• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DIRT 5 |OT| DirtStormClub

OutRun88

It really is Motorstorm and Rallysport , which I both loved. Loving the game so far , on Series X the game looks amazing , the ground has so much detail, little pebbles and stuff.

only weird thing is , if quality mode is enabled here , it doesn’t run 60 frames , I am on a preview dashboard so that might come into play here .
The environments, especially the road surfaces and weather, are the visual highlights of the game.

This is going to be another racer that doesn’t get the love it deserves.

Can anyone tell me if you need to be online to unlock anything or progress? I put up with it on onrush because it was console exclusive.

if it’s here again I’ll just skip

Last edited:

Bubba77

i really like this game but I cant even come close in those sprint(the little cars with huge wing) races and the Ice races really give me trouble. Everything else I dominate...

amc

The Sprint races need to be patched or kicked the fuck to the moon. Horrible, don't care if they were going for realism they fucking suck.

No replay and a ton of bugs and performance issues. Codemasters fucked the landing, as can be seen in online multiplayer. Big companies have a massive job patching post launch content and winning back hearts and minds, Codemasters haven't got a chance in hell at doing so.

Should have just released the game when it was done.

freefornow

Gold Member
The Sprint races need to be patched or kicked the fuck to the moon. Horrible, don't care if they were going for realism they fucking suck.

No replay and a ton of bugs and performance issues. Codemasters fucked the landing, as can be seen in online multiplayer. Big companies have a massive job patching post launch content and winning back hearts and minds, Codemasters haven't got a chance in hell at doing so.

Should have just released the game when it was done.
Yeah, Sprint is just terrible.
The lack of updates/patches make me wonder if the sale to Take 2 is putting a spanner in the works.

After playing this since the launch of XSX, my main thoughts about the game are "how the mighty have fallen".

OutRun88

i really like this game but I cant even come close in those sprint(the little cars with huge wing) races and the Ice races really give me trouble. Everything else I dominate...
Ya, the sprint cars are stupid hard to drive and are probably my only dislike in the game.

The ice races can be challenging, but once you find a car in each group that clicks with you, they become manageable.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Im tempted to get this. Always liked Colin Mcrea but I barely played Dirt 4 and Rally 1+2. I just want a 'next-gen'game for Series X lol.

Fox Mulder

Yeah, Sprint is just terrible.
The lack of updates/patches make me wonder if the sale to Take 2 is putting a spanner in the works.

After playing this since the launch of XSX, my main thoughts about the game are "how the mighty have fallen".

Codemasters is just slow. It took them like 3 months to put out a simple team performance update patch for f1 2020.

polka22

Is anyone else having the game on the PS5 crash as soon as you hit X. Have not been able to play the game yet

Delt31

I also struggle with sprint and the ice drift ones. Sprint especially seems broken. I LOVE the rest of it.

OutRun88

I hope they release more Rally Raid tracks. That’s probably my favorite race type, especially in the Ultra Lite group.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Just played Motorstorm (first one) for about an hour and a half. Just a whole other level over Dirt 5. The physics, the AI, the crashes, the track design, the handling, the intensity of the gameplay. Just so good.

I wish Codemasters had let ex-Evo make a true spiritual successor to Motorstorm.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Just played Motorstorm (first one) for about an hour and a half. Just a whole other level over Dirt 5. The physics, the AI, the crashes, the track design, the handling, the intensity of the gameplay. Just so good.

I wish Codemasters had let ex-Evo make a true spiritual successor to Motorstorm.

And the first Motorstorm is not even close to Pacific Rift which is one of the best arcade racing games ever.

How is this game as a showcase for next-gen?

Horrible. I like the game dont get me wrong, but fucks sake it looks terrible. Shitty ground textures, pop in like crazy, it seems like the LOD change is constantly like 10' in front of you. The textures on the cars look basic.

Get the game cause you want a rad arcade rally racer. Whatever you do dont get it for the graphics cause wew lad, they arent good.

Edit: I'm on PS5

Last edited:

Roufianos

Horrible. I like the game dont get me wrong, but fucks sake it looks terrible. Shitty ground textures, pop in like crazy, it seems like the LOD change is constantly like 10' in front of you. The textures on the cars look basic.

Get the game cause you want a rad arcade rally racer. Whatever you do dont get it for the graphics cause wew lad, they arent good.

Ah really, that's a bummer. Thanks buddy.

Delt31

sorrybut I feel totally different. The game looks and plays great

Are you on PS5?

Yeah I'm curious, cause ps5 looks like this...

fOPtTML.jpg

And I'm sorry, but this looks brutal. The car is almost floating above the terrain. The ground texture is straight outta ps3. The cars don't even leave skidmarks on the road ffs. Now, there is the rare moment when everything comes together and it can look kinda decent, stuff like the weather transitions are neat.

But overall you're going to get a very bland looking game, with nonsense like no working mirrors or other shit along those lines.

freefornow

Gold Member

fOPtTML.jpg

And I'm sorry, but this looks brutal. The car is almost floating above the terrain. The ground texture is straight outta ps3. The cars don't even leave skidmarks on the road ffs. Now, there is the rare moment when everything comes together and it can look kinda decent, stuff like the weather transitions are neat.

