• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't listen to the doom and gloom surrounding CP2077 on XSX/PS5: If you have a next gen console and want this game, get this game

Freeman76

What? That's pretty bad, for any game.
Dude, games should be released without any glitches or crashes. It's something you have paid for, so why settle with anything below "works perfectly"?

I mean good for you if you are having fun, but we as consumers should not settle with this kind of shitty releases.

He is full of shit man, don't bite.

OrtizTwelve

This is easily shaping up to be one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had in my entire life, and I'm playing on a XSX.

If you were to browse various forums or Reddit, you would think this game is unplayable. Lots of people are comparing the next gen footage to top tier PC footage and bitching about the differences. Seriously?

I'm close to 30 hours in and the game has not crashed a single time. The biggest bug I've experienced is that V was momentarily bald while looking into the mirror. Outside of that, some items can be a PITA to pick up (this does get fairly annoying at times, but far from game breaking).

The density of the city on both performance and quality mode is great, at least on the XSX. The screenshots showing crazy low density are either taken at off hours during the game, or at a time when the city is (mild spoiler)
on lockdown, which happens early in the game

The world building and writing in this game is unparalleled. Within the first 10 hours, the game had me crying (those of you who have finished Act 1 probably know what I'm referring to).

The only other time I've sought out side quests to this degree is in Yakuza 0. The amount of content in this game is absurd. I spent most of the day yesterday doing side quests and when I decided to turn the game off at 3am, I still had 32 unfinished side quests.

I can't vouch for the PS5 version, but if it's even nearly as playable as the XSX version, it is worth your time.

If you plan on using HDR, I would recommend adjusting the game HDR settings to the below:

Max bright - 850
Paper white - 170
Tone map 0.65

This alone made a HUGE difference in how the game looks for me. I also hear that some people are getting improved visuals by simply turning off HDR, but the above settings seem to make the game look great to me.

This is a game one can easily replay many, many, many times. No reason not to play it now and then give it another go once the next gen patch comes out.

At the end of the day, you are playing a game released for previous gen consoles. You knew this going into it. If you go in with these expectations, you should be more than satisfied with the performance you get on a XSX/PS5. Given that I was expecting to play xbox one x game on my XSX, my expectations have been far exceeded.

Just wanted to make this thread because it would be a bloody shame if some people who were excited for this game are now missing out because they decided to believe all the doom and gloom BS floating around the internet. The game is amazing. Play it.

This is all true.

Game runs fine on Series S. Yes I am aware it is a last gen game so I understand it’s not as polished as a typical x|s title but it’s fine.

And yes I noticed picking up items is hard sometimes, like the cursor doesn’t recognize an item unless you’re perfectly dead set on it.

Otherwise interesting game. I don’t think it’s the best game on earth, but it’s good.

BlackM1st

Banned
Isn't it better to buy it when it will offers a proper graphic update on next generation indeed to give for free our money for a lazy effort on console? Seems the minimum imo.
It is. Also, it will receive a fuck ton of patches and optimization.

Times like this make me glad that I'm just not sensitive to visual quirks. And I hope I never will be.

I have noticed some quirks like super low resolution textures on billboards and one lady who had no legs. But it has been rare that I've noticed these and not enough that I'm bothered by it.

sncvsrtoip

Disagree, currently game on ps5 looks worse than most ps4(basic) AAA titles even tough on latest patch is quite smooth but better wait few month for more patches and nexgten version as game for sure has potential.

hemo memo

Gold Member
What’s your point? He brought up DS. CDPR bit off more than they can chew and he’s trying to deflect by being overly critical of DS. DS at least ran extremely well regardless of what people think of the game - same cant be said for CP. CyberPunk is a piece of shit and a lot of you clowns are seemingly on damage control.

My point is that you are comparing an exclusive to a multiplatform game.

MrS

Banned
My point is that you are comparing an exclusive to a multiplatform game.
If your house isn’t in order, don’t criticise others. Not one single version of CP is bug free. I didn’t bring up DS, the other poster did. If he wants to bring it up, he’s opening the conversation to comparisons. A foolish move given the state of CP.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
You just have to trust in CD Project.

- They already releasing Patches to fix the busg
- They already stealth announced the FREE DLC coming
- They will surely prepare a DLC of the scale of "Blood & Wine (Witcher 3)" again

Iam playing it on PS 4 and i really have nothing to complain up til now. And the patch just hit.
You should see in what status they left The Witcher 3 on Pro and One X. It's playable but it's filled of weird glitches, sometimes really annoying. On Pro the camera views sometimes turn to ground and you have to fight with it constantly when you walk on the horse outside the normal path. Furthermore LOD is broken after the last patch. On One X there are reported others strange graphic glitches like broken contrast in the shadow but I'm not well informed about it.
HDR is the most awful implementation I ever seen, you can't fix it and it's completely broken during the sunset , I have to switch off the automatic HDR in the OS setting because I can't see a shit in the darkness and there isn't even a toggle option to adjust it properly.

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

Oh I played it on PS5 and it’s fine. A little buggy, but not as bad as some people say. I just say well if you got a base PS4, something 7 years old, damn near 10 year old hardware, what you expect?

oagboghi2

doesn't matter how old my console is, if a game released on it then it should work without any malfunction. with your logic then any phone should (lag/overheat/freeze/etc..) when a new model is released.

And im gonna bitch about that till the year 2077 ;)
Did you think that was a clever argument? Comparing a 2011 cpu/gpu trying to run a rendering program it literally can't handle, to an antenna receiving a signal?

