• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't listen to the doom and gloom surrounding CP2077 on XSX/PS5: If you have a next gen console and want this game, get this game

Armorian

Banned
... it's pretty bad on those jaguar cpu consoles, on PC tho this shit destroys everything

Yeah, I launched WDL after CP and was surprised... how bad it looked and how shitty it performed even :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Now Valhalla is a great looking game most of the time, different Ubisoft teams/engines/settings etc.

They honestly should just move on from base consoles. Improve the Pro/1X and work on the next-gen upgrade.

Yeah, but the problem is both Sony and MS don't allow Pro/1X versions ONLY. All games have to run on 1.3TF machine with DDR3 from 2013... Oh and...

Last edited:
This is easily shaping up to be one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had in my entire life, and I'm playing on a XSX.

If you were to browse various forums or Reddit, you would think this game is unplayable. Lots of people are comparing the next gen footage to top tier PC footage and bitching about the differences. Seriously?

I'm close to 30 hours in and the game has not crashed a single time. The biggest bug I've experienced is that V was momentarily bald while looking into the mirror. Outside of that, some items can be a PITA to pick up (this does get fairly annoying at times, but far from game breaking).

The density of the city on both performance and quality mode is great, at least on the XSX. The screenshots showing crazy low density are either taken at off hours during the game, or at a time when the city is (mild spoiler)
on lockdown, which happens early in the game

The world building and writing in this game is unparalleled. Within the first 10 hours, the game had me crying (those of you who have finished Act 1 probably know what I'm referring to).

The only other time I've sought out side quests to this degree is in Yakuza 0. The amount of content in this game is absurd. I spent most of the day yesterday doing side quests and when I decided to turn the game off at 3am, I still had 32 unfinished side quests.

I can't vouch for the PS5 version, but if it's even nearly as playable as the XSX version, it is worth your time.

If you plan on using HDR, I would recommend adjusting the game HDR settings to the below:

Max bright - 850
Paper white - 170
Tone map 0.65

This alone made a HUGE difference in how the game looks for me. I also hear that some people are getting improved visuals by simply turning off HDR, but the above settings seem to make the game look great to me.

This is a game one can easily replay many, many, many times. No reason not to play it now and then give it another go once the next gen patch comes out.

At the end of the day, you are playing a game released for previous gen consoles. You knew this going into it. If you go in with these expectations, you should be more than satisfied with the performance you get on a XSX/PS5. Given that I was expecting to play xbox one x game on my XSX, my expectations have been far exceeded.

Just wanted to make this thread because it would be a bloody shame if some people who were excited for this game are now missing out because they decided to believe all the doom and gloom BS floating around the internet. The game is amazing. Play it.

Totally man, it’s incredible. I played last night from the end of The Heist until the beginning of Act 2 and it was probably one of the most mind-blowing gaming sequences I’ve ever played.

Sure the development has obviously been a nightmare, I was going to wait until my 3080 got delivered sometime next year and play it fully patched up but wanted to ride the hype wave with my family and friends who are playing it, we all absolutely love it and think it’s one of the best games we’ve ever played.

The angry, aggressive negativity on the internet is interesting to me, it seems a lot more motivated than usual. There are bugs and jank here and there and it definitely would have benefited from a few more months of polish, and squaring the circle between the game’s ambition and being cross gen and supporting the old consoles has seemingly proved too much and CDPR has chosen the future over the past, but personally as far as bugs go I’ve not seen seen anything much worse than the average Bethesda game.

I think there is something else going on here motivating the angry criticism and the bugs etc are mostly cover for it. As we move into a world that looks increasingly like the one in the game, much of the commentary and themes appear remarkably prescient - the early game features a lockdown, the theme of body modification is highly relevant to the transgender debate and the novel mRNA vaccine, the electoral chaos and threat to the union of the USA is reflected plainly in the map depicted in the world. As a piece of art or cultural commentary it appears to be very much of our time and the fact it is based on older source material means it is simultaneously somewhat prophetic - take this section from the source book for example.

D9FAZiHVUAAFYT2.jpg

I would imagine that some people are angered by the game because of that - it’s pointing out things that make some people angry, just like some people got angry because of Joker and called it alt-right/pandering to incels.

I would say if you want to wait to play it because you’re worried about bugs, fine. If you have a PS5, XBX or S or decent PC and want to play it now, go for it.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Yeah, I launched WDL after CP and was surprised... how bad it looked and how shitty it performed even :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Now Valhalla is a great looking game most of the time, different Ubisoft teams/engines/settings etc.

