• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 5 devs: Next gen GPU differences don't impact development, but have efficiencies when optimising and tuning

Vognerful

He explains that the back compat running of the RDNA2 must be struggling, but that logic is funny as RDNA 5700 has no problems with same DX code. 5700is also RDNA at full 4K :

What MS said is its BC mode does not take full advagtage of RDNA2 features (which means VRS or Ray tracing) - some are thinking DX12 RDNA1 to RDNA2 is another strange language or some emulation difference both uding DX12. Its hilarious.

Anyway, when ps5 tears through Sekiro at 60 FPS, what will be the narrative then ? Covid ?

It is amusing

I think you are being dishonest here. your hole argument was "Rx 5700 vs XSX" while your videos are about Rx 5700XT.

Second, the video you showed has a system that has its CPU boosted to 4.1 Ghz. Even DF spoke about the game as heavy on SPU and GPU.

look, I know how you comment here. You like to pretend that "let's wait and see what RDNA2 will have, and let's see what those good consoles will give us". then you immediately not miss a chance to shit on xbox. I know that your kid is probably my age so it is not good to shit argue with you but it leaves a bad taste on most of us here.

as for your question, I will use what you have been claiming for the last several weeks: GDK being late 🤭

Point is these are all rumors. Of course the fanboy will only post the one that makes his console superior and boast like its a trophy.

The Battlefield V one isn't a rumor though if the PS5 runs the game in PS4 mode. If the PS5 version gets a resolution patch and/or uses boost mode you can expect better results.

With Yakuza I believe they already confirmed the different modes for the XSX and the XSS. The only thing that wasn't officially confirmned is the PS5s 4K 60FPs mode. Now that's the rumor.

Edit:

One thing I've noticed is why do people post images of tweets instead of the tweet itself?

While Battlefield 5 won’t get a special update for the Xbox Series X or PS5, it already runs at a dynamic resolution on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. As a result, the improved hardware performance for the Xbox Series X and PS5 will make it possible for the game to run at its peak resolution that was specified for the game on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

I mean reading through the article tells you this.

Last edited:

duhmetree

XBSX is like a Dodge Hellcat.
PS5 is like a Porsche Turbo.

Both are fast. One is more powerful. One is more refined.

It also depends on the 'drivers'. Sony has MUCH BETTER drivers and its not even close. 3rd party games will be nearly identical

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I'm sure DF said they thought Sekiro PS4 Pro was reconstructed 1800p anyway. Whatever though the PC version is optimised for the PC, the XIX version was optimised for that console not Series X. Does anyone really think for a second that a patch couldn't easily bring the game up to a locked 60fps and probably 4k too.

It's just a stupid desperate example to cling on to.

Magik85

Yeah Dirt 5 hardly look any better than CMR Dirt Rally 2 from PS3/X360 (2009) so it really looks like any hardware doesnt make any difference for them xD

II_JumPeR_I

This is exactly why I just lurk around here and barely post cause there is no having a decent conversation with Xbox fans even when straight facts are thrown at them they still don't listen but will soak up every Microsoft lie they spit out smh.
Wat?
This george guy is just doing console warrior shit at this point.
Playstation fans in this thread arent any better with this secret sauce bs.

And why is MS lying? They should fucking know how their own BC solutions work...

geordiemp

Wat?
This george guy is just doing console warrior shit at this point.
Playstation fans in this thread arent any better with this secret sauce bs.

And why is MS lying? They should fucking know how their own BC solutions work...

This whole thread was a dev saying one console took a little more optimisation and tweeking.

He did not say which one or why /

Then the TF posters came in proclaiming it was the Ps5 that must have needed attention, without any proof.

And then we got 12 vs 10 TF is all that matters from the usual TF engineers, so we showed 12 XSX TF vs 5700 9.75 TF and here we are.

I need a kebab. See ya next time,

Remember, there is Yakuza like a dragon and other 3rd party games....the story goes on.. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Concern

I don't even know who or what post it was lol. But thank you for the Gold gift.

Still funny how these devs were just attacked for the their gameplay yet once they said this about the differences. Fanboys came out the woodwork to praise them as if its gospel now.

He was a marketing guy. Didn't really work on the hardware. And it shows from his ignorant Twitter posts.
He was was tasked with overseeing all hardware, accessories, and experiences planning for Xbox and MS Interactive Entertainment Division.

Marketing head was always Aaron

Last edited:
I don't even know who or what post it was lol. But thank you for the Gold gift.

Still funny how these devs were just attacked for the their gameplay yet once they said this about the differences. Fanboys came out the woodwork to praise them as if its gospel now.

I mean they are a multiplatform developer and they do have access to both dev kits. With that said it doesn't change that I still think their game looks poor. I also think games like Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Call of Duty don't look the best as well even though they have access to both kits.

Handy Fake

I mean they are a multiplatform developer and they do have access to both dev kits. With that said it doesn't change that I still think their game looks poor. I also think games like Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Call of Duty don't look the best as well even though they have access to both kits.
I wouldn't bother giving this one the time of day, to be honest.

Concern

It doesn't change that they've been bashed all over the forums since their gameplay was unveiled on XSX. It wouldn't be bashed if it was on Ps5. Regardless, its only one dev and one that the same people who are praising them now, were the ones bashing them.

Kinda like df. They're "shills" "paid by ms" etc etc up until they say something positive about the PS5.

geordiemp

RDNA2 CUs have 62% more transistors according to Cerny, the boost in size is because of the added features that are not utilized when running in compatibility mode, so it’s not that the CUs shrunk, but rather a large portion of the CUs are not being utilized.

One doesn’t just pop an Xbox or PS game in a PC and it simply works, it needs to be optimized using an API, a process that didn’t occur for the Xbox in BC which is simply running in compatibility mode.

We are getting there, so if you look at Hotchips the architecture of XSX dual CU is roughly the same as 5700 except for the added Ray tracing. Both are bigger than GCN with its different wavefronts to GCN. Its likely ps5 CU will be the same with some slight changes but all will look same in a block diagram.

The 62% % was ps5 CU vs ps4 GCN CU.

CU and most automatic operation will not be enabled by game code, it will be DX api driven.

However DX api worked fine for 5700 And that was RDNA but that is another story.

I agree there maybe CPU limitations for some games, but not at 50 FPS and zen2..unless the game is running really poorly optimised for all hardware and using not many CPU cores.

Last edited:
It doesn't change that they've been bashed all over the forums since their gameplay was unveiled on XSX. It wouldn't be bashed if it was on Ps5. Regardless, its only one dev and one that the same people who are praising them now, were the ones bashing them.

Kinda like df. They're "shills" "paid by ms" etc etc up until they say something positive about the PS5.

Honestly the game would look bad even on the PS5 in my opinion. It's not like we are talking about GT/Forza level of quality here.

So while I do appreciate their input on both systems I still don't think the game looks good in my opinion. See it's possible to do both.

Last edited:

Stuart360

The Battlefield V one isn't a rumor though if the PS5 runs the game in PS4 mode. If the PS5 version gets a resolution patch and/or uses boost mode you can expect better results.

With Yakuza I believe they already confirmed the different modes for the XSX and the XSS. The only thing that wasn't officially confirmned is the PS5s 4K 60FPs mode. Now that's the rumor.

Edit:

One thing I've noticed is why do people post images of tweets instead of the tweet itself?

I mean reading through the article tells you this.

Yeah dont trust these clickbait tweets until you get confirmation from DF and NXLamer. Too many people wanting clicks by taking advantage of the fever pitch level warriors are currently at (as the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread show brilliantly).

Last edited:

Md Ray

He was was tasked with overseeing all hardware, accessories, and experiences planning for Xbox and MS Interactive Entertainment Division.

Marketing head was always Aaron
Albert Panello was a marketing lead. He isn't a technical guy nor did he have a hand in designing the actual hardware itself like the system architect Andrew Goossen for e.g.

Concern

Honestly the game would look bad even on the PS5 in my opinion. It's not like we are talking about GT/Forza level of quality here.

So while I do appreciate their input on both systems I still don't think the game looks good in my opinion.

It would but it wouldn't be as adamantly pointed out if it was Ps5 gameplay. Just like people have downplayed RE8 looking pretty bad in the Ps5 shows and the pop in on the gt trailer.

Its only got the hate it has because its xsx gameplay.

Yeah dont trust these clickbait tweets until you get confirmation from DF and NXLamer. Too many people wanting clicks by taking advantage of the fever pitch level warriors are currently at (as the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread show brilliantly).

Or I would go with official confirmation from the developers themselves. If a patch isn't coming it's pretty obvious that the consoles will run the game in BC mode.
It would but it wouldn't be as adamantly pointed out if it was Ps5 gameplay. Just like people have downplayed RE8 looking pretty bad in the Ps5 shows and the pop in on the gt trailer.

Its only got the hate it has because its xsx gameplay.

Honestly that didn't stop people from trashing Bugsnax. When a game looks bad people will say it regardless of platform. Plus Dirt 5 has GT to be compared with so it would have been trashed regardless of platform.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:
Because i ferel they are, simple. Its only crying fanboys that think otherwise.
Fanboy is exactly what you post like on here, especially with posts like this. if I had to guess you don't have any substantial backing for any of the things you say on here. You tell us you see through NX gamers crap but I doubt you can elaborate on what that means to the rest of us or what it is we're missing. While the rest of us actually try and build arguments to support the things we say you're just going to say anyone who disagrees is a fanboy, which is ironically the exact sort of logic a fanboy would have

Stuart360

Fanboy is exactly what you post like on here, especially with posts like this. if I had to guess you don't have any substantial backing for any of the things you say on here. You tell us you see through NX gamers crap but I doubt you can elaborate on what that means to the rest of us or what it is we're missing. While the rest of us actually try and build arguments to support the things we say you're just going to say anyone who disagrees is a fanboy, which is ironically the exact sort of logic a fanboy would have
No, i just really dont care that much. I enjoy DF content, especially DFRetro. You can enjoy NXGamer, its all cool.

