• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone here wonder why Nintendo has been so quiet lately?

Derktron

Banned
I don't know does anyone feel like Nintendo is being extremely quiet right now, no good leaks or actual news from Nintendo, we hear more about Xbox and Sony right now but nothing concrete about Nintendo the only thing that is newsworthy is the fact the Nintendo Switch is selling like hotcakes still.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks Nintendo and leakers are being extremely quiet. Like the calm before the storm basically. -- I know that there was some kind of leak but not enough to stir the excitement.

Don't know if that is a good thing or bad.

NahaNago

They did just have that indie world a month ago plus E3 is next month. Plus no news NIntendo is becoming the norm.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
It does feel like it's been a while since any major announcement. I'm sure something is on its way besides BOTW2 etc. I'd prefer that it not be new hardware just yet.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Usually when this applies to Sony its right before the floodgates open.

Nintendo ...its harder to tell.

MS seems to never have a 'so quiet' moment, lol.

Woopah

If you made this thread last year, I would absolutely agree (on the first party front). But I completely disagree for this year.

Nintendo announced 5 new games, a remake and 2 ports in February. We then got another first party game announced last week and we know that are attending E3 next month. Unless I'm missing something Sony or Microsoft haven't announced any new first party games in 2021 (that's not a complaint, I don't think those companies are being silent either).

If you want to add leaks and rumours there would be even more.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I don't know does anyone feel like Nintendo is being extremely quiet right now, no good leaks or actual news from Nintendo, we hear more about Xbox and Sony right now but nothing concrete about Nintendo the only thing that is newsworthy is the fact the Nintendo Switch is selling like hotcakes still.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks Nintendo and leakers are being extremely quiet. Like the calm before the storm basically. -- I know that there was some kind of leak but not enough to stir the excitement.

I gave up expecting good things a long time ago. What comes, comes. It's quite sad, and telling your thread reminded me of Nintendo. And everything I expected to be playing in retrospect.. at least there's a Mario game coming out in which we can play golf..

SCB3

It's E3 in 3 weeks

They wait for announced games to come out first usually

It's Nintendo

Pick one and move on

Derktron

Banned
I gave up expecting good things a long time ago. What comes, comes. It's quite sad, and telling your thread reminded me of Nintendo. And everything I expected to be playing in retrospect.. at least there's a Mario game coming out in which we can play golf..
I agree, but I expected by now something more exciting but I guess E3 will have to do.

Jaxcellent

It is super quiet, I hope your right and we will be hit by a tsunami of new game and hardware announcements, but deep down I'm worried Nintendo had a hard time adjusting to Covid,

Hope I'm wrong but i'm keeping my expectations in check this time, I'm no Pekemon fan, so really looking forward to some Zelda/Metroid/Bayo3/any Platinum or Monolith news will do.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
E3 is less than a month away and Nintendo committed to being an exhibitor or whatever. They don't seem any more quite than usual. If anything they have had more coverage with the Mario anniversary recently. Taking covid into account, I think things are going alright and I'm hoping for something big next month.

Cause they always are. Literally all the time and people keep asking. They will only talk when they have something important to say, else, they'll just do their own as always.
Seriously. It gets tiring seeing these topics and switch based youtubers bitching about no info or nintendo not having much at their direct. I think they just like to hear themselves talk and need something to make videos on so they get add revenue, so make videos over nothing. Its been the same thing the past 2 years.

Really Nintendo should just continue what they are doing. And if anyone really thinks they are making a new console this year outside of maybe a slight revison you are out of your mind. In the year of shortages and such it would be idiotic for anyone to launch any hardware until chips are back.

As for games, they have released a ton, people somehow ignore 3rd parties and ports, which i don't get. Why do some only play 1st party games and ignore the awesome 3rd party exclusives, indies and ports. Switch is my most played system as I can play it outside or on the toilet. As someone who is busy it's a godsend. It replaces the portable systems and is one at the same time. Just got done playing some borderlands on it and played amalaur yesterday.

And that warrants "no complaints"? Idk about that.
Getting both. Would like those metroid prime games, though as i never played one. Last metriod game i played was the one on the gba. What i really want is advanced wars and a 2nd fire emblem for the switch. Will take skyward sword (as i never played it) and mario golf. Is mario golf a good game, similar to how hot shots golf was on psp/vita , seeing how that franchise is basically dead I need a new golf game.

Also what are the chances of them releasing a ooc /majors mask/twilight princess compilation like they did with mario 3d all stars? Is this just a pipe dream?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m currently playing crap out of Switch more than my PS5 because of MHRise and with 3.0 update I will playing it even more.

We also have No More Heroes 3 coming out soon and I’m planning to buy Great Ace Attorney on Switch, soooooo..... I have plenty of games for Switch to keep me busy.

