• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 5 devs: Next gen GPU differences don't impact development, but have efficiencies when optimising and tuning

Hate to be the bad guy here, but isn't claiming to have NDA, sending pictures, etc, probably not the best idea? Not only that but to try and use that as leverage to console war and push infinity fabric possibly being in ps5, but not XSX is quite hilarious, especially as you haven't worked on either hardware or software.

I called you out in the other thread for making fraudulent comparisons geordiemp geordiemp when it comes to power draw, as I have a good bit more knowledge in that area. Completely killed your bs argument, and you wouldn't even respond back to me. Sad Face.

And now you have been pushing a single screenshot of Sekiro on XSX as the average framerate.... Come on man, some people are oblivious to these things, and may actually believe your fallacies, but come on bro, at least be genuine and unbiased. Many of us will point it out, and you run away and avoid responding to things. You can DM or respond on here or even catch me outside in meta.

Again I game on PC exclusively, so no place in this war, but you constantly push this agenda that is crystal clear.

geordiemp

Hate to be the bad guy here, but isn't claiming to have NDA, sending pictures, etc, probably not the best idea? Not only that but to try and use that as leverage to console war and push infinity fabric possibly being in ps5, but not XSX is quite hilarious, especially as you haven't worked on either hardware or software.

I called you out in the other thread for making fraudulent comparisons geordiemp geordiemp when it comes to power draw, as I have a good bit more knowledge in that area. Completely killed your bs argument, and you wouldn't even respond back to me. Sad Face.

And now you have been pushing a single screenshot of Sekiro on XSX as the average framerate.... Come on man, some people are oblivious to these things, and may actually believe your fallacies, but come on bro, at least be genuine and unbiased. Many of us will point it out, and you run away and avoid responding to things. You can DM or respond on here or even catch me outside in meta.

Again I game on PC exclusively, so no place in this war, but you constantly push this agenda that is crystal clear.

Grow up, this is a gaming forum full of posters having fights, like you are now. It can be fun.

However, there is a real life outside where people have careers and do stuff, you dont mix the 2.

Last edited:

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.

The thing that gets me is how he(she?) Just starts name calling when called out on their bullshit.

bitbydeath

This single post has convinced me and all of NeoGaf.

Pack up non PlayStation fans. There is nothing left for us.

I don’t get what the big deal is about ‘power’. Nobody buys consoles for third party titles, it’s the exclusives that make the purchase. Who cares if XSX is weaker. It doesn’t matter and it really shouldn’t bother you.

longdi

Banned
That was entertaining I will give you that 😂. I loved how being a year later and targeting a $100 higher price point is a matter of being skeptic or not (not a factual statement with reasonable implications :rolleyes: ... as if Architecture weren’t about considering time to market and profitability at a fixed price point just as important to optimise for as performance 🤷‍♂️).

Still, fan fiction pitting a software engineer with decades of low level development experience, understanding of HW architecture, game design, and business operations vs a Project Manager with business credentials as if they were at the same level. Cerny vs Goossen maybe would be better (although Cerny lead other architects too, so not like for like exactly).

You are right. It should be Goossen Ronald vs Mark Cerny then!

Goossen dont seem as fun as beard guy. :messenger_open_mouth:

Grow up, this is a gaming forum full of posters having fights, like you are now. It can be fun.

However, there is a real life outside where people have careers and do stuff, you dont mix the 2.
Fun is awesome and all, but is it fun to shamelessly troll all day long? You wouldn't respond back in the power draw thread, but kept pushing XSX uses 30 watts, and ps5 0.5! Omg lol, gotta post another Gretta gif! Grow up man.

Let's just be sure to not throw FUD out there. Its not healthy for the forum, especially when you try to "abort mission" every time you are called out. Not a good look. But hey, I'm completely open for a civil discussion. No name calling, no running away. If you want to double down on the power draw comparisons, or the Sekiro average framerates, dirt 5 comparison, etc, go ahead. That's all I have to say for now before this gets off topic. Feel free to pm me, @me in an appropriate thread, etc. Otherwise, I'll call you out every time I see it from now on if you keep up that dishonesty. That's what causes console warring to begin with. Peace ✌

Last edited:

geordiemp

Fun is awesome and all, but is it fun to shamelessly troll all day long? You wouldn't respond back in the power draw thread, but kept pushing XSX uses 30 watts, and ps5 0.5! Omg lol, gotta post another Gretta gif! Grow up man.

