• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think Bethesda will launch Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition on PS VR2?

levyjl1988

Banned
I can see it being a launch game.
I just hope Bethesda patches in cloud saves so we can move our save over between consoles. I want to feel immersed. The original PS VR couldn't do it for me as the blacks weren't truly black they were grey and the pixel count made it feel blurry.

Then again it is owned by Microsoft so maybe they won't make games on PS anymore. Microsoft should launch its own VR headset for the Xbox Series X.
I played Skyrim on the Xbox 360 and was disappointed I couldn't transfer my save from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. Now I'm playing it again on both Switch and on Xbox Series X.
I really wish we had cloud save cross-progression like CyberPunk 2077.

Markio128

I very much doubt it. And tbh, I think most will have had there fill of Skyrim now + the reasons you have already given. There is scope for a truly immersive RPG in VR, it’s just a shame that Sony appear (at this moment in time) to have no interest in developing such a game.

K2D

Banned
I very much doubt it. And tbh, I think most will have had there fill of Skyrim now + the reasons you have already given. There is scope for a truly immersive RPG in VR, it’s just a shame that Sony appear (at this moment in time) to have no interest in developing such a game.
Reason I didn't spend more than ~20 hours I Psvr-skyrim was due to the nature of the headset. With a PSVR2 I could easily see myself spending at least a hundred hours with the game.

Edit: I can see Skyrim as being an exception to a likely hard-line for exclusives. Seeing as it's already introduced to the ecosystem prior.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Nope. Owned by Microsoft and VR for gaming isn't a focus of theirs at the moment. Which is a shame tbh because a lot of their recent (Forza Horizon 5, grounded, even Halo Infinite) and future releases (starfield, Forza Motorsport) would be well suited to VR.

At least in the case of Starfield there could be the potential for a VR mod as long as things are as open and mod friendly as previous Bethesda RPGs.

Last edited:

Markio128

Reason I didn't spend more than ~20 hours I Psvr-skyrim was due to the nature of the headset. With a PSVR2 I could easily see myself spending at least a hundred hours with the game.

Edit: I can see Skyrim as being an exception to a likely hard-line for exclusives. Seeing as it's already introduced to the ecosystem prior.
Yeah, I also played Skyrim using PSVR and it was perfectly playable and immersive, but, like you say, it was too blurry at times - not too bad visually at a short distance I guess.

K2D

Banned
Yeah, I also played Skyrim using PSVR and it was perfectly playable and immersive, but, like you say, it was too blurry at times - not too bad visually at a short distance I guess.
Locomotion and screen experience were fine (though the upgrade will be most welcome). My issue was with the controllers, lack of outside spacial awareness, and time to set everything up.

Markio128

Locomotion and screen experience were fine (though the upgrade will be most welcome). My issue was with the controllers, lack of outside spacial awareness, and time to set everything up.
Well, to be fair, I don’t think it would take a great deal of work to take advantage of PSVR 2 and the controllers. That’s one of the most exciting aspects of PSVR2 for me, in that developers know that everyone will be using the controllers out of the box and won’t need to provide options for the Move and DualShock.

I honestly believe that a lot more 3rd-party developers will develop full game VR modes, rather than add-on’s, just like Resident Evil Village. Dead Space would be awesome in VR, as well as something like Hogwarts. I wouldn’t be surprised to see stuff like UC4 VR and TLOU VR updates from 1st-party either. Sony need to get as many bangers out there as they can - including GT7 VR.

SJRB

Gold Member
wOTxgbg.png

I thought it was already announced?

We've been through this time and time again though. Microsoft aren't going to make games exclusive, especially those that were 3rd party in the past. Minecraft earned Microsoft a shite load of money because they kept it on so many platforms.

kiphalfton

Yeah.

Microsoft rolls over on a regular basis. They let Sony slap them around, and Microsoft just stands here and takes it.

Typical Sony/Microsoft exchange:

chris-rock-will-smith.gif

Honestly Microsoft should just pull the rug out from underneath Sony and make everything from their acquired studios exclusive.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yeah.

Microsoft rolls over on a regular basis. They let Sony slap them around, and Microsoft just stands here and takes it.

Typical Sony/Microsoft exchange:

chris-rock-will-smith.gif

Honestly Microsoft should just pull the rug out from underneath Sony and make everything from their acquired studios exclusive.
Already doing it.
udLRbQ7.jpg

pasterpl

PSVR1 attachment/adoption was tiny with ps4, so there is no commercial sales creating a port if audience is even smaller, unless port can be done quickly and cheaply.

K2D

Banned
PSVR1 attachment/adoption was tiny with ps4, so there is no commercial sales creating a port if audience is even smaller, unless port can be done quickly and cheaply.
I don't know about tiny, if you compare [install bases] and [level of entry], +5 mill seems pretty good..

Sony projections and general interest seems to paint a positive future. Attach rate has been pretty good as well.

Crayon

I love Skyrim VR but if I was going to upgrade it, I'd look into what kind of VR mods there are on pc. I have some issues with the official implementation.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Heard reports on this forum that devs are porting all major PSVR games to PSVR2, and that Sony's competitors are rushing to port games to PSVR2. So yes.

I feel like by the time we all turn 70 years old they'll have put Skyrim, GTA V, and Resident Evil 4 on everything from toasters to refrigerators to clothes washing machines :messenger_beaming:

I genuinely hope so. Skyrim on PSVR1 was one of the most immersive and jaw-dropping fantasy experiences I've ever had, even if stealth archer is even more OP thanks to the move controllers turning bows into machine guns. The only reason I quit was those damn wires, blurry visuals and took ages to set up. VR roots you into the world of Skyrim that flat screens cannot come close to emulating, I think VR really allows environment designers to shine because I found myself taking in tons of smaller details that I didn't notice before.

Last edited:

Zug

Bethesda pretty much abandoned they VR ports shortly after release.
Fallout 4 VR is still a janky mess, Skyrim VR works only because the community pretty much rebuilt the game from the ground up and implemented proper VR mechanics.

reksveks

Minecraft vr came to psvr but I think it will depend on the studio and if they want to commit resources to it, I don't think MS will push for it and don't think Bethesda will bother.

Top Bottom