It's going to be a rough 2021 for you then

THEAP99

Banned
Last night I had my 2nd crash since I've owned the ps5 since launch on this game. First time it was spiderman remastered a few weeks ago

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Oh I played it on PS5 and it’s fine. A little buggy, but not as bad as some people say. I just say well if you got a base PS4, something 7 years old, damn near 10 year old hardware, what you expect?
A playable product? If it's not, why sell it on stores?

KO7

Do that many people actually have 4k? My pc monitor is 1080p 144hz just because I saw no need for the higher res at sub 30in size, and the higher fps seemed way more obtainable with the card I had at the time (1650super then, now have a 2060). I also own two 1080p tvs that were bought a few years prior. Not about to just throw them away for a few more pixels. Seems a waste. Used to keep CRT tvs for years.

I’m far from being financially well off and I’ve had a 4K TV and 4K monitor for years now. There’s certainly enough media content to justify having them.

Neo Blaster

8 years in the making but no proper next gen version on launch? No, thanks, I can definitely wait and pick it up in a more stable state.

NewYork214

One time I'm glad I haven't been able to get a ps5 yet. I'm gonna wait for it to play this game. Hopefully they real ps5 patch is out by then

V4skunk

Banned
doesn't matter how old my console is, if a game released on it then it should work without any malfunction. with your logic then any phone should (lag/overheat/freeze/etc..) when a new model is released.

Old Apple phones are gimped each year with the updated OS. Apple are even in court over it lol.
At least your shitty console poor version of 2077 is getting upgraded to next-gen for free next year.
EDIT: it is hilarious how many next-gen owners here can't wrap their pea brains behind the fact they are playing a last-gen game through backwards compatibility on a next-gen system.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I would expect it to be playable on every console it's released on (15fps with massive stutters and a boatload of other issues doesn't count as playable to me).

Dude there is no PS5 version of this game. If you convinced yourself that a PS4 version is a PS5 version then that's your problem.

As for microtransactions, well there aren't any, so pls stop with that bullshit.

lol this. there is no ps5 version.... you're playing a ps4 version.

DelireMan7

I usually never trust this kind of feedback ("game is unplayable/buggy") since all the games I have tested which had this kind of feedback were totally fine.

I think people have to high standard (or it's me who have low standard).
Nowadays people call 30 fps/ non ultra high resolution/ a bit of clipping/etc... unplayable. None of these affect my gaming experiences.

Alphagear

Not a Next Gen port though. You are playing a current gen game on BC mode.

If you are desperate to play it right now then get the PC version. Gonna need a hefty PC for that too.

Otherwise wait for the next gen patch.

This is coming from a primary Sony gamer.

Last edited:
Can confirm, Cyberpunk on Series X shits on any other console variant, game looks ridiculous. I know PC is better but this result is pretty shocking.

Cyberpunk_2077_2.png

Cyberpunk_2077_5.png

Cyberpunk_2077.png

b0uncyfr0

Don't buy this game anywhere period. Its in a junky state. They hid console gameplay cause they knew it was utter shit. Most of the things CDPR promised are not even in the current game. Its a shit tier dead open world game in beta they had no problem charging a you 60 bucks for. Why df are people still defending them.. or their shit product?

They've lost all credibility from me, fuck CDPR!

Ammogeddon

I’m really enjoying it on my XSX but have to say, in its current state, its the buggiest game I’ve ever played.

None of it has given me cause to stop and leave it till the next gen patch but I envy those with the patience to wait.

Methos#1975

Really, it looks like vaseline is all over my screen, fuck cd project, even xsx quality mode looks like shit.

So much hyperbole about this game. IMO it looks at time even better than Watchdogs Legion which is next gen. Game is simply beautiful even in the state it is in. There is no universe where this isn't nice looking.

So much hyperbole about this game. IMO it looks at time even better than Watchdogs Legion which is next gen. Game is simply beautiful even in the state it is in. There is no universe where this isn't nice looking.

... it's pretty bad on those jaguar cpu consoles, on PC tho this shit destroys everything

Tulipanzo

... but sony allowed it for release. they should have held it back with the crashing and other issues. It passed certification.

The next gen patches will help. The visual texture loading and they will fix the obvious bugs, I don't know how much performance this will get back though.
"Runs bad" or "has bugs" is not a reason to deny certification? That's for stuff like common critical failures, console overheating, data breaches etc

The game is fully playable, it'd be unreasonable to deny it certification. I know it's bad on last-gen, but frankly it could be way worse.
This is 100% on CDPR management, which:
- Forced months of crunch
- Forced a clearly unachievable last-gen version to be made
- Put restrictions in place to prevent negative info from leaking before release

"Runs bad" or "has bugs" is not a reason to deny certification? That's for stuff like common critical failures, console overheating, data breaches etc

The game is fully playable, it'd be unreasonable to deny it certification. I know it's bad on last-gen, but frankly it could be way worse.
This is 100% on CDPR management, which:
- Forced months of crunch
- Forced a clearly unachievable last-gen version to be made
- Put restrictions in place to prevent negative info from leaking before release

I'm wondering if it will EVER be "good" on last gen, I think they reached a point where if they delayed it any longer investors would flip out because they need those Christmas sales

acm2000

I'm assuming you must be either around 5 years old and new to console gaming Or you have just blocked out all console gaming history from your memory? N64 ran 15-25fps as standard, PS2 era had many games running 15-25fps, etc etc, when a console is 7 years old and not 1 but 2 generations behind, you get the performance you expect.

Top Bottom