But overall you're going to get a very bland looking game, with nonsense like no working mirrors or other shit along those lines.
That ground texture!!
Someone tweet DF. Need a XSX/PS5 comparison analysis stat!

OutRun88

fOPtTML.jpg

Personally I think the game looks far bettern motion than in stills. Like...night and day better (unless you take the time in the photo editor).

I’m tempted to get it on PS5 just to see how it compares to 4K max settings on PC.

You can definitely tell it was developed with the previous generation in mind, instead of just being a straight up next gen racer.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Kind of curious, does this use the Xbox rumble triggers? One of my favorite parts of Forza Horizon, are the dirt tracks combined with all the crazy (and useful! It lets you know what’s going on with the car) rumbling, feeling kind of like a miniature arcade machine in your hands.

OutRun88

Kind of curious, does this use the Xbox rumble triggers? One of my favorite parts of Forza Horizon, are the dirt tracks combined with all the crazy (and useful! It lets you know what’s going on with the car) rumbling, feeling kind of like a miniature arcade machine in your hands.
Same goes for me, but about the PS5 DualSense. Is it implemented well?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

OutRun88

It’s cool to hear that they think they can do better with the PS5 haptics, despite not necessarily receiving negative feedback about it.

TwiztidElf

Uh-oh.
On PS5 with PS5 version.
I had the game crash on me last night after a career event. It crashed to the dashboard. When I went back in, the save had rolled back to very early in the career. I think I was about half way through career, so I lost half of my career progress.
The game is mad fun, and relatively short, so I had no problem starting again, but if this had have been a 100 hour RPG epic...Ugh.
At least give me a manual save option if saving is buggy or has any potential to crash.
Hopefully an isolated incident.

Last edited:
So what's up with the cars you can purchase in the game? I'm like 12 races in and I own the top cars in most of the classes. Do more become available? What do I do with all the money I'm earning now?

OutRun88

So what's up with the cars you can purchase in the game? I'm like 12 races in and I own the top cars in most of the classes. Do more become available? What do I do with all the money I'm earning now?
Nope, they are all accessible to purchase from the get go. I enjoy driving some of the lower tier cars, and I think the game gives the ai similar ranked ones from the same class.

All that money can go to unlocking the sweet badge stuff.....

oxman2k

i have the xsx + ps5 got this on the ps5,but haven't opened it yet.got a feeling the xsx version is going to win the df faceoff today with a more stable frame rate at 60fps and less tearing.hope i'm wrong would rather have them the same or a better ps5 version for the haptic feedback.

Shmunter

i have the xsx + ps5 got this on the ps5,but haven't opened it yet.got a feeling the xsx version is going to win the df faceoff today with a more stable frame rate at 60fps and less tearing.hope i'm wrong would rather have them the same or a better ps5 version for the haptic feedback.
In what multiverse odds is the XsX winning on a tearing comp?

I've been loving the game so far (minus the Pathfinder / Sprint events) :) A lot of DriveClub DNA in the look and feel, especially in the race I had last night. Did the race w/o the HUD and I thought it looked amazing on my TV. This is only a 1080p (60fps) upload from Share Factory, but it's from PS5 using 'Image Quality' mode.

OutRun88

I've been loving the game so far (minus the Pathfinder / Sprint events) :) A lot of DriveClub DNA in the look and feel, especially in the race I had last night. Did the race w/o the HUD and I thought it looked amazing on my TV. This is only a 1080p (60fps) upload from Share Factory, but it's from PS5 using 'Image Quality' mode.

This is excellent footage thanks for sharing. What vehicle setting were you using?

Nakasan

Still waiting for my PS5 "launch day" copy to arrive through the post 😭

I still cannot wait to get my hands on this tho. But those saying it's not a next gen showcase - not even the 120fps mode?

Fortunately I'm just after a fun arcade racer so there's no pressure on it blowing my graphical expectations of the water.

sinnergy

Remember when GAF told us the game looked and played like shit 🤣 it’s my most played game at the moment .

OutRun88

Still waiting for my PS5 "launch day" copy to arrive through the post 😭

I still cannot wait to get my hands on this tho. But those saying it's not a next gen showcase - not even the 120fps mode?

Fortunately I'm just after a fun arcade racer so there's no pressure on it blowing my graphical expectations of the water.
I think you’ll be happier than you expect to be with the visuals.

Riky

$MSFT
In what multiverse odds is the XsX winning on a tearing comp?

Xbox patch just before launch was 6gb and turned on Vsync on all four Xbox versions. I haven't seen any tearing since.
I think playstation got the Vsync patch the other day as well.

This is excellent footage thanks for sharing. What vehicle setting were you using?
Thanks! Very welcome. It’s a career mode race using the Lancia Evo (80’s Rally Class). The race is this one is the Tier 3 Velocity events. Ultra Cross, Linziazha Hills Reverse, China.

Anyone on PS5 getting "Reset to Track" when you are clearly on it? Even the AI are disappearing mid-Race and reappearing behind me. Only happened on Stampede in the US (can't remember, Sorry, but the desert/Canyon track) but happened 2 out of 2 on exactly the same point

Top Bottom