• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't Forget to Register Your Capcom ID

Celcius

°Temp. member
Capcom's using a new identification system where you sign up for a Capcom ID and then you can link your Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, and Stadia accounts to it. This will most likely be used for Street Fighter 6 (and more). You may want to go ahead and sign up for the username that you want before it gets taken FYI. I just finished registering and linking my accounts myself.

https://cid.capcom.com/en/
Just scroll to the bottom to sign up if you want

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm sure SephirothUrMom69 won't get taken.
Think again...
working from home GIF

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They did this for a while when the Capcom ID was a separate thing iirc. I remember doing it especially for the Resident Evil Ambassador’s program because they track your RE stats. I can log in and see gametime on all the RE on modern platforms. It’s pretty neat.

yurinka

Capcom's using a new identification system where you sign up for a Capcom ID and then you can link your Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, and Stadia accounts to it. This will most likely be used for Street Fighter 6 (and more). You may want to go ahead and sign up for the username that you want before it gets taken FYI. I just finished registering and linking my accounts myself.

https://cid.capcom.com/en/
Just scroll to the bottom to sign up if you want
Capcom already has the CFN (Capcom Fighting Network) accounts, they did use them for SFV crossplay, statistics and to customize your dojo stage. Notice it's url already considers potential future games: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/

But well, just in case I created my Capcom ID account too.

Last edited:

yurinka

Those were platform specific. It sucked. You had to have a separate ID for PC and PlayStation.
No, PS4 and Steam had the same online for multiplayer matches, ranking, dojo clans etc.

SFV and SF6 are cross-play, not cross-save or cross-buy. You can't move your progression from PS to PC.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
No, PS4 and Steam had the same online for multiplayer matches, ranking, dojo clans etc.
Wrong. I played it on both. I had to have one ID on PlayStation and had to create a different one to play on PC. That's why you see so many IDs ending with PC or -PC. People who wanted to use the same name on both had to do that.

yurinka

Wrong. I played it on both. I had to have one ID on PlayStation and had to create a different one to play on PC. That's why you see so many IDs ending with PC or -PC. People who wanted to use the same name on both had to do that.
I also played in both platforms and have a different account on each. Because SF6, like SFV is crossplay but at least SFV is not crossbuy or cross progression. I assume that unlike you're Fornite or Minecraft Sony or Steam don't like their games getting DLCs purchased in other stores.

Last edited:
For what? So they can collect our data for the millionth time and sell to their partners, huh? Fuck you Capcom.

And give us Dragon's Dogma 2 announcement already.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Is this the same one as SFV? During the beta, as a joke, my name was R.Mika's Butt Slap because they removed her slapping her butt from her Critical Art. I thought they were going to reset the names and i ended up stuck with it.

YFY6iG8.png

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Is this the same one as SFV? During the beta, as a joke, my name was R.Mika's Butt Slap because they removed her slapping her butt from her Critical Art. I thought they were going to reset the names and i ended up stuck with it.
Rooster Teeth Hair GIF by Achievement Hunter

yurinka

Then why did you argue with me and say you didn't have to have a different account on each?
Because I'm not wrong, SFV is crossplay, which means that PS4, PS5 and PC play together in the same online multiplayer, share leaderboards, tournaments, etc. We know SF6 will be crossplay too, but adding Xbox.

To use the same account and progression (cross-progression) in different platforms is a separate thing. As you and I mentioned SFV doesn't support it, meaning you have to use a different account on each platform. Capcom said SF6 will be crossplay like SF5, but didn't mention if it's goaing to feature cross-progression or (like SFV) not.

GaaS like SFV -due to its success I assume SF6 will be GaaS too- often feature -like SFV- a ton of microtransactions and DLCs, and platform holders want their users to buy the games dlcs and microtransactions, don't like to be paying servers for online stuff on their platform while the money generated by the game goes to someone else's store. So specially in the past platform holders didn't allow crossprogression for games that featured in-game purchases like dlc or microtransactions because part of their progression is linked to these acquisitions. So pretty likely SF6 won't be crossprogression either.

But Sony now has a system where they allow it but verifying it isn't too descompensated against them, in which case the dev compensates Sony for that. So now for Sony is ok to have crossprogression under this conditions. If the conditions are ok for Capcom and if Steam and Xbox are ok with implementing crosspogression including crossbuy of game addons like dlcs and microtransactions then SF6 may have crossprogression. Or not.

No, it's a different account. Street Fighter V did use CFN (Capcom Fighting Network) accounts for their crossplay online system.
We don't know if SF6 will use CFN accounts, this new Capcom ID accounts or something else.

If I had to bet, I'd say they'll use the CFN announts and will have an enhaced version of CFN. In fact I assume they'll move all the CFN features (tournaments, leaderboards, game stats, player stats, replays, player favorites, player black list, dojo/clans, the related customization of player titles/player profile/characters etc) to the Battle Hub where hopefully instead of having lots of menus you'll navigate there in 3D using your avatar created for the single player World Tour story mode.

They said Fighting Ground will feature all the SFV game modes so I assume everything else I didn't mentioned before (arcade, training, online ranked and casual matches, survival, etc) will be under Fighting Ground.

Last edited:

Neff

How do I know which PSN account I've just linked to? There's no indication, it just did it through the browser and says it's 'linked'.

Banned
How do I know which PSN account I've just linked to? There's no indication, it just did it through the browser and says it's 'linked'.

whatever your browser was last logged into I guess. same happened to me, I was worried for a second, but it seems to be the correct one... I guess...

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
For real though, it seems like every year I have to consolidate my Capcom portal account into a RE NET account into a Capcom Universal account into a BIOHAZARD CENTRAL account into a Capcomejdidifidiediffoddi accountkdsiiedjfi like bruh

Just pick one.

It's not that important to me to be able to see how long I've played RE2R on Google Chrome.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
As stated above, the 6 character limit is some bullshit. Have had my Xbox name since 2003 but can’t use it in a shitty capcom ID in 2022 because “reasons”.

Last edited:

Banned
As stated above, the 6 character limit is some bullshit. Have had my Xbox name since 2003 but can’t use it in a shitty capcom ID in 2022 because “reasons”.

you can always add some - at the end or beginning (I hope, some don't allow special characters)

so Sp3eD becomes -Sp3eD- for example... or _Sp3eD_ ... or .Sp3eD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom