• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: The Restored Tracks |OT| High Fidelity Jamz

ZehDon

giphy.gif

ShadowFX

This is incredible. Thankyou! Why do these tracks sound so much better than the SNES originals?
They have been completely recreated with almost all original sounds/instruments used by Rare. Only this time, no (SNES) compression is being done on the final tracks.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
What he's doing is amazing, but is it legal to download these tracks? Is there a place to download the entire albums? The dropbox link seems to be select files but not all of them from each game.

ShadowFX

Another Great Update is streaming live!

UPDATE: Steel Keg sound (or sounding very close) was discovered!

Last edited:

ShadowFX

Update!

Jammin' Sam Miller said:
I do not regret to inform y'all that we'll be dropping dropbox from the project. Four a while now I've been nearing the maximum storage capacity for the free version of dropbox hosting the project's files, and since then dropbox has been continuously spamming me with upgrade messages, which was annoying but not invasive. Sometimes links would spontaneously go offline and i would have to create a new one. No big deal. Now dropbox has notified me that they have taken all my links offline due to excessive traffic. No warning, just gone. If this is how they treat their free customers, I am definitely not giving them money. So instead of rewarding them for this toxic business model, I will be moving the restored tracks over to Google Drive, where they will enjoy plenty of drive space and no traffic cap for free. All DKC1 tracks have been switched over, now working on DK2 #ByeDropbox

TL;DR: Dropbox is dropped in favor of Google Drive. Will update the OP shortly.

Scotty W

I was wondering about the Donkey Kong Land soundtrack the other day. Would it be possible to restore that, or are they the way they are because 'that's just how you write music for the gameboy'?

ShadowFX

Lava and bubble sounds were found, now airing the live restoration of 'Hot-Head Bop' (DKC2)!

Last edited:

ShadowFX

Many folks have been waiting for this... now airing the live restoration of 'Forest Interlude' (DKC2) !!

Last edited:

tkscz

Result of the restoration of 'Hot-Head Bop' :messenger_fire: (DKC2):

Forest Interlude (DKC2) is now fully restored! 🕸🌳🌿

This music is so damn beautiful. Two of my favorite tracks are DKC3 are all that's missing (Fear Factory and Water World)

This is an incredible project. Will you be posting a FLAC collection of the finished works?

It's in the OP (though not sure if he updated it yet from the Dropbox links to the Google Drive links).

RSB

Banned
This music is so damn beautiful. Two of my favorite tracks are DKC3 are all that's missing (Fear Factory and Water World)
Fear Factory is from DKC1 isn't it? It was restored a while ago:

Edit: Actually, it seems he's re-restoring some of the tracks he did before, including Fear Factory, to improve them. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

tkscz

Fear Factory is from DKC1 isn't it? It was restored a while ago:

Edit: Actually, it seems he's re-restoring some of the tracks he did before, including Fear Factory, to improve them. Pretty cool.

I got the track name wrong. I meant the music for the factory levels in DCK3

Reactions: RSB
2020 means the 25th anniversary of Donkey Kong Country 2 at the end of the year. One of the best sequels ever in the history of gaming. I miss the old Rare and Nintendo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom