• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does the Half-Life franchise still interest players?

Are you waiting AL:Alyx ?

• Yes, and I have a VR headset

Votes: 35 20.2%
  • Yes, and I don't have a VR headset

Votes: 58 33.5%
  • No, and I have a VR headset

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • No, and I don't have a VR headset

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • I wasn't interested by HL until the VR game announcement

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters

lukilladog

What's false? Be specific.

Every user that posts about VR can attest that you're not only extremely negative about VR, but active. You really invest energy into it.

Now, are you saying you don't have extreme nausea? Because I know for a fact you admitted it.

The two statements are false, plain and simple.

Romulus

The two statements are false, plain and simple.

A simple search with "vr" and your username shows otherwise.

As for motion sickness:

Which the above sheds light on more than you probably intended.

Last edited:

lukilladog

A simple search with "vr" and your username shows otherwise.

As for motion sickness:

Which the above sheds light on more than you probably intended.

C´mon, do you want to see my opinion on the "official" VR threads?. :messenger_sunglasses:

Kadayi

Banned
I think for your older gamers HL as a franchise may still hold some cache but for many younger people, it's going to be a non-entity. Valve really has done absolutely nothing to keep the franchise front and centre in peoples minds in terms of refreshes etc and it's fallen to the dedicated modding community to still keep it a thing. As someone who was very much Team Valve all the way back when HL released and HL2 emerged I've long since come to view them as a failing company whose continued existence is really the just the result of one extremely financially successful product (Steam) which keeps them afloat. They kind of remind me of Google in that regard. Too much money, but no clear direction (likely not helped by their unconventional management model).

Said it before, but it bears repeating, there was nothing in the Geoff Keightly interview that suggested that Half-Life: Alyx was born out of anything other than the convenient portability of the existing HL assets to the latest source build and it being the most viable of their existing IPs to adapt to VR. As someone who bought into Gabes whole 'Episodic' Shorter games/faster turnaround, a proper conclusion to the HL2 story BS back in the day., I'm just not finding anything here that says 'Day 1' to me even though I own a VR Headset. I don't care Alyx and I don't care about a prequel. I just want Episode 3. That's the storyline that interests me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom