• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don’t care what anyone says. Cyberpunk 2077 is amazing and should be played

Drizzlehell

Banned
I think Judy was written very poorly actually. There's scenes where she yells at you one second, then turns right around and says what a good person you are in the next breath. Very uneven character swings imo. She is maybe the worst main character in terms of the writing.
There are people who act this way in IRL.

Deus Ex has a much more intricately crafted world and the attention to detail in each hub-location (speaking of Human Revolution & Mankind Divided) is a league ahead of Cyberpunk 2077. Cyberpunk feels more like a parody of the future while Deus Ex seems much more grounded in reality which helped me connect with the story at a deeper level.

1473195718_deus-ex-mankind-divided.jpg
A story that you need 5 years more to see the completion of. Should not have marketed it so shit now you got sold off to Embracer and the games are worth pretty much less than a big mac during sales.

Trunim

The writing and world was decent until I met this Pam girl in the desert. What a horrible dialogue. Made me put the game away.

GymWolf

its not fake, its how the game looks without contact shadows;

i tried my best, suggesting all my friends to enable contact shadows regardless of other settings. that setting should've been enabled for medium preset, even. its a big hindsight by developers (do note that, i talk about presets. so your settings can be all low but you can still enable contact shadows optionally). it is only enabled with ultra preset by default. it is enabled for all consoles (xbox one included)

Veg5VSx.png

and with low textures, it would probably look like that. so its not surprising, that much. so lets say game looks like that on low :)
232022ca78fc1033c555ddec1b62b834.jpg

Guilty_AI

By that measure, I would say that Cyberpunk can't be called an actual RPG either. It plays like any other open world checklist collectathon, and almost none of your decisions affect anything until you simply pick your ending.
And thats fine 🤷‍♂️.

What you can't do is criticize CP for not being deep enough to be an RPG or having bad RPG mechanics, then immediately turn around and praise Deux Ex (or even The Witcher 3 for that matter) as this amazing, deep and intricate RPG.
This is something far too many people do, including the guy i was answering.

Last edited:
Anyone who says Cyberpunk has no attention to detail hasnt played it or just hatefully rushed the game. I loved Deus Ex series as much as anyone else but the bs against CP2077 that it lacks what Deus Ex has is idiotic. Cyberpunk's sidequests alone are as good as anything Deus Ex has offered. The world in Deus Ex HR/MD for example feels more personal because it's far smaller, you can easily notice the details better than a huge open-world game. Every side-quest in Cyberpunk has some well thought out detail that works so good with the world. For example there's a side-quest about some dude trying to redeem for his crimes and goes into religion, really fucked side-quest but it was amazing.

1E1D2BD527C81566973722F0D1469B83D07906BD

1-xsd.jpg
if you didnt get the reference.

And this is just one simple easily missable side-quest. Now go fucking play the game instead of making up bs lies about it.

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

I enjoy it my time with the game, playing on PC I had a much better experience compared to the console version at the time, I took me less than a week to finish the game (I did focus a lot on the main story) and I can say that was a good experience, a solid 8/10 for me.

Guilty_AI

Anyone who says Cyberpunk has no attention to detail hasnt played it or just hatefully rushed the game. I loved Deus Ex series as much as anyone else but the bs against CP2077 that it lacks what Deus Ex has is idiotic. Cyberpunk's sidequests alone are as good as anything Deus Ex has offered. The world in Deus Ex HR/MD for example feels more personal because it's far smaller, you can easily notice the details better than a huge open-world game. Every side-quest in Cyberpunk has some well thought out detail that works so good with the world. For example there's a side-quest about some dude trying to redeem for his crimes and goes into religion, really fucked side-quest but it was amazing.

1-xsd.jpg

And this is just one simple easily missable side-quest. Now go fucking play the game instead of making up bs lies about it.
sooo are you telling me Keanu is Jesus?

