• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disco Elysium’s Australian ban has been overturned

bitbydeath

Stupid ban, I had already bought it on Mac.
The review board went on to say that “while drug use linked to incentive sand rewards cannot be accommodated at $ 18+, this game does provide disincentives related to drug-taking behaviour to the point where regular drug use leads to negative consequences for the player’s progression in the game”

You can find the full report HERE. We’ll let you know when the game is for sale on PS5 digitally. The game never left Steam during its ban in Australia.

Traxtech

Fuck this country regardless of the overturn regarding the rating board.

I remember GTA3 getting banned back in the day too and having to import it from NZ

Last edited:
Lmao that's pretty funny.

I dont think this game celebrated drug use at all. If anything, it showed how it could ruin your well being and the courses you take in life and the consequences of them.

Glad they overturned the ban, this game is phenomenal now with the fully voice over additions.

bbeach123

Did they banned fallout 4 too because my Melee characters eat chems like candy without consequence (except taking trips to doctor ofc) .

doesn't it show(the game , disco Elysium) , that so called drugs, could be pertained to coffee, etc , as well as the usual , and the fact , that in moderation , they could help or make things interesting , but under abuse , it turns you into a fked up being??

less your a being who can take copious amount's of anything , like a true rock cock god....

pass me the mic.

Last edited:
We need to update our ratings system. The vast majority of 18+ Aussies know drugs are bad (mmkay). We dont need the Australian authorities to babysit us.

Kenpachii

Like what prevents a australian from just making a EU steam account?

with digital market these days those bans are laughable anyway.

Top Bottom