Yeah, but the problem is both Sony and MS don't allow Pro/1X versions ONLY. All games have to run on 1.3TF machine with DDR3 from 2013... Oh and...

Yeah I meant CDPR that should internally move on from the base consoles. I mean the damage to their reputation because of this release on consoles is not worth the money. People would have bought the game even if next-gen only.

lucius

They marketed the game on the One X though it should be better running on that system not expecting PC like but its not where it should be

Totally man, it’s incredible. I played last night from the end of The Heist until the beginning of Act 2 and it was probably one of the most mind-blowing gaming sequences I’ve ever played.

Sure the development has obviously been a nightmare, I was going to wait until my 3080 got delivered sometime next year and play it fully patched up but wanted to ride the hype wave with my family and friends who are playing it, we all absolutely love it and think it’s one of the best games we’ve ever played.

The angry, aggressive negativity on the internet is interesting to me, it seems a lot more motivated than usual. There are bugs and jank here and there and it definitely would have benefited from a few more months of polish, and squaring the circle between the game’s ambition and being cross gen and supporting the old consoles has seemingly proved too much and CDPR has chosen the future over the past, but personally as far as bugs go I’ve not seen seen anything much worse than the average Bethesda game.

I think there is something else going on here motivating the angry criticism and the bugs etc are mostly cover for it. As we move into a world that looks increasingly like the one in the game, much of the commentary and themes appear remarkably prescient - the early game features a lockdown, the theme of body modification is highly relevant to the transgender debate and the novel mRNA vaccine, the electoral chaos and threat to the union of the USA is reflected plainly in the map depicted in the world. As a piece of art or cultural commentary it appears to be very much of our time and the fact it is based on older source material means it is simultaneously somewhat prophetic - take this section from the source book for example.

D9FAZiHVUAAFYT2.jpg

I would imagine that some people are angered by the game because of that - it’s pointing out things that make some people angry, just like some people got angry because of Joker and called it alt-right/pandering to incels.

I would say if you want to wait to play it because you’re worried about bugs, fine. If you have a PS5, XBX or S or decent PC and want to play it now, go for it.
I had the same thought. It feels like a lot of the negativity is deliberately trying to poison the well. That comic being posted fits pretty well. It's as though people enjoying it makes them mad.

Concern

Skimming through thread after thread of this game I see "its a buggy pos, fuck cdpr" or "bugs ain't as bad as people make it out to be, best game ever" lol wtf?

I'll just wait till I upgrade to next-gen. But I don't know about waiting on the next-gen patch. Knowing cdpr, they might take another 3 years just to release that.

Skimming through thread after thread of this game I see "its a buggy pos, fuck cdpr" or "bugs ain't as bad as people make it out to be, best game ever" lol wtf?

I'll just wait till I upgrade to next-gen. But I don't know about waiting on the next-gen patch. Knowing cdpr, they might take another 3 years just to release that.

It depends on whether or not bugs are all you care about, it's sort of like those people who hate a movie due to "plot holes"

Certinty

I’ve got to say, XSX on quality mode has its issues but overall it’s still pretty solid. I don’t regret not waiting for the next-gen patch at all.

CthulhuPL

After latest 16gb patch from last night, i can confirm that the game looks even better on xsx.

In other news, xsx version of the game is the way to go because you have option to go 30fps quality or 60fps performance. You HAVE option. People seems to not understand it and shit on xsx while praise ps5 which has only one option and it is from much inferior ps4pro... i don't get you gaf... my friend who has ps5 also confirms better image quality afyer the patch. Overall i'm sure that ps5 will get quality mode in some future patches (even before so called next gen patch) but right now the only reasonable option for me to go is xsx.

CthulhuPL

And one more thing... the game is goty for sure. It is a wet dream of fans of bladerunner or deus ex but better.

I'm sure when next gen patch drops all that people will talk about will be how good the game looks. They will forget all the bugs. Any of you remember fallout new vegas? Floating objects, constant freezes, horrendous framerate, poor textures? Yet the game is one of my favourite rpgs. You all forget how bad it was. Remeber battlefield 4? The game was unplayable on ps4 for about a year due to constant crash to desktops, bugs and even the fucking voice chat (in a multiplayer game!!) did not work properly. Yet gaf forgets. I just think that most people here are spoiled brats and on top of that many of you can't handle that xsx has a win here. I'm sure though that eventually both version will be the same after all the patches.

