• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you expect Square Enix to sell Eidos?

Do you expect Square Enix to sell Eidos?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters

Anime-Vix

Square Enix's history of owning Eidos has always been uncomfortable with Square starting the relationship with the infamous and baffling criticism of the Tomb Raider reboot only selling ten million copies. However, with the financial failure of Guardians of the Galaxy, the critical and financial failure of Avengers, and the curious fact of Eidos being contracted out to make Perfect Dark, it seems more likely than ever that Square Enix will sell Eidos to another publisher.

Outside of Tomb Raider, Eidos' financial track record with Square has not been very good, with Deus Ex achieving modest sales that Square did not appreciate, Thief seemingly bombing, and the Marvel games definitely bombing. Do you buy into the speculation that Eidos is going to be sold, or do you think Square Enix holds onto them?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I dont expect it, I want them to. Fuck Square Enix, Eidos just like IO deserve so much better. We could've recieved the best cyberpunk by now if it werent for SE idiocracry. They need to move away and take the Deus Ex IP with them and just reboot it or remake it like IO did with Hitman.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Eidos with MS might be great Idea, especially with IPs they have in storage. While Sony is the perfect place for them, they will have strong competition with naughty dog, and Insomniac.
Either way, those 2 are the perfect candidates, if SE wants to sell them.

Sony can fix those studios once they finally buy Square-Enix.

Square-Enix clearly doesn't care for them...which is weird. Aren't they opening up a new studio in Canada? Clearly they will not give up those studios any time soon.

brian0057

Banned
I dont expect it, I want them to. Fuck Square Enix, Eidos just like IO deserve so much better. We could've recieved the best cyberpunk by now if it werent for SE idiocracry. They need to move away and take the Deus Ex IP with them and just reboot it or remake it like IO did with Hitman.
PREACH!

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I love SquareEnix
jurassic park deal with it GIF

your food is ready.

Doubtful.

Their books are relatively well-balanced, despite revenue being hit-and-miss based on their projects. You only sell off a productive asset class if you need to offload debt or can no longer afford its operating cost. Plus the fetching price for a AAA publisher part-and-parcel, as we've seen, is ludicrously high.

Zeroing

Banned
They could sell the studio, keep the IPs... I cannot wait for the "Lara's cookbook 2"
They were going to close the studio that made Hitman... so nothing surprising.
Square Enix is a mess.

Pejo

I kinda want S-E to go out of business if I'm being honest. Sell the IPs to different developers that won't consistently make everything worse with every successive entry. I'd love to see the western divisions put back into western hands, and the JP IPs go to better JP devs. Probably not a popular opinion, but I view S-E as one of the worst publishers with the best catalog of IPs out there, maybe tied with Konami.

Top Bottom