• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disco Elysium The Final Cut [OT] I Am The Law

tommycronin

Thank God!! If all these PS5 issues are resolved after this patch, i will be getting this right away. Get those post patch impressions in as soon as it drops, please. :messenger_beaming:

Here's some of the other stuff they said in regards to the bugs.

4Mj7M88.png
oRXfZBH.jpg

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Here's some of the other stuff they said in regards to the bugs.

4Mj7M88.png
oRXfZBH.jpg

Oh wow, they're already working on 1.3 lol.....that's good, and hopefully won't take as long to come out. I'm really hoping 1.2 stops all the progress killers, and the one that is apparently wiping out save files.

Whew, thank God. I was able to keep playing a bit despite the two big bugs, but I got to a point where I would basically need to waste an entire game day to complete another quest and stopped playing, because it would have been stupid to waste a day when there are actually things I could do if the game wasn't bugged.

Hope it's up there by the time I'm ready to play tonight.

Rikku-X

How does this have a 93 Top Critic Average, I'm sure it's a good good. But right now it has more then a few game breaking bugs. It just goes to show that the reviewers don't even both to play more than 1/4 of a game they review.

Critics give good reviews to people who share their ideology. The devs LARP as commies and most critics pretend they are commies too. 100 million plus dead doesn’t matter to them. Promoting propagandist fiction like this where communism is cool over historical knowledge of the real world horrors it caused is part of the agenda.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Critics give good reviews to people who share their ideology. The devs LARP as commies and most critics pretend they are commies too. 100 million plus dead doesn’t matter to them. Promoting propagandist fiction like this where communism is cool over historical knowledge of the real world horrors it caused is part of the agenda.
It was established earlier in the thread the game is not pandering to far leftist ideology?!?

That was my first question based on the unbridled media circle jerk.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

How commie are we talking about would you say? 100%, 200%, 18%? Let's say it's 27%, in which way does player input matter on the 200% commie pro average scale? If one was neutral to established political ideology. Sincerely curious.

Also, what is this agenda? Again, I'm curious.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Update on PS5 load times please post patch.....and also the weird audio issues and other big ones.

If all is good, i'm going to get this tonight.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Why don't you simply stop playing the game? It's obviously not for you. Don't force yourself or u gonna get frustrated even more. Go play some pew pew.
The frame rate is unstable and far away from a locked 60fps. I don't mind but i can see it.
The voice over is not playing quite often. It wasn't so frequent in the beginning but it happens all the time now.
The initial interaction with objects or NPC often doesn't trigger and i have to do it again.
As if the game wants a double click with the controller.

I had no game breaking bugs but i'm not that far into the game.

It is part of the narrative and character development.
Some of your inner monologue can lead to you discovering important information wich then will give you better options in dialogs.
This is in correlation to the skills you choose in the beginning and the ones you upgrade the most.

You should care because it is your character. You choose what happens.

I think they handled dying really good. It is often unexpected and sometimes even funny. Without it the game would loose a lot of tension.
Autosaves could be more frequent. Nothing an update couldn't fix. Bit in the end it is your fault for not saving.

You don't seem to understand or enjoy the game. Why are you playing it?

I haven’t played it since posting these comments - thanks for your advice but it was a little late 👍

Glad you guys enjoyed it - personally I’d rather read a book 🤷‍♂️

harmny

Banned
It was established earlier in the thread the game is not pandering to far leftist ideology?!?

That was my first question based on the unbridled media circle jerk.

established by whom? the game is not pandering to far leftist ideology but it's definitely pro communism (that's the term the game uses).
i don't know if people have problems with reading comprehension or if they don't want to admit they like something that is left leaning because it makes them feel dirty or something. it's really not a secret they thanked marx and engels for providing them with political education at the game awards when they won and they have a stalin portrait in their studio. of course if you play the game and pay attention it's really obvious too.

that doesn't mean the game doesn't criticize communism either. i like capitalism and i criticize it too. it's alright you can like something and still don't agree with everything it says. it's a very mature thing to do actually.

Last edited:

tommycronin

The game has legit racist characters in there but they're not stupid by any means. Very intelligent but just ignorant in their ways. The game does not pander to one ideal at all. If you're afraid to play a video game for such a reason that's an absolute you problem and says a lot more about you than what the game does, be it good or bad. The game absolutely criticises communism in all its forms.

Last edited:
Holy shit is this game broken on ps5?

After you made your character it says press X. Nope didn’t work had to restart.

