• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Disco Elysium: The Final Cut" Physical Release of PS4 & PS5 Versions on November 9th

Probably my game of the year 2021 when it released early in the year on PlayStation 4/5, I think it's still due to be released on Switch and Xbox this year some time too. I can't remember the last time that I bought a disc version of a game but I'm seriously tempted to buy this one.
It's right up there with the best CRPGs of all time for me, I so wish that the likes of Bioware, Obsidian, inXile and their like would return to 2D CRPGs as I don't think any of them have got anywhere near the quality of their classic 2D works in 3D.

More info - Disco Elysium: The Final Cut physical release

GAF OT - Disco Elysium The Final Cut [OT] I Am The Law

NahaNago

Hmm, I like the visuals but I'm not sure if I'd like the game . The visuals kind of remind me of a remastered ps1 jrpg. I'll have to do more research on the gameplay.

tommib

Tied up with Sekiro as my favourite 2019 game. Played it on my work laptop hooked up to an external RX 580 GPU. Incredibly atmospheric. Can’t wait for what these guys do next. Buy it, people. Music and voice acting is top notch. Super dark and existential. Not for the faint of heart but hey you can do drugs, vomit and die of a heart attack.

Terenty

Super dark and existential. Not for the faint of heart
C'mon man, 80% of the game is comedy gold, absolute top notch stuff

Btw, how come there's so many animations in the trailer i have never seen? Are they even in the game?

Last edited:
Damn the UI is completely unreadable.
I know that some weren't happy about that when the Final Cut released but I had no issues with it. They did patch more UI options in post launch. That video I posted of the karaoke section is close to launch and there was an occasional issue where you couldn't hear a character talking, that's been fixed now though.
As far as I know, although I've not played it for a while, everything in the game is as it should be.

Miles708

I know that some weren't happy about that when the Final Cut released but I had no issues with it. They did patch more UI options in post launch. That video I posted of the karaoke section is close to launch and there was an occasional issue where you couldn't hear a character talking, that's been fixed now though.
As far as I know, although I've not played it for a while, everything in the game is as it should be.

Thanks, I'll try searching for some footage with the options active, to see if it makes a big dfference and if it's playable at living room distance.

You get the PS4 and PS5 native version of the game if you download it. I've not actually tried the PS4 version so I have no idea if there's any difference at all, I can't imagine there would be much of a difference between the two really. You may want to have a look at some 4K gameplay just to see it at full scale even though I think it's probably 1080p on both.

Miles708

Found this, if anyone is interested:

(timestamped at 6:43 mark)

I think it's a bit too small and cramped for my living room setup, so that's sadly a pass in a game where text is so important.

KiteGr

vIqRCgd.gif

Rac3r

C'mon man, 80% of the game is comedy gold, absolute top notch stuff

I agree with both of you. Some of the funniest writing I've experienced in any game, yet the tone can also be pretty cynical and the game delves into a bunch of dark/serious topics which could be triggering for some. Amazing story though. Everyone should play it once even if you think it might not be for you.

Sounds very rough at the moment, awful frame rate and quite a few crashes. I remember that the PS4 crashed once for me but I certainly didn't seem to have issues like they're having, there was quite a few updates with fixes for things that I had no issues with at all but others did seem to. It seemed to very much be hit ad miss whtehet you did have issues and that seems be the same here.

No mention of the text in this version although I can imagine what they show here looking a little too using the Switch as a handheld console. I do quite fancy having a portable version of this and other CRPGs at some point as I already own the PS4 andPS5 versions of this I'd happily wait for it to be a lot cheaper.

Not watched these other reviews yet so I don't know if they mention the text in these.

It really is a fantastic game so I do that they manage to fix it via patches like they did with the PlayStation release.

Dr. Suchong

Going for the PS4 version.
Fuck iam8bit.
The farce I had with them over my copy of Rez has totally soured me.
Enjify(?) are selling a physical for PS5?
Supposedly they are terrible to deal with.
I'm confused? Why is buying a Physical copy so convoluted?
No wonder physical is dying lol

Last edited:
Out now on consoles apparently. Not downloaded it yet so don't know if they've done anything with the text options for people who had issues with it.

We’re in the business of mysteries here at ZA/UM and so to celebrate the new year and thank you for a HARDCORE 2021 we’ve just added some new ones to Disco Elysium – The Final Cut. We’re calling this the Jamais Vu Update.
To discover what we’ve done we encourage you to play strangely and thoroughly. You’ll have to do your best sleuthing or get chatting to your fellow players to figure it all out.
  • New secret achievements – time to hunt!
  • Multiple fixes for crashes
  • Gigantic load time optimisations when switching scenes
  • Tons of minor bug fixes all across the game
  • Has Kim always been this hot?

G-Bus

Banned
I have to get back into this. Felt like I got stuck investigating the body. Talked to everyone I could find and exhausted all the dialogue trees.

Markio128

Loading times on PS5 fixed. Haven’t seen one last more than a second or so now.
Great news. I‘ve completed the game once, but I’m going to download it again later to try and grab some trophies with another playthrough.

How's the state of the game now? I heard the framerate would drop a lot at launch.
I replayed it a couple months ago and everything was fine except the loading, which appears to have been fixed.

Gotta say, this is quite an amazing game to replay. I came across a LOT of dialog I never experienced the first time, and a good number of it wasn't even from doing new quests, it was differences in quests I've already done. I'm probably going to give it a few months then play my third and probably final playthrough with another totally different character build just to see what else there is to experience.

Top Bottom