• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disco Elysium The Final Cut [OT] I Am The Law

Dr. Suchong

They’re idiots for not just putting it on the store for preorder. Who actually releases their game on a digital store like this anymore?
Totally agree! Don't Devs complain about a lack of visibility of their Games on digital storefronts? Doesn't "Not" having it up early for pre-order constitute to that lack of visibility? Bizarre.

Futurematic

Bought it and downloaded. The discount was much appreciated Sony.
Yep that’s why I pulled the trigger right away. 20% off a brand new reasonably priced critically acclaimed game (that I think I’ll love lol) is more than fair.

Edit: stat choices that make for the most fun?

Last edited:

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Was planning to hold off but that 20% discount hmmm... Ah fuck it I'm in.
I had to create a US account just to buy this. I’m annoyed I couldn’t take advantage of the discount as it wasn’t my main account.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
The interaction mechanic is straight up booty juice. It barely works. Super finicky.

giphy.gif

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Where are all the PS5 reviews....is there not a review thread? Im intrigued by this game but the lack of PS5 reviews is a bit offputting.

Those here who grabbed the PS5 version today....give us some thoughts

bender

What time is it?
Playing on PS5.

+I don't have to wear pants
+Game realizes I'm not wearing pants and says "I'm only hurting myself"
+I'm not going to wear pants
-NPCs don't comment on me not wearing pants
-Load times are kind of long

This game is fucking hilarious.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

I was thinking of getting this. Am I better off getting it on PS5 or waiting for the Switch version, i.e. is the PS5 version going to be noticeably better? It doesn't seem like the kind of game where that will be the case.

Last edited:
How does it work with this handholding stuff? Is it broken? If I click the respective sticks nothing is happening. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Otherwise game is absolutely fantastic. Playing on Ps5. Loading times aren't super fast but not long at all.

DonJorginho

Banned
Where are all the PS5 reviews....is there not a review thread? Im intrigued by this game but the lack of PS5 reviews is a bit offputting.

Those here who grabbed the PS5 version today....give us some thoughts
PS5 Review Codes went out yesterday an hour after launch, so it will be a while yet.

xrnzaaas

I keep seeing threads on reddit about the buggy state of the game, including crashing, no 60fps on PS5 and stuff requiring a game restart. I think I'm going back to waiting for a retail release.

DonJorginho

Banned
I keep seeing threads on reddit about the buggy state of the game, including crashing, no 60fps on PS5 and stuff requiring a game restart. I think I'm going back to waiting for a retail release.
Yeah doesn't seem like a perfect launch, there had been some reports of a patch stealth dropping in the early hours that helped rectify these issues, either way I am playing BOTW whilst I wait for patches.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
What the fuck is up with the interactions? As far as I can tell I have to move the stick around and sometimes they show up and sometimes they dont? I played like 10 minutes on PS5 and I'm done for now. Complete garbage.
Don't be like that. Have you even bothered to look up the controls?

After you've played 10 minutes you come to the conclusion that the complete game is garbage?

What's up with the hyperbole?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
About to start this bad boy up!
I kind of feel intimidated by this game lol

Edit: The Inland Empire description describes me pretty well lol

Last edited:

deafmedal

PS5- Also experiencing shitty performance with the interact and holy hell why are the load times so long? I never seem to learn, these cRPG games are usually garbage on consoles. Half tempted to ask for a refund and seeing if my laptop can run this as there is a Mac version.

*checks Steam*
Yup, looks like it’ll run...

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I'm having fun.

Really entertaining dialogues and inner monologues.

Performance is not good on PS5. No way this is 60fps.

While it is nice that it is possible to increase the text size in the dialogues i still struggle to read the text in the menus.
Is there no way to increase everything?

Last edited:
PS5- Also experiencing shitty performance with the interact and holy hell why are the load times so long? I never seem to learn, these cRPG games are usually garbage on consoles. Half tempted to ask for a refund and seeing if my laptop can run this as there is a Mac version.

