• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney’s Live-Action ‘Peter Pan’ Movie Finds Its Wendy and Peter (Spoiler alert: Peter Pan isn't a redhead anymore)

brap

Banned
FqnmwKR.jpg

Newcomer Ever Anderson will play Wendy while Alexander Molony will play Peter Pan in Disney’s live-action Peter Pan pic “Peter Pan & Wendy,” sources tell Variety.

“Pete’s Dragon” director David Lowery is on board to direct. Lowery co-wrote the script with Toby Halbrooks. Jim Whitaker is producing.

Disney’s 1953 animated classic is still the most successful adaptation of the J.M. Barrie novel about the boy who wouldn’t age and the children who he whisks away to the magical world of Neverland. Many other studios have made their own versions on the big and small screen, including Steven Spielberg’s “Hook” starring Robin Williams and Joe Wright’s “Pan,” both of which disappointed at the box office.

Though there were rumors of the film ending up on Disney Plus, like the “Lady and the Tramp” live-action adaptation, sources say the release is expected to be theatrical.

Disney is coming off a very strong year of live-action adaptations with “Aladdin” and “The Lion King” both grossing $1 billion at the global box office. Disney was so happy with its “Aladdin” live-action pic that it has already begun developing a sequel to the film. Its live-action adaptation “Mulan” is set to bow on Mar. 27.

Anderson is having herself a nice moment as she is also set to play the younger version of Scarlett Johansson in Marvel’s “Black Widow.” Her only credit up until now was in “Resident Evil: Final Chapter,” where she played a younger version of her real-life mother, Milla Jovovich. She is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.

For both Molony and Anderson, the roles are the biggest of their young careers. Molony’s past credits include the Sky One series “The Reluctant Landlord” and the Disney Junior series “Claude.”

woah! when did they start doing live action remakes?

its like the 90s all over again. straight to VHS, i mean, D+.
i'm linking Good Housekeeping? I guess so.

Lady and the Tramp
DISNEY
Release Date: November 12, 2019

Mulan
DISNEY
Release Date: March 27, 2020

Cruella
DISNEY
Release Date: March 27, 2020

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
DISNEY

The Little Mermaid
Release Date: TBD

The Jungle Book 2

DISNEY

DISNEY

The Sword in the Stone
DISNEY

Prince Charming
DISNEY

Oliver Twist

The Hunchback of Notre Dame
DISNEY

Lilo & Stitch
DISNEY

Pinocchio

DISNEY

Doom85

It's almost like redheads aren't common or something. And before I get hit with, "they could dye it!" well no shit, yet the OP decided to just assume the actor won't dye his hair, so you know, kinda ironic to bring that up when we've apparently already jumped to conclusions already.

Also, April in the first Ninja Turtles cartoon was supposed to be a redhead? Her hair always looked brown to me. Not to mention the ACTUAL original O'Neil from the comics had black hair. Hell while I believe this was eventually clarified that she was white, the black-and-white nature of the comics and her design made many speculate that she was black.

And what's with the Karen Gillain image? I'm sorry, given Nebula's nature of her body, it makes sense she can't have hair anymore. Every loser who shamed her for shaving her head (yes, this happened, because heaven forbid a woman change her appearance for a role) can fuck off into the abyss for all I care.

Imagine being upset that a redhead wasn't cast in the embarrassing piece of shit known as CATS.

Also, I'd love it if Rihanna actually did end up playing Poison Ivy, because that would be the sexiest Poison Ivy for me if it were to happen. And you'd know she would be up for doing some sexy scenes, god her in that schoolgirl and maid outfit in Valerian, fucking HOT.

Doom85

Whoa, I love Hook and all, but what's this "the only Peter Pan I need" noise?! The OG Disney animated film is great!

Also, 1990's Peter Pan and the Pirates is one of the most criminally overlooked cartoon series of that decade. I mean, you've got Tim Curry voicing Hook, it just don't get better than that!

Top Bottom