• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think there will be more GP subs than xboxes sold at some point in the future?

Do you think some day will be more GP subs than xboxes sold?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

JLB

Banned
Or in other terms: do you think that at some point in the future gp will overpass xbox as a business/brand?
I asked this because my kid today told me: hey dad, lets gonna play some secret neigh ON GP(rather than xbox)

ZywyPL

Banned
Obviously. That's the whole MS's plan, isn't it? Imagine having, let's say, a 50MLN player base on GP - 120$ a year, that's 6B$ each year, such money can cover basically everything, the games sold alone will never make such money, because people have different taste, for example some people don't like Gears or Halo, the'ye here just for the Forza, and then again - people who do like Forza also divide into those who like both Motorsport and Horizon series, and people who prefer just Horizon or just Motorsport, and with GP, MS doesn't care if you don't like Halo and Gears, doesn't care which Forze you prefer, they will get those 120$ a year, and all off it for themselves. Add XBL to that and we're talking about absurd amount of money. The plan is there, now they just need the time for the execution, but after X019, it's clearly they wan't to push the service as hard as possible and make it their main offer for gamers.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: JLB

JLB

Banned
Obviously. That's the whole MS's plan, isn't it? Imagine having, let's say, a 50MLN player base on GP - 120$ a year, that's 6B$ each year, such money can cover basically everything, the games sold alone will never make such money, because people have different taste, for example some people don't like Gears or Halo, the'ye here just for the Forza, and then again - people who do like Forza also divide into those who like both Motorsport and Horizon series, and people who prefer just Horizon or just Motorsport, and with GP, MS doesn't care if you don't like Halo and Gears, doesn't care which Forze you prefer, they will get those 120$ a year, and all off it for themselves. Add XBL to that and we're talking about absurd amount of money. The plan is there, now they just need the time for the execution, but after X019, it's clearly they wan't to push the service as hard as possible and make it their main offer for gamers.

Well, yes, i think that now, specially after x019 and xcloud announcements there that gamepass is the kernel of ms strategy on gaming. Or even entertainment, more broadly speaking.
I mean, if they eventually attach music/movies, id considering unsub netflix/spotify.

Top Bottom