• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you own a VR headset?

Select all that apply

• Yes, Valve Index

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Yes, Oculus Rift S or the original

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Yes, other PC headset

Votes: 37 15.5%
  • Yes, Oculus Quest

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • Yes, Playstation VR

Votes: 98 41.0%
  • No, but I plan to buy one within the next year

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • No, but I'll buy one when the tech/games have improved

Votes: 32 13.4%
  • No, not interested

Votes: 25 10.5%

• Total voters

00_Zer0

Oh man, you should really consider upgrading sooner. Playing on a Rift S is among the worst experiences for VR going into 2021.
No thanks. I was looking at the new HP option, but between the worse indside out tracking and no capacitive touch/feedback I skipped out. I'm not going for this iteration of the Index either. The next step for me is going to be a better graphics card that can hopefully handle 120 hz in VR. Then sometime between next year and January 2023 I'll upgrade to the next best thing in VR. There is always something new around the corner and I never feel like I'm missing out.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member

No thanks. I was looking at the new HP option, but between the worse indside out tracking and no capacitive touch/feedback I skipped out. I'm not going for this iteration of the Index either. The next step for me is going to be a better graphics card that can hopefully handle 120 hz in VR. Then sometime between next year and January 2023 I'll upgrade to the next best thing in VR. There is always something new around the corner and I never feel like I'm missing out.
I really like the G2, but the FOV is restricting and still bothers me. Hopefully at G3 will finally be around 140 degrees. Still, the clarity is amazing.

Hopefully the new Index can make that jump.

Top Bottom