• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you ever switch difficulty from normal to hard after playing for a bit? or restart at a higher difficulty?

Do you ever increase difficulty after starting a game?

• Yes, from normal to hard/easy to normal

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • No, I always finish at the difficulty I started with

Votes: 33 46.5%
  • I always start at the hardest difficulty

Votes: 16 22.5%

• Total voters

KàIRóS

I think I only do that on Tales of games I've always liked how they do difficulties in those games, essentially you keep unlocking harder difficulties the more you battle on the hardest difficulty available and the next one gives better bonus stuff.

zcaa0g

Banned
I play games on Easy and blow through them. If they're worth a damn, I play them on hard a year or so later giving added replay value. If they suck, I didn't waste much time on them. This also helps reducing backlog due to less gameplay hours due to the difficulty.

Robb

Gold Member
It’s definitely more common for me to switch down, but there have been games where I’ve done the opposite.

PanzerCute

Today's hard mode is yesterday's normal mode, so I only go with hard difficulty.

For genres that I dont play often, I will usually go with normal, but most of the time I will ramp it up to hard after a few dozen minutes.

But tbh it depends on the tuning. Some games have TERRIBLE difficulty tuning where hard mode equals being two shot by mobs that have way too much health. This is just bad design.

It is just interactie movies for me. I get a sense of achievement from going to the gym and keeping my weight under 70kg. Playing videogames not so much.

Top Bottom