• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Tells Movie Theaters It's Over - Mulan Going to Disney+ For $30 in the US

kunonabi

Grace Randolph reviewed it and said this Mulan isn't a Mary Sue, lots of action, is a love letter to Chinese history/culture (not the CCP for a few reasons she lists)... She basically calls it a great movie and worth the $30

Funny since all I've been hearing is the complete opposite.

devilNprada

We went this over and over again... If you're alone then no that's insane but with the family it's pretty reasonable.

It cost me 34$ yesterday, we went to the dollar store and bought a shitload of candies and snacks, it cost me a total of 45$. Had I been to the theater yesterday the entrance fee would of been 35$ for me and my two kids, plus another 30$ for the snacks for a total of 65$. I also could pause the freaking movie to go piss and make popcorn in the middle of the movie, that's just fucking priceless for me

People like the theater they like to get out and the atmosphere, that's why they go. But that's not what I'm referring to.. this is a paid subscription that should be providing new viewer content, neither netflix nor HBO are charging additional for exclusive content..

Disney+ canceled.. Maybe I'll sneak into a free trial when Mandalorian comes.

Malakhov

Banned
Funny since all I've been hearing is the complete opposite.
No it's definitely not or I would of hated it, these things annoy me to no ends and I let looking for it but it didn't happen

At one point I thought mulan would kiss another girl but it didn't happen

Malakhov

Banned
People like the theater they like to get out and the atmosphere, that's why they go. But that's not what I'm referring to.. this is a paid subscription that should be providing new viewer content, neither netflix nor HBO are charging additional for exclusive content..

Disney+ canceled.. Maybe I'll sneak into a free trial when Mandalorian comes.
To each its own, it's not like they don't give you a choice, pay 30$ now or wait 3 months but I understand your point of view. As I grow older I just go to the theater for big movies like endgame, star wars etc.. this was a good option for me with the kids, definitely wouldn't pay 35$ for a movie on my own at home though

Last edited:

sol_bad

This thing cost $30 are you kidding me?
Hope it completely fails to be honest.. This is a horrible precedent.

Edit: the fact that this cost $30 additional dollars actually reminds me to cancel my subscription..

Disney tried the "free" tactic with Onward. Look at that films budget and box office numbers, it failed to make money.

Why do people expect Disney to lose more money on another film that was meant to be released theatrically?

devilNprada

Why do people expect Disney to lose more money on another film that was meant to be released theatrically?

Release it in a theatre then. I didn't create this covid situation. I am just saying they aren't giving me enough new content to keep my subscription.
Netflix is putting out theatre quality exclusives and not charging $30.

NahaNago

It was meh. Very boring at times. It lacked the impact that the cartoon had. The witch was interesting. I don't remember the music. Changing the invaders to Rorans? was terrible. But Mongolians are protesting right now so this is fortunate for the CCP. The jungle book bad guy was awesome and kind of wish he was in the movie a lot more. Mulan was the weakest part of the movie. She really needed someone to play off of. I think the cartoon was pretty much superior in every way to the live action. The movie was a boring mess with no great highs or really touching low points.

Grace is not objective. She's social justice leaning.

Yeah, I kind of quit watching her reviews because she pretty much praises anything feminist or lgbtq leaning movie and pushes it. I love her personality (feels perfect for sesame street) and I still watch movie math.

Last edited:

JLMC469

Banned
Piece of shit movie: bad acting, green screen galore, rushed, horrible editing (Snyder esque), characters lacked personality, and so much more.

1/10

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned

That title is a hair misleading.
The movie wasn't filmed in a concentration camp, it was filmed within spitting distance of one and the credits thank said camp for allowing them to use the area.
That's not much better, but I'd rather avoid clickbait titles.

Neolombax

This movie was such a bad one, I have a hard time believing the positive reviews. The pacing of the movie was really bad, scenes just jump to one another. The humor was not funny, the fight scenes were bad, the acting was so-so.

sol_bad

Having to pay $30 on top of a subscription, suckers. Disney got y’all good.

No it makes sense, please think logically about it. It was budgeted for a theatrical release, not a Disney+ release.
Movie was average at the end of the day but people who paid to watch it aren't suckered, they are supporting the work of thousands of people.

MMaRsu

Banned
No it makes sense, please think logically about it. It was budgeted for a theatrical release, not a Disney+ release.
Movie was average at the end of the day but people who paid to watch it aren't suckered, they are supporting the work of thousands of people.

Why support it when its bad

Top Bottom