Next first Choice in game the never ever thing, I can’t click anything.

Last edited:
All those worried they're too politically sensitive to dare play a game that might offer differing views....

Don't worry. There is endless amounts of all things political, philosophical, existential, etc and you will likely understand none of it anyway.

Nico_D

PS4 patch is nowhere to be seen. Strange why they put out the ps5 one first, not that many out there yer - compared to ps4.

I guess I play something else tonight, too. Kinda breaks my enthusiasm.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
lol so ive seen "it fixes all the issues".....and also have seen people who can't even get by the first room so looks like im gonna wait until 1.3

What a clusterfuck of a PS5 release!

Paradicia

Okay, I've played the GOG version and I'm kind of blown away by the granular level of detail the dialogue employs. Never have I played a game where each question has such nuanced responses. I'm still early on in the game but there seems to be so many routes to go that it can be almost overwhelming. Anyone feel like this?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Okay, I've played the GOG version and I'm kind of blown away by the granular level of detail the dialogue employs. Never have I played a game where each question has such nuanced responses. I'm still early on in the game but there seems to be so many routes to go that it can be almost overwhelming. Anyone feel like this?
The game and it's characters also seem to remember quite a lot of what you have said and done and call you out on past things. Really entertaining!

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
PS4 patch is nowhere to be seen. Strange why they put out the ps5 one first, not that many out there yer - compared to ps4.

I guess I play something else tonight, too. Kinda breaks my enthusiasm.
I had to create a US PSN account to get this on PS5 but...I only just got my patch last night. I couldn’t possibly have the PS4 version could I?

Yeah it's insane. I felt the same way, just ignore it and power through, eventually you will just "accept" that there are things your current character can't/won't do and you will enjoy it more.

I'm really interested for my second playthrough though, to see if it truly is as complex as it seems or if it's all just some very carefully constructed illusion of choice.

HotPocket69

Banned
I absolutely can’t get into this game right now. As much as I pissed and moaned for a week, that week apart from what should’ve been the initial fucking experience totally killed it for me. Games like that require a certain mindset going in and it’s fucking gone at this point. Clearly.

Just another casualty of the unfinished/unpolished release. Whatever. At least those commies got my money.

Back to Days Gone for the third time 😎

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Watched a few videos and I'm still on the fence about this. Not sure if this is a style of game I can get into.

Might wait for a sale. Got enough games to play.

It’s a massive shame the PS version sounds a bit broken right now.

I’m replaying it on PC and even though the basic plot obviously stays exactly the same I made a totally different build and the experience is very different. Amazing replay-ability for a story driven game IMO. A lot of AAA games give the impression you have a choice but when you replay you see that you end up with the same dialogue and same end result anyhow.

Con-Z-epT

Although it got a lot better with the update there are still times the voice over won't play.

Is the sunken car at the south supposed to have no textures?

VFXVeteran

Banned
Hey guys, I just downloaded this the other day and I'd really like to play it but I need to know if it's really good. I see the high ratings on it. How many hours is it? It looks like it would take me a long long time to finish it.

Con-Z-epT

Hey guys, I just downloaded this the other day and I'd really like to play it but I need to know if it's really good. I see the high ratings on it. How many hours is it? It looks like it would take me a long long time to finish it.
I feel highly entertained. It is a calm experience. I can relax while playing the game and it is hard to put down.
Although you walk around and interact with things and people the gameplay plays out mostly in conversations.
It is quite well written with a huge amount of dialog options.

It's something different.

Not sure about the lenght of the game.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Damn, it's depressing to enter the thread many days later and find out the console port is still having big bugs. They probably should've delayed the launch until summer and they could launch it alongside the retail versions as well.

Last edited:

Nico_D

Getting close to the end

This is one of the best written games I have played for a long time. So many ways to roleplay the character, a true rpg unlike many others which are called rpgs but are not - to this extent.

Other parts of the game are not so perfect. There should be more paths to achieve objectives by using different skills you have built your character on. One path for a physical character, one for clever and so on.

Passing time is awkward. I had to spam the same dialogue option with a board game to get to a certain time.

Red checks are pointless as there's save scumming.

Loading times are atrocious and frustrating. Going to Evhart and back requires six 30 sec - 1 min. loading screens. Also fast travel isn't working - worked once, then not. Like there's not other bugs in the game, gave up with the sand castle

But! The story is great, characters are really good and what you make of the protagonist. All that work really well. The game itself just isn't that user friendly.

Still liking it a lot.

Top Bottom