• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Diablo 4 look too colorless?

Does Diablo 4 look too colorless?

• Total voters

JakeWolf

No I thinnk it looks perfect. I'm so tired of colorful games we have today where ''artists'' just throw a bunch of shitty colors on screen and call it a style.

03a330a6-0a27-4638-82a9-477333da3977.jpg

Miss me with this shit

It looks too Diablo Immortal I'd say, season pass, skins and stuff, that's GaaS.

I hate to be that guy, but I think I'll pass this time, that said, I hope that everyone enjoys it for what it is.
That's the most promising thing about Diablo 4 to be fair, and the reason Path of Exile is the greatest ARPG right now, and probably of all time, up there with DIablo 2. I'm curious, in which way do you think this game being GaaS and having leagues affect you, for example, on it's release?

About the OP's topic, there are some nice colourful ARPG's, but Diablo should never be one of them, this saga should always follow Diablo 1's path, in fact i wouldn't mind it having a bit scarier ambientation just like the first game.

Yeah, it looks like shit. It's completely muted.

And yes, D3's overly colorful style was also shit.

Both these statements can be true. You can very easily look to FromSoftware's games (or hell, look at D2) and see how to make gritty, medieval, gothic art styles look great. Blizzard fucking sucks now.

Josemayuste

That's the most promising thing about Diablo 4 to be fair, and the reason Path of Exile is the greatest ARPG right now, and probably of all time, up there with DIablo 2. I'm curious, in which way do you think this game being GaaS and having leagues affect you, for example, on it's release?

It doesn't affect me in any way, it is only that I generally don't like live service games with said stuff, that's all, it's only a matter of taste. (I didn't like PoE neither)

That's why I said 'I hope that everyone enjoys it for what it is' previously.

I can understand why some of you guys like it, and why some don't.

Last edited:
No. So people complained about diablo 3 being too colorful and now diablo 4 looks too colorless?
Seriously. But honestly, it looks a lot like the original Diablo II.

Personally I think the game has a good look to is, but I wish the magic was a tad brighter.

Last edited:
The only true solution is to make diablo 4 full greyscale and to turn it into a live action fmv game like night trap in order to avoid graphic design criticism

It doesn't affect me in any way, it is only that I generally don't like live service games with said stuff, that's all, it's only a matter of taste. (I didn't like PoE neither)

That's why I said 'I hope that everyone enjoys it for what it is' previously.

I can understand why some of you guys like it, and why some don't.
What i mean is that the base game is the same as if it wasn't a live service game, the only difference is that you can earn skins for completing X stuff, i can't understand how would that make someone not want to play it.

Out of the cosmetic stuff, the game being GaaS just means that they'll focus on adding new stuff and changing mechanics each 3 months instead of just when they launch the expansion.

The only negative thing i can see is that if the game is succesful, this will impact they capability of working on the next game, since most their staff will be focusing on new leagues, just like with PoE, i can understand someone not being happy about this, but other than that?

Josemayuste

Out of the cosmetic stuff, the game being GaaS just means that they'll focus on adding new stuff and changing mechanics each 3 months instead of just when they launch the expansion.

I want my games to have an end, maybe and endgame, some expansions here and there, not some stuff that I'll have to grind for on seasons.

That's why I never played Diablo 3's seasons, or PoE.

I want my games to have an end, maybe and endgame, some expansions here and there, not some stuff that I'll have to grind for on seasons.

That's why I never played Diablo 3's seasons, or PoE.
Well you defined Diablo 2, but also PoE there, and i guess Diablo 4 too.

The difference between Diablo 2 and PoE is that the last one is way bigger due to it being a GaaS, since it had multiple expansions and regular content added, which is a good thing.

And no you don't have to grind for any season in PoE, while you can do it, specially if you want a wipe restarting the economy etc, there's nothing wrong on playing the Standard league, which is just like Diablo 2, with no wipes and with a lot of content to play on it.

Diddy X

Doesn't actually matter, the matter here is the artstyle doesn't look too good, colorful or not.

Last edited:

Josemayuste

Well you defined Diablo 2, but also PoE there, and i guess Diablo 4 too.

The difference between Diablo 2 and PoE is that the last one is way bigger due to it being a GaaS, since it had multiple expansions and regular content added, which is a good thing.

And no you don't have to grind for any season in PoE, while you can do it, specially if you want a wipe restarting the economy etc, there's nothing wrong on playing the Standard league, which is just like Diablo 2, with no wipes and with a lot of content to play on it.
I get your point mate, but, do you get mine? 🤣

Schmendrick

This. People will never be happy.

They said D3 had too much color compared to D2.

Now people are complaining that D4 needs more color.
Keep it in your pants drama queen.
1-2 anonymous board users are not "people". 99% of "people" who will play the game have never visited a gaming board nor wasted a second comparing game colour palettes, let alone necroed threads on gaming boards for it.....

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No. So people complained about diablo 3 being too colorful and now diablo 4 looks too colorless?
It’s same shit going on with every JRPGs gets released, either people complain it’s “too anime” or “not anime enough”.

They don’t know what they want and just like to complain for sake of complaining.

Top Bottom