day. Didn't have a 32x unfortunately, didnt have the cash.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Digital Foundry did a video on all the Doom versions, you'd be surprised how different they all were on consoles. Some had levels cut, different enemy placements, sounds etc but most played to their strengths at the time.

Top Bottom