I do hope we get more news from SMT5 and Bayonetta 3 soon.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Seriously. It gets tiring seeing these topics and switch based youtubers bitching about no info or nintendo not having much at their direct. I think they just like to hear themselves talk and need something to make videos on so they get add revenue, so make videos over nothing. Its been the same thing the past 2 years.

Really Nintendo should just continue what they are doing. And if anyone really thinks they are making a new console this year outside of maybe a slight revison you are out of your mind. In the year of shortages and such it would be idiotic for anyone to launch any hardware until chips are back.

As for games, they have released a ton, people somehow ignore 3rd parties and ports, which i don't get. Why do some only play 1st party games and ignore the awesome 3rd party exclusives, indies and ports. Switch is my most played system as I can play it outside or on the toilet. As someone who is busy it's a godsend. It replaces the portable systems and is one at the same time. Just got done playing some borderlands on it and played amalaur yesterday.
Srsly, everything apart from new hardware I can agree with. The only reason Nintendo is not rushing software releases is because Switch owners are getting a constant flow of third party games each week, it's not Wii U anymore because then even third parties were absent.

The thing is most will say "bUt ThOsE aRe OlD gAemSss!!1"... Sure, the vast majority of players won't play everything day one, some even won't ever, they just see what's on the store and catch their attention, even I do so since playing on day one is too expensive for me.

Ezquimacore

Banned
E3 is next month, they'll tease some stuff a week before. Probably a new breath of the wild 2 art and a pokemon direct.

Just like the WiiU after the Wii came out. They made fucktons of money, kicked their shoes off and swam in their pool of money. When it started to get a bit empty, they got their shit together and killed it with the Switch's first year or two. Repeat. Typical Nintendo cycle.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Been pretty creatively bankrupt this gen which is a shame considering the Switch is a great handheld. Take away the Wii U ports (including Smash) and you’re left with Nintendo’s worst ever line up in my opinion.

Unk Adams

Banned
creatively bankrupt this gen which is a shame considering the Switch is a great handheld. Take away the Wii U ports (including Smash) and you’re left with Nintendo’s worst ever line up in my opinion.
That's the problem for us diehard fans that actually bought and played all of the big titles on the Wii U. Sure, they're fantastic games. But at the end of the day basically nearly all of the "big" Switch titles are old news to us that we played a generation ago already. It's great they're reaching a wider audience now but for many it's been there, done that.

Dr Bass

Nintendo doesn't seem to care about the kinds of games that got most older Nintendo fans onto their platforms. They like simpler more wide reaching experiences now. Zelda and Mario are practically all that remain of their "glory days" it seems.

What I don't understand is why there isn't room for more of it. If I were in charge I would be doing things absolutely differently from a software perspective. But maybe they would be doing worse, I don't know. But why would having what they had NOW with the addition of Metroid, StarFox, F-zero and maybe a new IP or two make them do worse? They could easily partner up with external studios for these titles and deliver great games.

I don't get it. I've honestly stopped caring.

freefornow

At this point intime, they dont need to say too much
tenor.gif

Codes 208

No because Nintendo is always quiet. They’ll make a presentation when people least expect it and give a two day heads up.

That said I’m content, skyward sword in july and I’m still playing through new Pokémon snap so it’s not like they’re in a drought rn.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Why do some only play 1st party games and ignore the awesome 3rd party exclusives, indies and ports.

Because Switch always gets the worst version. Made the error getting R Type Final 2 on Switch, now thinking about cancelling my Ys 8 preorder and just getting it for PS4 or PC.

Edit: I pre-ordered Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 in... 2017 :D

Last edited:

EDMIX

I vote COVID19.
Agreed.

One could argue why EA is quiet, why Activision is quiet etc. Sooooooo I'd say you are not seeing the normal announcements that you'd normally hear by any publisher because of the rona....thats it.

What ever they had planned, got pushed because based on the events of last year, causing events of this year to be shifted.

Hinedorf

Banned
It dropped Monster Hunter Rise while announcing past Zelda games coming soon. If anybody is quiet right now it's Sony.

GodofWhimsy

If they're any thing like my football club, they only yap when they need to rinse more money from the supporters/fan-base. Nintendo is in a position of power as a business, in which all they have to do is release the next Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon, and fan's will come in droves regardless.

Only the most elite of IP's have that kinda drawing power. Star Wars, Disney animation, my shitty football club, etc.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I put one and one together to realize most of their relevant games are already announced, and they are just operating on the pace they always had, but they run out of Wii u games to port.

Zeroing

Banned
Does Nintendo needs to be loud? They have their own distinct market! While Xbox and Sony are so similar both need to be always doing noise. Fans included.

MAtgS

You mean aside from "there was a fucking pandemic?" Because I'm not sure how that's not already the automatic default answer to the question of where's every company/game. What happened to Everwild? 2020. What happened to Halo Infinite? 2020. What happened to Sonic's 30th? 2020. Like how are still people not getting this into their heads?

Top Bottom