TonyK

Sounds good, and I have a PS5, however I prefer to wait for the next gen patch and enjoy the game for the first time as I imagined it.

I think most people are just super salty that it runs and looks so much better on XSX and that XSX is by far the best console to play this game.
If it would be other way around we would get tons of threads about it.

Tulipanzo

I'm wondering if it will EVER be "good" on last gen, I think they reached a point where if they delayed it any longer investors would flip out because they need those Christmas sales
This is partially the issue, those machines are old, and the game has plenty of ambition.
The bigger story is how people were literally prevented from knowing this at every step. I genuinely don't care about investors for a game that was 100% going to make a massive profit, delaying/cancelling the last-gen version would have been better.

I'm assuming you must be either around 5 years old and new to console gaming Or you have just blocked out all console gaming history from your memory? N64 ran 15-25fps as standard, PS2 era had many games running 15-25fps, etc etc, when a console is 7 years old and not 1 but 2 generations behind, you get the performance you expect.
This is a really stupid point: it's a good thing we moved on from older sub-optimal frame-rates.
Even so, the game running badly was still totally hidden from the public, and even the "console showcases" avoided showing the very frequent hiccups and issues now being reported.

t0rment

I was going to wait for next gen patch, considering that 4K really makes a difference on IQ, but the games is really good and quite unique, so the thought of 1 more year for decent graphics is too much.

right now the graphics/performance on next gen is merely ok.

Ktotheroc

Neo Member
You should try to be more informed before being outraged at stuff that dont exist. ALL DLC announced for Cyberpunk 2077 will be free. The next gen console updates are also free. So ppl that bought the PS4/ XBO version of the game, already garantee to have the next gen version of the game when it comes out next year.

^ suggested I post this in the thread, after he acknowledged I was correct.

Didn't want to shit on you in the thread, but Cyberpunk comes with micro-transactions as a part of the online experience. You have the multiplayer as DLC, and it utilizes a micro-transactional system, so you'd be wrong.

They stated there's no microtransactions in single player, which is code for "you're paying up in multi", which is where micro-transactions usually are anyways. Thought I'd clear that up for you

I would also like to point out that multiplayer is supposed to be free, yet coming with that model. I'll see myself back out of the thread, but thought the misinformation should be corrected.

Elios83

I've been playing this since yesterday on PS5 on version 1.04 and the game runs great, looks great and I've not encountered particular bugs. Game itself is great so far and the main story really addictive.
So I agree with the OP, you don't have to wait for anything to enjoy this game right now on the proper platforms (PC, PS5,XSX|S). One X and PS4 Pro seem decent too and the mininum entry points to enjoy the game. PS4 base and One S are problematic.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
it looks like shit on consoles. esp ps5. i will wait.

should have been next gen only, ridiculous. the next gen path should have been ready on day 1.

THEAP99

Banned
Is there any better game on next gen consoles?
No
Is there any game looking better in next gen consoles?
No

Go get it if you want to play it.
What the fuck are you smoking? Literally every single launch title I have for ps5 looks better than cyberpunk on ps5. And THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. It makes perfect sense considering Cyberpunk Is not OPTIMIZED yet for next gen.

oagboghi2

Desperate for what? Valhalla looks far better than cyberpunk on console. I mean that makes sense considering Cyberpunk didn't get a next gen patch yet.
Except that it doesn’t. I have eyes, I’ve seen Valhalla running on a 3080. It doesn’t compare.

Elios83

Desperate for what? Valhalla looks far better than cyberpunk on console. I mean that makes sense considering Cyberpunk didn't get a next gen patch yet.

I've played both and Cyberpunk has impressed me much more.
Certainly Valhalla is more high res and polished but it ends there. Cyberpunk can be jaw dropping and feel next gen (maybe also helped by the fantastic art direction), Valhalla always feels like a polished last gen game, which in the end is what it is.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Except that it doesn’t. I have eyes, I’ve seen Valhalla running on a 3080. It doesn’t compare.
I've played both and Cyberpunk has impressed me much more.
Certainly Valhalla is more high res and polished but it ends there. Cyberpunk can be jaw dropping and feel next gen (maybe also helped by the fantastic art direction), Valhalla always feels like a polished last gen game, which in the end is what it is.
This thread is for next generation consoles. I am talking about what I am playing on ps5. If you don't think valhalla looks visually better than Cyberpunk on PS5, idk what to tell you other than you have cd Projekt red goggles on.
The amount of pop-in, blur, and visual glitches, visually hurts my eyes. Valhalla on ps5 makes Cyberpunk on ps5 look like a ps3 game. I agree the Cyberpunk art style is amazing, the artists did their job. But when it comes to straight up, looking at what's on screen, I have to laugh at your face if you think it's the best looking game on ps5 when witcher 3 even looks better on ps5 than Cyberpunk on ps5:

Cyberpunk 2077 is not worth paying $60 to play on ps5 if you want a next generation experience for the console. It's simply not worth it until it gets the next gen update.

