• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do forum people know, their opinions about their favorite companies is not worth a damn to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfey

Banned
We have seen what Sony and MS have been doing lately.

MS ported their games to pc, despite their console being in a bad shape. They made gamepass, despite knowing it will temporary hurt their 1st party sales. They decided to make xcloud, instead of actually focusing on their hardware. They decided to eliminate their xbox live, by increasing the price of xbox live. They retracted that, after huge uproar.

Meanwhile, Sony decided to focus on formula that works for them. They abandoned series like Socum series, to focus on their formula. Now, they are porting their games to pc. They are planning to have a gamepass like service, named Spartacus.

They have done all of these, without giving a crap about their customers opinion.

We had fights here. People arguing about the value these companies have. Yet, time and time we see them do shit like these.

So my question to you gaffers is, Do you think your opinion is worth a damn, to these companies?

Edit: People who are quoting about xbox live, are missing the point. They increased xbox live price 1st. They knew what they were doing. They were testing the waters.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
what about increasing the price? Did they give crap before that?

You're not explaining yourself very well but I'm guessing they have previously increased the price and there wasn't enough outcry at the time to stop it..?

Not everything is going to stick. GSC are (seemingly) removing NFTs from STALKER 2 after an enormous online backlash. The main line of feedback may have been Twitter but the news spreads and is discussed on sites like GAF where we had an enormous thread about it while it was ongoing. That doesn't mean EVERYTHING that we moan about will change.

Are you calling for an end to the discussion or what?

Last edited:
Your thread is incoherent but the basic idea is right. It seems like most forum posters are just bitter and stubborn for no rational reason and have quaint, antiquated expectations - “single player only! No online connection required! Give me a physical version!”

It’s no surprise that these opinions are completely irrelevant to the people actually in charge of running a profitable business.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Maybe OP, maybe. But the thing is, having arguments with people on the internet is kinda fun.

kingfey

Banned
You're not explaining yourself very well but I'm guessing they have previously increased the price and there wasn't enough outcry at the time to stop it..?

Not everything is going to stick. GSC are (seemingly) removing NFTs from STALKER 2 after an enormous online backlash. The main line of feedback may have been Twitter but the news spreads and is discussed on sites like GAF where we had an enormous thread about it while it was ongoing. That doesn't mean EVERYTHING that we moan about will change.

Are you calling for an end to the discussion or what?
that wasnt my plan.
I am just showing how much discussion here, is not worth to these companies. We can argue about them, but at the end of the day, they care about their money. MS knew what they will get, if they increase the price. They went with. They didnt care how much outcry it would lead. Once the media picked it up, that when they went back and changed.
If a company does the behaviors, then what is the point of our opinions about them? They are looking for ways to fuck us over. just like you said there, stalker 2 had nft. They knew people hated them, but they put it on their game knowing that.

Cornbread78

pnJhASQ.gif

Ima gonna say what I wanna say and they gotta listen...

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If a company does the behaviors, then what is the point of our opinions about them?

It's a forum, what's the point in any of it? We're just here to talk about it, that includes shitting on what we think of as bad decisions.

If occasionally that means actually changing something - like the January 2021 Xbox Live price, or the STALKER NFTs, then even better. But if one avenue of discussion on a forum is "pointless" then all of it is.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
the opinions of customers are best recognized (or most easily quantifiable) by sales figures, or lost sales figures.

So yes, companies do care about customer's opinions as they relate to an increase or decrease in sales of games, and related products such as MTX, lootboxes etc.

Harder to quantify is brand or IP damage, but it as well is quantified by lost sales.

So for those who say "vote with your wallets", this is absolutely true. Problem is when you have so many people who are buying things anyways, your singular voice doesnt mean much.

Chukhopops

If they don’t care about their user opinions why do they send surveys? Forums don’t matter because it’s not quantitative and we don’t represent the market at large, but quantitative analysis and surveys are done all the time.

Back when I played LoL I would receive a survey every quarter. Same with World of Warcraft, and Nintendo sends surveys regularly too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom