• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like Phonk? (Music genre)

Do you like phonk?

• Total voters
Phonk is a subgenre of hip hop and trap music directly inspired by 1990s Memphis rap. Mostly present on the SoundCloud platform, the music is characterized by nostalgic funk sarmples, often accompanied by vocals from old Memphis rap tapes.

If you do, I have a playlist of hundreds of songs. Best music to drift/race/game.

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

xBee3F5.gif

For work purposes: Last Century and Blessed Mane mixes > that lo-fi shit
Funny you mention those two, some of my absolute FAVORITES! Oxwave, Neronus, Green Piccolo, RXIMV, Devd Mvne, Ghostface Playa, Kedela, DVRST, SXULTAPE VISION, are some of my tops.

What's your favorite songs?

I added AngelHerido on discord the other day after finding some of his stuff for the first time.

Queens of the Stone Age - In My Head sample.

Seems like background music. Doesn't move me or offend me, but it's not something I would actively listen to.
They usually have recessed vocals, and more focus on the beat/bass. Definitely background music oriented. But it's amazing when inebriated or driving. (Don't mix the two obviously). Gaming/racing/work x Phonk is the tits, for me at least.

Top Bottom