• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you get 3D audio on PS4 games on PS5?

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm playing through TLOU Pt II finally and can't really find a straight answer. Does the game need to have been recorded to support this? Or is it as simple as this article says?

You can enjoy 3D audio with any pair of headphones or earbuds. All you need to do is connect your headphones to the console or your earbuds to the DualSense controller. You can find out how to do that through the following link: How to Use Headphones and Earbuds with PS5 and PS4 Controller.

As long as they're outputting stereo sound, then you'll be enjoying 3D audio. Sony has released a headset designed to enhance the 3D audio experience — this is called the Pulse 3D Wireless Headset — but you'll still get the same experience if you use a bog-standard pair of 3.5mm earbuds. This is because the processing is done by the Tempest Engine included inside console, and not your headset.

And then I just plug my headset into the Dualsense - is this enough? I was kind of expecting more after listening to the Sony demo, and have messed with the numerous stereo settings in the menus, dynamic range etc.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I’ve been playing GoT with my Bose QC35s plugged into my dualsense.

Using the 3D headphone system and game settings, it sounds good to me. Then again, I’ve never used any of the new wireless headsets so I don’t know if I’m getting the real deal or not.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I was wondering about this. In games like maiden (re8 demo) there is option for virtual surround. Should it be enabled alongside 3d in ps5?

Top Bottom