• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 1 Complete now available for iOS, Android

Bullet Club

Disgaea 1 Complete now available for iOS, Android

Now with auto-battle, battle speed boost, a cheat shop, and cloud saves.

EjaXTLP.jpg

Nippon Ichi Software has released Disgaea 1 Complete for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play for $32.99 / 4,040 yen.

The game, a remastered version of the January 2003-released Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, first launched for PlayStation 4 and Switch in July 2018.

Here is an overview of the smartphone version, via its store pages:

A True Remasterpiece, dood!
The beloved cast of the original Disgaea returns in this remaster for a new generation, now available on smartphones!

What is Disgaea 1 Complete?
The king of strategy RPGs returns! Join Laharl, Etna, and Flonne in their crazy adventure through the Netherworld to crown a new Overlord. Remastered for a new generation, with brand new visuals!

Disgaea 1 Complete mobile is a single purchase game application.
There is no downloadable content or additional purchases necessary to access all content in the game.

Story
The Netherworld—a place darker than a pitch-black cave, located deeper than the depth of the seas. It is a cursed land where evil reigns and foul beings dwell. Nobody knows its whereabouts, but everybody fears its existence…

The story takes place two years after the death of King Krichevskoy, the ruler of the Netherworld. His son Laharl slept for two full years, unaware of his father’s death, while demons fought for supremacy over the Netherworld. With the help of his vassal Etna and her underlings, the egocentric, megalomaniac Prince Laharl fights his way to become the next king.

New Features for Smartphones
  • Auto-Battle: Let the battle play out on its own! Not only can you leave the stages themselves up to auto-battle but also the Item World as well. With the Auto-Battle feature, you can leave the level grind up to the game.
  • Battle Speed Boost: Play through the game with between 1x and 8x the normal speed!
  • Cheat Shop: The popular Cheat Shop returns! Upping the amount of EXP and HL you receive post-battle, enemy strength, auto-heal– All these features and more can be tweaked in the Cheat Shop.
Cloud Saves
Both Android or iOS systems are supported and you can transfer your save data between platforms. Play on your tablet at home and your smartphone on the go! Important: ID and password backup is the sole responsibility of the user.[/QUOTE]

Watch the launch trailer below.

Source: Gematsu

That's an interesting price for a mobile game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That price is ridiculous. I’ve paid $20 several times for Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, and Romancing Saga 1/2. Over $30 for a mobile app is insane. Final Fantasy Tactics doesn’t cost but a fraction of that. If this was $10-$15 cheaper I’d consider it.
It’s a great game, but that price. :rolleyes:

Pallas

Gold Member
I really enjoyed this game, never followed the series though but $32 is asking a bit much for a very old game. Also ...is it only in Japanese? My App Store only has images of the Japanese version.

Vitacat

Interesting since I'm starting a new game of Disgaea 1 on PSP Go just today. This remake looks very nice, I envy that battle speed setting and the cloud saves are cool, but that price... I'm happy with the PSP version, but I imagine the touchscreen would work nicely for Disgaea.

Last edited:

blackjon24

To the people who will actually pay this ridiculous price keep in my mind that many mobile developers do not update mobile games after a certain time which could render them unplayable on future update/devises

Last edited:
Top Bottom