Let's just be sure to not throw FUD out there. Its not healthy for the forum, especially when you try to "abort mission" every time you are called out. Not a good look. But hey, I'm completely open for a civil discussion. No name calling, no running away. If you want to double down on the power draw comparisons, or the Sekiro average framerates, dirt 5 comparison, etc, go ahead. That's all I have to say for now before this gets off topic. Feel free to pm me, @me in an appropriate thread, etc. Otherwise, I'll call you out every time I see it from now on if you keep up that dishonesty. That's what causes console warring to begin with. Peace ✌

Dishonesty ? The power draw was from the DF video, I just commented on it. I did not make it up, if DF got it wrong, thats on them.

Sekiro, Do you want me to post 20 different screen shots, all combat was below 60 fps, all of it.

You seem to want to bait and target me personally, I dont give a shit. Ignored.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's on bae!
Oh you went from parity to a huge gap? Seems like someone getting soft down there :messenger_sunglasses:

Anyway, my predictions over the gen, Series X will get up to 35% advantage over PS5, not sure if that's huge for you. But that's my score card down.

xsxps5fud.jpg

So 12.15 - 4.25 = 7.9TF? Or let's say 8TF?

Dishonesty ? The power draw was from the DF video, I just commented on it. I did not make it up, if DF got it wrong, thats on them.

Sekiro, Do you want me to post 20 different screen shots, all combat was below 60 fps, all of it.

You seem to want to bait and target me personally, I dont give a shit. Ignored.
You peddled power draw as both consoles being in the same power state. An equal 30watts to 0.5watts. You know what you were doing, as you kept peddling the same thing after I called you out multiple times for doing it. You even replied to me, but kept doing it afterwards. What'd you do, put my posts on ignore then, and miraculously unignore me right on time, just to respond now?

So the average framerate is, *inserts your screenshot you keep peddling*. 😂 Gretta gif.

If you feel that you are correct, reply back in any of those threads, and we can discuss it there. I'm not running away, just telling you where to continue discussion if you would like.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Teraflops not a good comparison.
(52-36)CU/52CU = 35% (less), this is what he meant I guess.
This makes sense because 20CU with just 4 TF manages half of Series X's res.

He has agreed on 8TF, quite an upgrade over 9TF FUD if you ask me.

Are people this dumb and cheap to resort to this BS?

EDIT: WTF did you just write?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I work in semiconductor, I am not claiming to be an game insider lol, sent pic of me working in fab in Asia.
So you k ow nothing, but want to be an expert here?

These admissions are piling up.

I hope the 28th works out for you, otherwise you are the worst fudder on this forum and the first one to cry foul.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
You peddled power draw as both consoles being in the same power state. An equal 30watts to 0.5watts. You know what you were doing, as you kept peddling the same thing after I called you out multiple times for doing it. You even replied to me, but kept doing it afterwards. What'd you do, put my posts on ignore then, and miraculously unignore me right on time, just to respond now?

So the average framerate is, *inserts your screenshot you keep peddling*. 😂 Gretta gif.

If you feel that you are correct, reply back in any of those threads, and we can discuss it there. I'm not running away, just telling you where to continue discussion if you would like.

Don't bother mate, just another Sony warrior regularly seen hurling insults left, right and centre then screeching about 'ad hominem'.

When it's pathetic attempts at arguing get shat on from great height the only thing this bot can do is ignore and report.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Don't bother mate, just another Sony warrior regularly seen hurling insults left, right and centre then screeching about 'ad hominem'.

When it's pathetic attempts at arguing get shat on from great height the only thing this bot can do is ignore and report.

Saying this about him “He regularly just hurls insults left and right”... juxtaposed with also saying this about him too “this pathetic bot who screeches out for help and gets shat on from great heights”... only one seeing the irony here?

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Try not twisting my quotes next time yea?

Oh come on, so I took it all out of context huh? Yes, you were clever and wrote it differently, but it is just how it reads unpacked... let’s be honest here. Do you disagree with saying that it still is how you feel about it? Do we want to play semantics and say that somehow these statements are so much different now? You called someone out for being according to you impolite, rude, and aggressive and to me you wrote on the level you are arguing against.

You essentially branded him a pathetic bot that gets his argument shat upon (oh no “a warrior that screeches out ‘ad hominem’ + being a bot that gets his pathetic arguments shat upon is so much different”).

You can disagree and call him out if you think you should... this is NOT a safe space new age peace and love thread, but do not piss on people and tell them it is raining, won’t you?

Last edited:

geordiemp

So you k ow nothing, but want to be an expert here?

These admissions are piling up.