TheKratos

I fucking loved it. Was completely immersed. Story itself might not be great but storytelling is amazing, graphics amazing and gunplay was very fun. Sadly not super polished otherwise it would be a 10/10 for me. *played on PC btw

yamaci17

1-xsd.jpg

seeing the peralez ad.. his questline was fantastic as well. though it was cut abruptly. maybe a potential expansion? i can only hope.

i bet most people skipped on the maxtac lady as well... melissa rory from the trailer in 2013 (cyberpsycho that became maxtac)
ay4MCpe.jpg
wJMQTfV.jpg

Spaceman292

Banned
seeing the peralez ad.. his questline was fantastic as well. though it was cut abruptly. maybe a potential expansion? i can only hope.

i bet most people skipped on the maxtac lady as well... melissa rory from the trailer in 2013 (cyberpsycho that became maxtac)
ay4MCpe.jpg
wJMQTfV.jpg
I kind of wish the game was about her honestly. Flying around the city and hunting cyberpsychos even though she used to be one.

pasterpl

I have pre-ordered it but still haven’t played it. Is is worth playing now after the bug fixes? Or should I wait for proper next gen version (if it is not out already?), got option 3 - gaming laptop with Geforce 3080 so would you recommend playing it on pc?

ClosBSAS

Pol saying the quests suck obviously haven't played it. While not on Witcher levels of quality, the quests are easy to get into, easy to accomplish and it all has a ver smooth flow and pacing. It's really fun to do them. Some quests are awesome, some are not, but to say it has bad quest design it's just dumb.

SkylineRKR

Pol saying the quests suck obviously haven't played it. While not on Witcher levels of quality, the quests are easy to get into, easy to accomplish and it all has a ver smooth flow and pacing. It's really fun to do them. Some quests are awesome, some are not, but to say it has bad quest design it's just dumb.

I was mainly disappointed in the main story quest in its total, though there were some decent moments. It was short, and there was some dumb shit while choices didn't matter much either. Some side quests were really good. But none of the characters clicked with me, I didn't give much shits about them.

Braindance was annoying shit whenever it came up though.

Maddux4164

I have pre-ordered it but still haven’t played it. Is is worth playing now after the bug fixes? Or should I wait for proper next gen version (if it is not out already?), got option 3 - gaming laptop with Geforce 3080 so would you recommend playing it on pc?
Played launch version on my GTX 1070. Absolutely had a blast. Ran around medium/high at 60fps.

The newest patches have really fixed many issues a lot of players had and added content (new apartments etc)

Yeah you’ll have a fantastic time on that laptop and get RT as well. It’s absolutely worth a play. Frankly, never been into the cyberpunk stuff. But I’m really enjoying it and combined 60 hours between PC and Xbox. Still haven’t beaten it once yet.

Just enjoying doing side jobs and getting Eddie’s (money)

FYI: The “next gen” version is already out on consoles

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Fully patched it's a decent to pretty good game. The story has nothing on Witcher 3, but it's a lot better than, say, Skyrim or Horizon

Yeah the Witcher is amazing story wise for sure

Skyrim… I’ve played that game for 10 years and couldn’t tell you one single thing about its story

Cyberpunk certainly has an interesting story I’m happy to see to the end.

So yeah. Agreed.

Fools idol

Banned
As much as I adored witcher 3 on the whole I thought the story was dull as dishwater. Really boring fantasy fare that weve played x10 already in other games.

Cyberpunk on the other hand had me
hooked from the go. Maybe it's the setting, not sure why but it really hooked me in fast. I thought the rest of it was passable at best.

Witcher 3 is objectively the better 'game' mechanically and the gameplay far more refined. With Cyberpunk,If you switch off your brain from the gameplay and bugs and play it as a story driven adventure it's utterly engrossing. It reminded me of the point and click adventure games of the sierra golden era.

Last edited:

mxbison

I honestly think they are better than Witcher 3 overall. Too much following trails with Witcher sense in that one.

Top Bottom