Last edited:

Elios83

This thread is for next generation consoles. I am talking about what I am playing on ps5. If you don't think valhalla looks visually better than Cyberpunk on PS5, idk what to tell you other than you have cd Projekt red goggles on.
The amount of pop-in, blur, and visual glitches, visually hurts my eyes. Valhalla on ps5 makes Cyberpunk on ps5 look like a ps3 game. I agree the Cyberpunk art style is amazing, the artists did their job. But when it comes to straight up, looking at what's on screen, I have to laugh at your face if you think it's the best looking game on ps5 when witcher 3 even looks better on ps5 than Cyberpunk on ps5:

[/SPOILER]

Cyberpunk 2077 is not worth paying $60 to play on ps5 if you want a next generation experience for the console. It's simply not worth it until it gets the next gen update.

I've never stated that I think that overall Cyberpunk is the best looking PS5 game :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_tears_of_joy: , so far I'd say it's Spiderman in fidelity mode.
Your screens aren't proving anything, it's the usual tactic of cherry picking one set of screens to try to make one game look bad, while the others are chosen to try to oversell it.
We could do the opposite as well.
This looks next gen to you?
gm-2ba192f4-8e0e-4f02-a71a-4d21e0bcfc32-valhalla.jpg

Statues.jpg

I stand by my opinion. I was more wowed and impressed by CB than AC although the latter is higher res and more polished. CB while not being the full next version atm is worth playing on the next gen platforms simply bacuse it's a great game and it runs well on these platforms, that is all.

THEAP99

Banned
I've never stated that I think that overall Cyberpunk is the best looking PS5 game :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_tears_of_joy: , so far I'd say it's Spiderman in fidelity mode.
Your screens aren't proving anything, it's the usual tactic of cherry picking one set of screens to try to make one game look bad, while the others are chosen to try to oversell it.

Statues.jpg

I stand by my opinion. I was more wowed and impressed by CB than AC although the latter is higher res and more polished. CB while not being the full next version atm is worth playing on the next gen platforms simply bacuse it's a great game and it runs well on these platforms, that is all.
It's not cherry picking anything. I am showing u what my experience on cyberpink on ps5 is. it's blurry, with loads of pop in and visual bugs. IDK WHAT else to tell you.

And no, I don't think Valhalla looks next gen. But i think it's a solid looking open world game. Much better looking cyberpunk on my ps5, that's for sure.

FunkMiller

So, help me understand... those of you trying to say that Cyberpunk looks great on Ps5... are you Ps5 console warriors, or CDPR stans?

Because I put in four or so hours, and it was blurry, washed out, buggy, and looked inferior to other modern PS4 games in BC mode.

I want to keep playing, but really do think it’s a better idea to wait until the actual Ps5 version comes out.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Played every game cdpr game in release, but for this one, I'm gonna wait. I'm sure they'll work out the kinks and the game will be even better in a couple of months. The S the case for all their games and I remember thinking always "shame I couldn't experience it like this for the first time". This time I will, I guess.

Luipadre

Statues.jpg

Those pics are awful. Thats not how valhalla looks on my C9 at all. The game is gorgeous most of the time.

geordiemp

Ps5 is running ps4 pro settings.

I will wait until ps5 gets the proper polish and attention.

This was clearly made primarily with the marketing partner hardware in mind first and foremost, Nvidia,

the_master

Demon's Souls
Demon's Souls
Demon's souls is as good as the ps3 version. It was a great game, and I enjoyed the remake, but it is not as near as impactful, immersive, interesting or as deep as cyberpunk

It also does not look better, at all

Krisprolls

Banned
Is there any better game on next gen consoles?
No
Is there any game looking better in next gen consoles?
No

Go get it if you want to play it.

Actually, most games on PS5 look better than Cyberpunk PS5 BC version (Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, even Sackboy I'd say).

And Demon's Souls remake is also playing a lot better on PS5 right now. It's the game that feels the most next gen on PS5 right now (incredible graphics, sound, smoothness, haptics...)

Top Bottom