• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: The Restored Tracks |OT| High Fidelity Jamz

ShadowFX

Another completed restoration, track 'Brothers Bear Blues' (DKC3) 🐻 was done recently:

Last edited:
Reactions: RSB

ShadowFX

Track 6, 7 and 8 of the DKC3 soundtrack (the Wrinkly tracks) were also completely restored recently:

Wrinkly's Save Cave 💾 :

Wrinkly 64 💾 :

Get Fit A-Go-Go 💾 :

DKC3 Soundtrack is getting lots of attention these past few weeks! 🎉

Last edited:

ShadowFX

Track 'Game Over' (DKC3) was also fully restored recently:

Completed restoration of track 'Baddies on Parade' (DKC3):

Last edited:
Reactions: RSB

tkscz

DKC3 gets such a bad rep that I don't understand. I liked it more than two honestly. I enjoyed that the overworld map felt more explorable with hidden secrets and puzzles. I'll admit the game starts a bit stale with some of the levels but after the first two worlds the game gets so much more enjoyable.

The music is great too, while I'll admit not as great as two's, it still holds up. And hearing it without the SNES's sound chip RAM compressing it is amazing.

That being said, still waiting on the water level

ShadowFX

Live restoration of the track 'Stilt Village' (DKC3), missing instrument/sounds were found! 🏞

Last edited:

ShadowFX

With the live restorations complete above, both track 'Stilt Village' and 'Jungle Jitter' (DKC3) were restored!

Stilt Village 🗻 :

Jungle Jitter 🐒 :

Last edited:

tkscz

With the live restorations complete above, both track 'Stilt Village' and 'Jungle Jitter' (DKC3) were restored!

Stilt Village 🗻 :

Jungle Jitter 🐒 :

I tend to forget Jungle Jitter until I do a play through of DKC3. It's a banger for sure, yet I forget about.

ShadowFX

More live restorations! Track 'Nuts and Bolts' (DKC3) was continued because of found machine sounds 🏭

Last edited:

Bankai

Definitely, these restorations are without the compression applied by the SNES sound chip. You get the full quality of the original songs!

Alright I'm gonna check it out, thanks! I think the .rsn files sound great already, curious to hear what this offers over em.

ShadowFX

The MP3 versions are already very high quality. If you want the absolute maximum quality versions, consider the FLAC files available.

ShadowFX

Here's some catch up!

Live restoration of the 'Banana Bird Themes' tracks (Crystal Chasm / Mama Bird, DKC3) 🍌 :

Both track 'Crystal Chasm' and 'Mama Bird' (DKC3) completed restoration 🍌🐤 :

Last edited:

ShadowFX

Almost there! Track 'Chase' (DKC3) has been restored🏃‍♂️ , one of the last tracks to be restored in the project :messenger_sun:

Live restoration:

Finalized track:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Very solid project + thread bro

I liked the music before, but now that I’m actively playing through these games for the first time it’s all that much better hearing these remastered versions of the OST. DKC3 needs to be brought on to the Switch soon these games are fucking amazing

ShadowFX

Airing live now! One of the very last tracks 'Swanky's Sideshow' and 'Cranky's Showdown' (DKC3) 🇵🇪🏅:

Last edited:

ShadowFX

Live restoration of some more (and last) DKC3 jingles 🏁🏁 :

- This marks the end of the live restoration streams (again likely) -

Last edited:

ShadowFX

Some updates were done recently to certain tracks, and a play-through of DKC3 by Sam with the new soundtrack in place:

'K. Rool’s Cacophony (Game Over)' (DKC1):

'Game Over' (DKC2):

'Welcome to Crocodile Isle' (DKC2, new 2021 mix):

'Funky the Main Monkey' (DKC2, new 2021 mix):

'Crocodile Cacophony' (DKC2, new 2021 mix):

DKC3 play-through with the new soundtrack (MSU1 patch):

Last edited:

nkarafo

Is there a pack of all the songs from DKC1 and 2, with all the songs up to date?

I did download most of the tracks a year ago from a link that contained all songs but it turned out some of the Youtube links were newer versions.

If there is a link with all the songs so we don't have to download one by one and trying to be sure it's the latest/best version it would be awesome.

Top Bottom