I hope the 28th works out for you, otherwise you are the worst fudder on this forum and the first one to cry foul.

Keep with the personal attacks, just shows your maturity.

I did an GAF thread on how Infinity cache could equally apply to both consoles. But whatever.

You bring no discission to the table other than fighting, so I can safely ignore you and nothing will be lost.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
After your display of bullshit in the XVA thread, it's hardly surprising you're in here running defence for a fellow warrior.

I am not running in anyone’s defence, but dodge the point and move on the attack.

I asked you a simple question and you moved on an unrelated topic to make unsupported aggressive statements and attack... feel free to drag this supposed slight at XVA around. Fill your boots...

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Keep with the personal attacks, just shows your maturity.

I did an GAF thread on how Infinity cache could equally apply to both consoles. But whatever.

You bring no discission to the table other than fighting, so I can safely ignore you and nothing will be lost.
It’s not personal at all.

You wanted to lay your stake on the line and the time has come.

Im sure you can feel the walls shrinking in, the rest of us don’t really give a fuck at all.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It’s not personal at all.

You wanted to lay your stake on the line and the time has come.

Im sure you can feel the walls shrinking in, the rest of us don’t really give a fuck at all.

There would be better ways to show you do not give a fuck than calling him out and then keeping on trying to push his buttons, but you do you... obviously this shows “not caring”.

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I am not running in anyone’s defence, but dodge the point and move on the attack.

I asked you a simple question and you moved on an unrelated topic to make unsupported aggressive statements and attack... feel free to drag this supposed slight at XVA around. Fill your boots...

Let me know when you're ready to actually read my post instead of injecting your own bullshit into it in order to rush to the defence of your fellow bullshitter.

Aladin

I mean every appliance nowadays has a semiconductor chip. If geordiemp geordiemp 's employer is related to anything close to modern graphics engine semiconductor, he should get verified.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Let me know when you're ready to actually read my post instead of injecting your own bullshit into it in order to rush to the defence of your fellow bullshitter.

I read your post, you made a statement and then refused to stand by it. I do not feel like you ought to, in a way, shout “you are rude, people should not be rude on forums, you f’ing dipshit!” and then act shocked 😳 when people say that it is a strange way to criticise someone for being rude indeed (maybe just as rude as the behaviour being called out).

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I read your post, you made a statement and then refused to stand by it. I do not feel like you ought to, in a way, shout “you are rude, people should not be rude on forums, you f’ing dipshit!” and then when people say that it is a strange way to criticise someone for being rude (maybe just as rude as the behaviour being called out).
So you have no intention of reading my post directly and instead decide to construct fanciful paraphrases to in a pathetic attempt to twist my original comment.

We're done here.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So you have no intention of reading my post directly and instead decide to construct fanciful paraphrases to in a pathetic attempt to twist my original comment.

We're done here.

I read your post, I am not twisting anything. I also asked you to comment on what you think of the supposedly “twisted” (I call unwrapped) statements. Do you you disagree with them? Do you disagree with me saying that calling someone rude in a rude way is ironic? I suspect not and you moving on to dodge the points and attack seems to support that.

Last edited:
I read your post, you made a statement and then refused to stand by it. I do not feel like you ought to, in a way, shout “you are rude, people should not be rude on forums, you f’ing dipshit!” and then act shocked 😳 when people say that it is a strange way to criticise someone for being rude indeed (maybe just as rude as the behaviour being called out).

Good point. Odd behavior... not the first time either.

FranXico

Just to set the record straight G GAF. I'm not trying to start a witch hunt or any of that shit. Let's keep it civilized. I respect geordiemp geordiemp and value his effort in his threads. I won't take away from that, I just don't like some of the blatant biased behavior. That's all. Now let's get back on topic.
Exactly how I feel about VFXVeteran VFXVeteran contributions as well. He is very knowledgable and capable of very insightful and educational posts, even. But taking sides in console warring and raging about "the Sony fans" so often reflects poorly on him, which is a shame.
To geordiemp geordiemp 's credit, he did make a nice post about AMD GPUs caching, and how it could benefit both the PS5 and XSX. He knows how to be neutral, I'll give him that.

Last edited:
Teraflops not a good comparison.
(52-36)CU/52CU = 35% (less), this is what he meant I guess.
This makes sense because 20CU with just 4 TF manages half of Series X's res.
Or (52-36)/36 = 45% (more)

Next calculate how many more next gen console exclusives* PS5 have compared to xbox.

*Released only for PS5 or xsex/xses

Top Bottom