• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think Sony will add trophy support for the legacy titles included in the reworked PS plus subscription coming in June?

Skelterz

What do you guys think it would defo add more value to the legacy titles like the PSP games I know trophy’s aren’t everybody’s cup of tea but it would add another layer to replaying some of the older titles.

Skelterz

I would hope so....id personally be more inclined to subscribe to that tier if they did
I read they worked on a system that can retroactively add trophies to old games without much work at all so hopefully so it just adds more value in replaying the titles.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Has everyone forgotten the PlayStation Classic at this point? Not expecting much for the legacy titles based on that fiasco.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I hope so. Publishers do it for remakes and remasters they put on Steam, Sony should be able to do it too.

Portugeezer

Due to the number of games, I wouldn't think so...

Unless they're basic trophies such as "beat level 2", "beat the game", etc.

What do you guys think it would defo add more value to the legacy titles like the PSP games I know trophy’s aren’t everybody’s cup of tea but it would add another layer to replaying some of the older titles.
No, Sony doesn't like investing in the older stuff. It would be cool to see though.

ZehDon

Gold Member
If the title had trophy support, I'd expect it would still work as part of this service.

If the title never had trophy support, then no, Sony will absolutely not re-work the hundreds of titles via emulation to add this in. They attempted this with the limited Star Wars titles, and I'm guessing it was too hard or didn't make them enough money to justify the work.

dotnotbot

I would love that but considering that they will now want to focus on quantity (that's what really sells all the subscriptions) then chances are very low

Agent X

It would be cool but also I dont want it an excuse for some games to not make it into the library

I agree. Adding trophies takes a considerable amount of resources. Some publishers might not want to invest the time and money to do this..

People wanted them to get rid of trophies when they did it for PS2 games on PS4.

I don't think anyone wanted Sony to "get rid" of trophies for PS2 games on PS4. They just wanted Sony to make trophy support optional. Let the publisher decide whether they want to put in the extra work, rather than having Sony force it on them. That's the reason why companies like Electronic Arts and Ubisoft never made any PS2 games available on PS4, while they approved multiple original Xbox games for Xbox One.

Has everyone forgotten the PlayStation Classic at this point? Not expecting much for the legacy titles based on that fiasco.

That was a much more limited product, that didn't have the ability for users to add their own games (well, not officially).

Digital downloads for contemporary hardware are a whole other ballgame. If there's an opportunity for publishers of old PS1 and PS2 games to make easy money off of those games, then they'll likely jump on it...as long as they aren't forced to rejigger their games with unnecessary developmental hassles.

Top Bottom