• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you put cheese on apple pie?

Do you put cheese on your pie?

• Yes

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • WTF?

Votes: 78 72.9%

• Total voters

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hello gaf,

Do you put a slice of cheddar or American cheese on your warm apple pie?

l7jb5z3xo9y81.jpg

Thread is not vegan friendly, but is cool for vegetarians.

Thank.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is actually a real thing that a lot of people I grew up around do / did. I was reminded thanks to dr_octagon dr_octagon 's thread about salt on watermelon. Also by Northeastmonk Northeastmonk 's thread about your parent's worst food ideas - because I think my son would probably answer that thread with "cheese on apple pie".

bender

What time is it?
This is centuries old and phased out in favor of other dairy products (cream, ice cream). If you have a problem with sharp cheddar on apple pie then stick two fingers up and say fuck the queen.

bender

What time is it?
there is a restaurant/pub nearby where I work that does these weekly crazy grilled cheese sandwiches. A few months ago they did one where it was:

– Bacon
– cheddar cheese
– apple pie filling

That shit changed my life

Ever had a Monte Cristo?

Tams

Hello gaf,

Do you put a slice of cheddar or American cheese on your warm apple pie?

l7jb5z3xo9y81.jpg

Thread is not vegan friendly, but is cool for vegetarians.

Thank.
Like that? Fuck no OP, how mental are?!

But cheese in an apple pie, as some sort of apple cheesecake pie? Sure. There's a shop that sells a variety of pies like that near me. That said, I don't rate it highly; just a plain apple pie or cheesecake is better.

Tams

there is a restaurant/pub nearby where I work that does these weekly crazy grilled cheese sandwiches. A few months ago they did one where it was:

– Bacon
– cheddar cheese
– apple pie filling

That shit changed my life

yNmvaKv.png
Yeah, pork and apple (sauce) is a classic.

That toastie is not the abomination OP's photo shows. It's not an apple pie with shitty American sliced 'cheddar' dumped on top of it.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Nope.

My understanding is that this was started to make the top crust cook right in the days of more primitive cooking; the cheese was originally in the pie, between the apples and the top crust.

I worked with a Chinese woman who was fairly grossed out by cheese. She commented that Americans put cheese on everything. My first reaction in my head was like yeah, because that’s just the cheese element of the meal, or cheese food group requirement if you will. It was then I realized I was raised in a cheese cult. Love me some cheese! 🧀🇺🇸

Last edited:

StormCell

I do not.

There are many things I do, though, OP. I eat french fries with mayonnaise. I eat scrambled eggs with ketchup. I put applesauce on fried salmon patties. I like to slather melted cheese over microwave burritos.

But cheese on an apple pie? No thanks. Whipped cream and vanilla ice cream will do.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I prefer pie cold, and not particularly sweet in the first place..

Never tried cheddar on an apple pie, but if it would probably work with the saccharine sweet pies most people make/sell.

Tams

I worked with a Chinese woman who was fairly grossed out by cheese. She commented that Americans put cheese on everything. My first reaction in my head was like yeah, because that’s just the cheese element of the meal, or cheese food group requirement if you will. It was then I realized I was raised in a cheese cult. Love me some cheese! 🧀🇺🇸
The easiest response to that is to say rice is overrated. Ticks them of 99% of the time.

Bonus points if you say rice is bad.

Woggleman

If you notice cheese is almost never used in Asian cooking so it is not a part of Chinese culture or almost any Asian culture so I get it.

Tams

If you notice cheese is almost never used in Asian cooking so it is not a part of Chinese culture or almost any Asian culture so I get it.
Well yeah, many of them are lactose intolerant.

Nor the strongest drinkers, but that hasn't stopped them. I guess the allure of alcohol is much stronger than dairy.

I still stand by my stance thatany Asians overrate rice to an extreme. Worse than Italians and pasta, or 'Westerners' with potatoes or bread.

Woggleman

Well yeah, many of them are lactose intolerant.

Nor the strongest drinkers, but that hasn't stopped them. I guess the allure of alcohol is much stronger than dairy.

I still stand by my stance thatany Asians overrate rice to an extreme. Worse than Italians and pasta, or 'Westerners' with potatoes or bread.
Good fried rice is delicious though.

Top Bottom