• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does GAF have pets?

Rockondevil

AnEYGzP.png
Not exactly how I pictured the pussy in the Red Room but it’ll have to do.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
One girl dog (Boxer/Bulldog mix), and one boy cat (domestic shorthair?).

Both are 8 years old. My old girl is the best. She's starting to slow down, though, and getting back leg issues common for Boxers. I'm going to be crushed when she's gone so I do my best to appreciate her now.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Is that Sgt Stubby? :messenger_open_mouth:
Good luck charm named owney after his owner died on the old postal service train system. Owney kept riding the train and after each successful postal run (without any deaths or maimings) the workers would put a badge on him.

Fucker probably weighed 15 lbs after it was all said and done. Feel bad for him. Worst thunder jacket ever

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Good luck charm named owney after his owner died on the old postal service train system. Owney kept riding the train and after each successful postal run (without any deaths or maimings) the workers would put a badge on him.

Fucker probably weighed 15 lbs after it was all said and done. Feel bad for him. Worst thunder jacket ever
Christ, poor sod must've had it rough in the end :messenger_sad_relieved:

Rockondevil

Nice dogs my good man, I love Huskies. I'd have one in a heatbeat but the wifes not keen at all. Husky, Beagle or a good old labrador, we decided Beagle

One day though.. 👀
Haha I really wanted a beagle and my wife wanted a husky so we obviously have two huskies now.

The upside is now that you’ve had a beagle a husky is basically on par obedience wise.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
My wife has a cat. I'm not a massive fan of it, but it's a family pet.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a dog, but I can never justify it. It'd be like having a toddler for 10+ years and would limit my freedoms. I'd probably also make the same mistake almost everyone does and treat the dog like a child by anthropomorphising it. Then become absolutely devastated when it dies like I just lost a child. Fuck that.

I have a cat. I have a black cat who claws and bites. I love him to death but my arms are a scarred mess. One time the fucker was sitting down by my knees in a recliner. My arms were nowhere near him and he just sits up and lunges at my arm. 🤷

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
My wife has a cat. I'm not a massive fan of it, but it's a family pet.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a dog, but I can never justify it. It'd be like having a toddler for 10+ years and would limit my freedoms. I'd probably also make the same mistake almost everyone does and treat the dog like a child by anthropomorphising it. Then become absolutely devastated when it dies like I just lost a child. Fuck that.
“It”….da fuq? Lol. Please don’t get an animal 😂

Last edited:

Stafford

One girl dog (Boxer/Bulldog mix), and one boy cat (domestic shorthair?).

Both are 8 years old. My old girl is the best. She's starting to slow down, though, and getting back leg issues common for Boxers. I'm going to be crushed when she's gone so I do my best to appreciate her now.

I 100% feel what you're saying here.

Man, if we could make some kind of deal that our dogs age with us and in a healthy way, I'd be willing to give up on so many things in life really. So just as soon as our time has come, the dog goes along with you. But it doesn't work that way.

I did see a video of a dog a while ago, 30 years old and still doing damn fine. Absolutely madness, love it.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

I'm 100 a cat person. When I take my walks and see a cat I try most of the time to see if I can pet them ♡

With that said. I like dogs as well and although your post is spot on. A dog needs even more attention and attenting of behavior (depends on the dog ofcourse).

But I fully understand you. Especially the anthropomorphising and unavoidably saying goodbye....

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
i can't remember if i've asked before but what's the meaning behind the name? It's a unusual but lovely name

Not a clue. I took her over when she was aroun 1 year old from a friend who named her and two others with similar sounding names. I liked the sound of the name so I kept it. With that said I have three names for her haha.

This is Boef. He's a half English half Old English Bulldog and he will eat your shoes if he gets the chance.

Awww.. lief beest man.

Stafford

Not a clue. I took her over when she was aroun 1 year old from a friend who named her and two others with similar sounding names. I liked the sound of the name so I kept it. With that said I have three names for her haha.

Awww.. lief beest man.

Nederlander :)

Cfh123

I recently adopted Annabelle, a 3 year old, Old English Bulldog from the SPCA (the humane society). My beloved cocker spaniel Stella died last year. That was a huge blow. After a year "dogless", I was ready to adopt a dog.

I thought bulldogs were lazy coach potatoes. Annabelle's energy level is fairly high, and she is quite athletic. She is about the same size but 10X as strong as my cocker spaniel who passed away.

I have had dogs most of my life - each dog a completely different breed. This is my first time with a bulldog.

Annabelle spent 3 years in a crate giving birth to puppies, and when she could no longer have puppies her owners got rid of her. I am looking forward to giving her a new life.

The best breed is a rescue.

Top Bottom