BigLee74

Are you passing around a screenshot of a frame rate dip and peddling it as if it's the same as "average fps" in order to console war?

Pretty sure people have been banned for that.

He's posted that screenshot in numerous threads over the past few weeks. It's all a bit desperate. Nice to see folk calling it out.

I guess we will soon find out what the PS5 can do with unpatched PS4 games.

Last edited:
So why do you dislike NXGamer NXGamer so much?

It doesn't have to do with the PlayStation fanbase liking him right?
You don't remember the movie predator do you they have this thing called heat vision and in utilizing that heat vision he clearly see that when nxgamer talks about anything to do with Sony he gets all hot and bothered. NXGamer NXGamer gets nearly as hot as the sun sometimes. Stuart360 Stuart360 sees through the crap.

You don't remember the movie predator do you they have this thing called heat vision and in utilizing that heat vision he clearly see that when nxgamer talks about anything to do with Sony he gets all hot and bothered. NXGamer NXGamer gets nearly as hot as the sun sometimes. Stuart360 Stuart360 sees through the crap.

I just don't know what crap he's talking about. If someone complains about Alex from Digital Foundry I can understand why. But NXGamer NXGamer ?

I'm not sure what he did to deserve being disliked here.

I just don't know what crap he's talking about. If someone complains about Alex from Digital Foundry I can understand why. But NXGamer NXGamer ?

I'm not sure what he did to deserve being disliked here.
Oh I don't know either and he doesn't seem to be willing to offer up an explanation. NXGamer NXGamer has been pretty willing to debate people here if they have any problems with him and it seems like he handles himself just fine. Like I said earlier I think we're dealing with the sort of poster who doesn't have anything really deep or insightful to say.

Oh I don't know either and he doesn't seem to be willing to offer up an explanation. NXGamer NXGamer has been pretty willing to debate people here if they have any problems with him and it seems like he handles himself just fine. Like I said earlier I think we're dealing with the sort of poster who doesn't have anything really deep or insightful to say.

I've seen NXGamer NXGamer content and while I do agree that he likes to analyze games from playstation I'd there anything wrong with that? He also does a good job with games on other platforms.

He's not like that one guy that faked comparisons between the Xbox One F and the PS4 Pro by comparing direct footage with youtube footage.

NXGamer

a3a0578eee409a989a1d1ca35eee181b.jpg

On a serious note, why call me silly names and then say you see through me, see through what exactly?
I've seen NXGamer NXGamer content and while I do agree that he likes to analyze games from playstation I'd there anything wrong with that? He also does a good job with games on other platforms.

He's not like that one guy that faked comparisons between the Xbox One F and the PS4 Pro by comparing direct footage with youtube footage.
I must say, this example proves a great deal, no issue with what you said at all. But, the thing is I started my channel and have always covered Multi-platform from PC and all consoles.

When the Series X news broke at the Game awards I jumped on a video:

Or Comparisons

Analysis

Even Retro stuff right from the start

The TLDR is I cover everything, evenly, fairly and factual on everything as much as possible. Recall I do this in my part time I am full time in another job and not dedicated to this like DF wo also have a team doing it. I am just the one guy and as such I cannot cover everything as I also have to buy most of my games, stuff etc.

Stop pitting them against us, I get really bored of it.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yes i will admit if so. But we will need to see the 2nd round of games on matured XDK before we give the final verdict.

Im interested in the next gen subplot of Mark Cerny vs Jason Ronald.

The venerable old Cerny, much revered by the fans, the man who speaks from his bathtub, who found success by selecting mid-range parts and blessing them with dev friendly tools.

Against an unknown upstart who burst into the scene with his odd beard. Tbf xbeard had a small victory with his custom One X design, which smashes the loud and over-sized/weaker PS4 Pro. Though skeptics harshly ruled it as being a year later.

Well, fine, we will have no hold bars in 3 weeks time. Head to head, priced to priced. :messenger_bicep:

That was entertaining I will give you that 😂. I loved how being a year later and targeting a $100 higher price point is a matter of being skeptic or not (not a factual statement with reasonable implications :rolleyes: ... as if Architecture weren’t about considering time to market and profitability at a fixed price point just as important to optimise for as performance 🤷‍♂️).

Still, fan fiction pitting a software engineer with decades of low level development experience, understanding of HW architecture, game design, and business operations vs a Project Manager with business credentials as if they were at the same level. Cerny vs Goossen maybe would be better (although Cerny lead other architects too, so not like for like exactly).

Last edited:
Top Bottom