• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you enjoy watching others play games?

Do you enjoy watching people play video games?

• Total voters

lachesis

I consider gaming as a active entertainment (not physical, but self participation) - and it is the key to its experience... so no. I usually find watching someone playing pretty boring. Sometimes they spice things up by adding their own voice, but it's usually hit or miss - and mostly distracting too.

But I do know some people likes to watch. My co-worker, she likes to watch longer, narrative games on Youtube.

Kimahri

Banned
Nope. Can't stand it. Can hardly think of anything more boring and that's been the case all my life. Why anyone would want to waste their time watching let's play is beyond me.

It's also frustrating how every time you need some help in a game, the first page of results is just videos. Like I'm gonna suffer through a 30 minute video instead of quickly skimming through an article.

Insanity.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I like watching esports for certain games and genres, but to me it's like watching a sports match. The competition is exciting, as well as seeing some insane skill.

Watching Twitch or Youtube personalities is a big no. I barely have enough time to play games, let alone watch some random person playing them.

Physiocrat

I don't like watching it really but fortunately the wife does so we can play together. Well I play and she is co-pilot as it were

The closest I've really gotten to enjoying just straight up watching people play a game was with the game informer replays, but that's largely because they were edited and usually not longer than an hour.

Just sitting there and watching someone on Twitch for hours doesn't click with me at all. I don't have the free time that I used to have so I'm spending that time actually playing games instead of watching some doofus play up for the camera.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I get what people are saying about preferring to play the games themselves, but I guess I just enjoy watching games be played with the stress factor completely removed. I don't have to worry about playing or focusing too hard.

I can just sit back and relax. It's like sitting on a couch watching a friend. I guess that is the appeal for me.

Aenima

Nop.

The only time i watched someone play a game was when i finished TLOU for the 1st time, i watched a youtuber do a complete run to see his reactions.

Other than that i only watched Gwent matched between pros to get some ideas to build my deck when i was into Gwent. And i also enjoyed watching big e-sport tornaments of Street Fighter 5 and GT Sport. But havent watched anything in a while, im more busy playing all the games in my backlog.

VulcanRaven

I have been watching this guy playing the whole Metal Gear Solid series for the first time:

He started with MGS1 6 months ago and is now playing MGSV. I don't usually watch the whole game but most of it. Its fun to see someone playing MGS without knowing much about it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom