• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolmen - Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dolmen is a terrifying new action RPG that combines futuristic Sci-Fi and Cosmic Horror elements. Dolmen casts players onto a hostile alien world known as Revion Prime. Your job? Bring back samples of a crystal with particularly unique properties; the so-called "Dolmen". These crystals are capable of allowing interaction between realities, revolutionizing space exploration and changing the known world forever.

Surviving is the last thing this world wants you to do. Will you see your timeline erased or will you overcome the challenge that awaits you?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Mission briefing: An interdimensional rift appeared at the mining station in Revion Prime. We need to contain the effects of this catastrophie before it is too late.
We don’t know if this was an attack, an accident or a natural phenomenon…

… but we know what caused it.

Dolmen is a terrifying new action RPG that combines futuristic Sci-Fi and Cosmic Horror elements. Dolmen casts players onto a hostile alien world known as Revion Prime. Your job? Bring back samples of a crystal with particularly unique properties; the so-called ""Dolmen"". These crystals are capable of allowing interaction between realities, revolutionizing space exploration and changing the known world forever.

Surviving is the last thing this world wants you to do. Will you see your timeline erased or will you overcome the challenge that awaits you?

Dolmen is coming to PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series S|X in 2022.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dolmen casts players onto a hostile alien world known as Revion Prime.

Your job? Bring back samples of a crystal with particularly unique properties; the so-called "Dolmen".

These crystals are capable of allowing interaction between realities, revolutionising space exploration and changing the known world forever.

looks ok. Wouldn't pay 60 dollars for it though. I've seen a lot of gameplay from this and I think The Surge might me a better sci fi souls game

Gameplay looks ROOOUGH!!!

Yikes!

Visually it's a mess, and they're literally lifting elements straight out of other more popular games without any artistic tweaks or attempts to give their own game its own visual identity:
- MC armour ----> Mass Effect
- Fireman's Axe ----> GOW
- Large monster design ----> Scribs from Abe's Odysee
- Oily black monkey monsters ----> Prey (the newer one)
- All other monsters ----> literally every creatively bankrupt western sci-fi game ever

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dolmen is available now on PC, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4. Watch the slick launch trailer for this third-person action RPG.

Dolmen takes place in a sci-fi universe where humanity has colonized several star systems using space travel technology and genetic manipulation. The Revion star system is distant from the main inhabited area of the galaxy, but it drew the attention of Zoan Corp. by emitting different radiation than other systems, suggesting the existence of other universes. Mysteriously, there is only one planet in this distant system: Revion Prime. Dolmen has players battling across Revion Prime while trying to unravel a mystery of an alien species, corrupt corporations, and unknown dimensions.

bender

What time is it?
I'll wait for the sequel, Ya'mon. Rastafarian Souls!

deejay-winpose1.gif

Soodanim

Gold Member
These trailers literally show zero gameplay. Its a slideshow reel or slow-mo circling camera lol.
I never ever want to see a trailer for a new IP that doesn’t have gameplay. Showing me lots of colours doesn’t mean shit, I’ve seen all the colours I’m ever going to see already.

Show me the game that you want me to play. Show me why it’s worth my time and money.

Right now all I’ve been shown is that it’s not worth my time or money.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dolmen does a respectable job of recreating most of the core elements that have carried the Souls genre to - and kept it in - its current prominence, and if you’re a hardcore Souls fan then perhaps that’s enough for you, but given its lack of polish, and just a general disinterest in meaningfully iterating on hardly any of its many borrowed ideas, it’s a bit of a tough sell to anyone outside of the most dedicated Souls players.

Not having enough of your own ideas and failing to execute some of the borrowed ones isn’t a good mix. That said, what is here is a mostly functional recreation of the core Souls elements through a dark sci-fi lens that you don’t see every day. Plus, the genuinely cool looking environments and more straightforward story could certainly result in a good time for fans of sci-fi and souls-likes that don’t mind a moderate amount of jank and dullness here and there.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dolmen is available now on PC, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4. Watch the slick launch trailer for this third-person action RPG.

Dolmen takes place in a sci-fi universe where humanity has colonized several star systems using space travel technology and genetic manipulation. The Revion star system is distant from the main inhabited area of the galaxy, but it drew the attention of Zoan Corp. by emitting different radiation than other systems, suggesting the existence of other universes. Mysteriously, there is only one planet in this distant system: Revion Prime. Dolmen has players battling across Revion Prime while trying to unravel a mystery of an alien species, corrupt corporations, and unknown dimensions.

Top Bottom