• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 5 Reviews

Shmunter

But people here told us it would be shite?

Day one for me now ! Ready for a racing game and I loved Motorstorm.
Probably more to do with the underwhelming XsX showing. Current gen gfx with screen tearing is not the way you want to promote a next gen system.

Perfectly fine on current gen. Indeed, game looks a blast.

Edit, turns out current gen Xbox one X version is trash too.

Last edited:

Puskas

Swedens biggest gaming site gave it 3 out of 10 on ps4/xox. They called it the biggest disapointment of the year. I Will wait and se gamers reactions firat then.
Holy shit. He really did trash the game in his review. Though, I can certainly understand where he's coming from and the reasoning behind his low score.

Last edited:
My Amplified Edition on PC hasn't even unlocked yet in the UK (bought from Greenman Gaming) - yet people in USA are playing it already! grrr

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, it will be like the Sega Rally 4 we will never get. Looking forward to it.
I like Dirt.. but not even remotely. Dirt games are more of a simcade kind of deal instead of being full on arcade racers.

Pantz

Something pretty weird, the fans in the stands are segregated by gender. Women only stands and men only stands. Had to take photo from my phone since game doesn't seem to allow screenshots yet.
vD9vQqD.jpg

Game has some problems but it's still fun. Maybe they already have a patch cooked up for the standard edition's release.

Something pretty weird, the fans in the stands are segregated by gender. Women only stands and men only stands. Had to take photo from my phone since game doesn't seem to allow screenshots yet.
vD9vQqD.jpg

Game has some problems but it's still fun. Maybe they already have a patch cooked up for the standard edition's release.

WOW that's a little... strange.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Dont twist the knife bro, I'm still hurting 😭

Why tf do we not have any game come close to the Motorstorm series is beyond my dying soul.

The UN passed a law outlawing high quality track-based arcade racing games in 2013. It's part of the New World Order/Great Reset. Wake up sheeple.

Greenman Gaming supplied a post launch key for Amplified Edition - they re-sent me the correct key and now it unlocks.

Left everything on Auto for settings and got a steady 60fps - not sure if it selected my native res on PC as I play on a 4K TV - spec is Ryzne 3700X, GeForce 1080Ti, 16gb 3200Mhz ram

BlueHawk357

I'm actually quite shocked.
83 XB1, 82 PS4, 77 PC.

Dirt 4 was
86 XB1, 85 PS5, 78 PC.

Hmm. Not looking so promising.

Just had 4 races on the PC. If I go by the Steam discussions, then this game is a flaming pile of burnt rubber.... but I actually love it. Looks gorgeous, feels nice - heck, a storm blew in - heavy rain then cleared... and there was a rainbow :D
Also, waves crashing at the side of the road splashing it.

Really feels nice to me and no crashes.

Rayderism

I played a few races in career last night on PS4 Pro, seemed really fun. Certainly more fun than Dirt 4. It ran pretty smooth in graphics mode. Haven't tried performance mode yet. I can already tell I'm going to need to tweak the handling helpers to give it a better balance between sim and arcade though, seemed a little too easy at default. Will dive into the various game options more on the weekend when I have more time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the difference between graphics mode and performance mode is 30fps vs. 60fps, right?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I played a few races in career last night on PS4 Pro, seemed really fun. Certainly more fun than Dirt 4. It ran pretty smooth in graphics mode. Haven't tried performance mode yet. I can already tell I'm going to need to tweak the handling helpers to give it a better balance between sim and arcade though, seemed a little too easy at default. Will dive into the various game options more on the weekend when I have more time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the difference between graphics mode and performance mode is 30fps vs. 60fps, right?

yes. 60 FPS should have been standard. The game is so fast 30 fps just doesnt work well.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Screen tearing is not acceptable in 2020. If the PS5 version has that I'm simply not buying the game, it absolutely ruins the image IMO.

sn0man

Pretty excited to see how 4-player runs on every platform. Would be amazing to see 4-player 60fps even if only on XSX.

Certinty

Screentearing doesn't surprise me, think some of you are forgetting how bad F1 2019 was at times just to name a random Codemasters example.

Being an idiot though I bought this on the Xbox so I really hope the Series X version is at least good.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Screentearing doesn't surprise me, think some of you are forgetting how bad F1 2019 was at times just to name a random Codemasters example.

Being an idiot though I bought this on the Xbox so I really hope the Series X version is at least good.

screen tearing is weird. it seems to happen right at the start but then only ever rarely once the racers spread out more. 60 fps mode / XoX

CrysisFreak

Banned
These oval tracks with the cars that only turn left are pure trash.
I don't exactly know what the devs were thinking. Who wants to play this shit?
Stop putting your meme modes into games and start working on track design and technology.
Plus, this game already crashed many times for me.
Launch is nearly as buggy as PC3.
Which begs the question are the developers at Codemasters clinically retarded since 2 years or what exactly is going on there?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
These oval tracks with the cars that only turn left are pure trash.
I don't exactly know what the devs were thinking. Who wants to play this shit?
Stop putting your meme modes into games and start working on track design and technology.
Plus, this game already crashed many times for me.
Launch is nearly as buggy as PC3.
Which begs the question are the developers at Codemasters clinically retarded since 2 years or what exactly is going on there?

this game is from the motor storm / drive club team. They work for code masters now.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
played alot yesterday. This game is one of 2 patches away from greatness IMO.. They need to fix the tearing, and they need to like IDK turnt he color up a bit? its nice looking but its has such muted colors int he tracks. looks like something with the lighting is off or needs to be tweaked.
The tracks are fun and the cars handle well.

I tried to preorder a ps5 copy from EB today and they said they have the sku in the system but it won't allow it to be pre-ordered for some reason. And the computer says it releases on the 19? I thought this was a ps5 launch title?

martino

OT was wrong and i see it's simmplitist binary and often warry hot takes has led him to the inetivatable

TrainedRage

Banned
Downloading on PC now. Anything to wipe the putrid puke of Watchdogs out of my mouth. This game will be a 10 from me just coming from that.

Top Bottom