• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DLSS Plugin for UE4

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
real estate GIF by hero0fwar

Good news everyone

Bogey

Banned
That's amazing, the only downside of DLSS was the somewhat lacklustre support in many - even higher budget - games.
Having out of the box support might be a game changer.

Rickyiez

Amazing news, this technology is definitely a win and beneficial to everyone . But we still got some fanboys with their denial "but... but.. there are only 3 games supporting it"

Last edited:

JimboJones

That's amazing, the only downside of DLSS was the somewhat lacklustre support in many - even higher budget - games.
Having out of the box support might be a game changer.

I hope other popular engines get support like this aswell, I imagine with this and a Unity version easy DLSS implementation would be able to cover a significant portion of the industry and hopefully be a no brainer to include going forward.

Dampf

Incredible. It's super easy to implement, literally everyone could do it in 2 minutes or less.

Now hopefully the other RTXBranch improvements and RTXGI will come to main UE4 sooner rather than later.

ethomaz

Banned
It should be integrated native on UE.

nVidia needs to make some partnershio with Epic.

Last edited:
Dlss is great but I'm concerned devs will lean on it as a crutch, to the point where it's necessary to play games rather than the bonus performance that it should be.

Lethal01

Dlss is great but I'm concerned devs will lean on it as a crutch, to the point where it's necessary to play games rather than the bonus performance that it should be.

Or we get to have games that are so advanced that to play them at max with 60fps you need it.
That would be great, give us another crisis.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Great! Devs can keep unoptimozing their games! Blobber team this is your thing baby!

Of course this is great news but let's be realistic, this is the most likely scenario. Can't wait for indie devs requiring DLSS to run their metroidvania, roguelikes or walking simulators at decent framerates.

JimboJones

Great! Devs can keep unoptimozing their games! Blobber team this is your thing baby!

Of course this is great news but let's be realistic, this is the most likely scenario. Can't wait for indie devs requiring DLSS to run their metroidvania, roguelikes or walking simulators at decent framerates.
I mean the industry at large is headed this way, in fact it's already here. Game are already using temporal AA and upsampling, this is just a far better way of doing it.

Top Bottom