*checks Steam*
Yup, looks like it’ll run...
Here we go again... Hyperbole I call upon thee. The loooooooong loading times...

Markio128

I’ve played DE for a fair few hours on PS5 now and I haven’t noticed any major issues. The loading times seem longer than what I’m used to on PS5, but not a big deal. Also, it took a while to understand the controls, particularly with interacting with things/people; the right stick allows you to choose what to interact with and the bumper button highlights what can be interacted with. It’s a strange game for sure and at times I thought that I was losing my way, but now it’s coming together and I’m beginning to understand the mechanics. It’s make me laugh out loud a couple of times as well, which is pretty rare for a game. Overall, pretty happy with it, but too early to give a score.

HotPocket69

Banned
I started off playing on Hardcore. Is that a mistake?

Interacting with stuff is pretty finicky and bad. Hopefully they do something to tighten it up. Otherwise, I’ve barely scratched the surface but the game does feel special in a weird way. Love the voice acting.

DonJorginho

Banned
What the fuck is up with the interactions? As far as I can tell I have to move the stick around and sometimes they show up and sometimes they dont? I played like 10 minutes on PS5 and I'm done for now. Complete garbage.
Imagine coming to a conclusion on a game within 10 minutes, stick with it my friend, I assure you that you'll see the greatness soon enough.

Fuz

Banned
Anyone who played the "first version" and finished this final cut could give me a quick review and highlights? Worth a replay?

DonJorginho

Banned
Anyone who played the "first version" and finished this final cut could give me a quick review and highlights? Worth a replay?
Our very own Karak Karak gave a great mini review where he talks about what was added and how it improves the experience and lifts it to an even higher level of excellence, worth checking out, plus is only 4 mins!

Reactions: Fuz

deafmedal

Here we go again... Hyperbole I call upon thee. The loooooooong loading times...
Hyperbole:
Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech.

How exactly does:
why are the load times so long?
fit the above criteria? Perhaps if I would have instead said:
deafmedal said:
These load times are almost as long as GTAV’s!
you might be on to something. You may want to change the first part of your username to more accurately reflect what you are.

Yep that’s why I pulled the trigger right away. 20% off a brand new reasonably priced critically acclaimed game (that I think I’ll love lol) is more than fair.

Edit: stat choices that make for the most fun?
Gonna max out the one that lets you talk to inanimate objects. Says if its high enough the detective will literally go insane. Nice. Haha.
Also died of a heart attack trying and failing to punch a punk ass boy. 10/10.

Hyperbole:
Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech.

How exactly does:

fit the above criteria? Perhaps if I would have instead said:

you might be on to something. You may want to change the first part of your username to more accurately reflect what you are.
Ah.. name calling. Check. Anything else u wanna add to your profile? 😉

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Playing on PS5.

+I don't have to wear pants
+Game realizes I'm not wearing pants and says "I'm only hurting myself"
+I'm not going to wear pants
-NPCs don't comment on me not wearing pants
-Load times are kind of long

This game is fucking hilarious.
Load times long? Hm, that's a slight bummer considering the hardware.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Need someone whos playing the PS5 version to comment on load times......not interested in generic "oh theyre long". Wondering how often theyre there, and when they are a general timeframe (5 seconds, 15, etc...)

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
No reason it should be any longer than a comparable pc with ssd one would think. Disappointing the PS5 hardware I/o is not used.
Right. I've played Disco Elysium on a comparable (but one generation back) SSD on my PC and the load times weren't bad at all, so it's certainly an optimization issue; and given the astronomical speed of the PS5 SSD, this is disappointing.

Markio128

Need someone whos playing the PS5 version to comment on load times......not interested in generic "oh theyre long". Wondering how often theyre there, and when they are a general timeframe (5 seconds, 15, etc...)
I haven’t timed them, but they seem like 5-10 seconds long. Not a big deal, but it would benefit from faster load times only because they appear fairly frequently, like almost every time you go through a door.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I really liked what I played of it but out it on the shelf when I heard about the final cut as I wasn't that far in. Time to finally really dig in to this.

Top Bottom