• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 5, Killer Queen Black, Wreckfest, More Coming to GamePass

Ribi

Wreckfest is fucking awesome. Devs teased a 60fps update to next gen down the road and bugbear was mentioned as a developer for series X in microsofts may 2020 stream

So glad I stopped myself multiple times from buying Dirt 5, now I'll be able to actually play it before deciding if I wanna drop money on it.

Mohonky

Wreckfest is great. Loved the old FlatOut series.

Dirt 5 on the other hand is a total shitfest. Man what did Dirt turn into......how they came to turn Colin McRae Rally into the Dirt numbered series I'll never know. Actually maybe I do, when McRae passed away so they started looking to youtube stars for inspiration.

Hopefully they do another Dirt Rally.

xrnzaaas

Wreckfest is great. Loved the old FlatOut series.

Dirt 5 on the other hand is a total shitfest. Man what did Dirt turn into......how they came to turn Colin McRae Rally into the Dirt numbered series I'll never know. Actually maybe I do, when McRae passed away so they started looking to youtube stars for inspiration.

Hopefully they do another Dirt Rally.
We'll be probably get a Dirt Rally lite when Codemasters will start releasing their WRC games.

GHG

We'll be probably get a Dirt Rally lite when Codemasters will start releasing their WRC games.

I'm actually dreading codemasters having the wrc licence now that they are under EA. I doubt we will see anything as good as the dirt rally games.

xrnzaaas

I'm actually dreading codemasters having the wrc licence now that they are under EA. I doubt we will see anything as good as the dirt rally games.
Well there's definitely going to be more microtransactions and FUT-like modes. But that shouldn't be a big surprise for the fans of Codemasters products as they were steadily increasing the number of microtransactions in their new games anyway.

Last edited:
Wreckfest is good fun, reminds me of a modern Flatout (only ever played the original) except you can do destruction derbies on lawnmowers too.

Dirt 5 is disappointing considering all the talk on here regarding the game a few months back. Sorta feels like a less interesting Onrush :messenger_neutral:

Not tried Superhot or Cricket19 yet, may at least try the cricket seen as it's been a while since I played Brian Lara

danowat

Banned
Downloaded Dirt 5, mainly because it's an X/S game, well that was a waste of 50GB, I couldn't find one redeeming feature, didn't even look that great in 4K 60fps, at least it didn't cost me anything.

MDSLKTR

I'm happy to see the love for the vastly superior racing game released last month. Beats that ps+ title at its own game too.

hollams

Gold Member
Dirt 5 is so disappointing. It took a month after release to add wheel support and it's awful. No FFB at all, it's like driving a kiddie car. They also don't support telemetry which is needed for motion support. All the previous Dirt games had this and great FFB so I'm not sure what has happened to them.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Downloaded Dirt 5, mainly because it's an X/S game, well that was a waste of 50GB, I couldn't find one redeeming feature, didn't even look that great in 4K 60fps, at least it didn't cost me anything.
Glad it wasn’t just me.

So glad I stopped myself multiple times from buying Dirt 5, now I'll be able to actually play it before deciding if I wanna drop money on it.
Why would you drop money on if its free to play for the time being? Just play it, get all achieves and call it a done deal and save money lol.

Stuart360

I swear i must be the only person on this forum that likes Dirt 5.
The game is fun, and a nice comeback after the sterile Dirt 4.

Never even heard of Killer Queen Black. Looked at some screenshots and uuuuuhh... People are posting that it's good, tho, so looks can be deceiving, I guess?

Last edited:

Stuart360

Superhot: Mind Control, and Cricket 2019 also launched at the same time on Gamepass PC, i guess those are just on PC though.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
loaded up Dirt 5 the other day, I thought it would be a few games and delete. the game is awesome, the closest I have felt to playing Sega Rally for years, really fun game and looks great to. I didn't think it looked good from any of the vids or screenshots I seen but the game looks way better than I thought.

I would never of given this a try unless gamepass was about , awesome

Roufianos

I haven't got much experience with modern racers but Dirt 5 genuinely felt like a AA game compared to Forza Horizon 4.

Plantoid

This is why gamepass is great, you can try games you would never buy, and sometimes, you may find a really good one

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Madden 21 was added to EA Access and thus Gamepass as well. The Series X version is good, actually. Try it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I think Dirt 5 is fine but I guess I also am not sure what people expected. When the series first hit on 360 it was very unique and looked stunning in its day but the series hasnt really evolved so my expectations were probably a lot lower.

I will say this game can look absolutely stunning in resolution mode at times on XSX. Whenever its not just sunny day and theres any type of weather or night time racing the effects drastically change the look of the game. Any other time it looks just like a racing game.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
The handling just feels bad, I know it's an arcade racer, but Horizon has shown that arcade doesn't have to mean shallow, there is just no nuance to the handling, no suspension feel, no weight transfer, cars feel glued to the tracks, which are another issue, god they are boring.
It just feels like its a game from 10 years ago.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I enjoy it, though WF is kind of stealing me away.

jYh6zpe.gif

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Played a little Dirt 5 and had a good time. I love driving through the mud. Kind of odd they didn't have a VR mode that would be cool if they added it at some point.

Seems to be plenty of positive feedback on Wreckfest so I'm installing it and I'll check it out later. I smash into everything anyway so it should be right up my alley.

jaysius

Banned
Dirt 5 is fun dumb racing game, the racing is actually more fun than Horizon 3 and 4. Horzion tracks are too crippled from it's ugly old engine and it stifles the developers creativity. In Dirt 5 when the time of day changes or the weather changes mid race is a nice touch. Also at least in Dirt 5 all the vehicles don't handle exactly the same like in Horizon games.

Top Bottom