• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry's Best Game Graphics of 2020 - PC, Xbox, PlayStation - An Amazing Year For Visuals

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Sure just not like Crysis 2007.

Well sure; not to the extent of the game that pushed hardware more than any other game before or since lol

But Crysis also always suffers from them coding the game expecting 8GHZ 2 core Pentiums to be the norm a few years later. It's just an odd one to compare anything too.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Games.

You’re really twisting yourself up with your mental athletics.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an amazing looking game. It’s the start of the new generation.

No its not. Its a poorly optimized cross-gen game that leans heavily on the shiny factor of ray-traced lighting that happens to look very nice on high-end PC's right now.

Its not going to be considered such an impressive visual achievement in a couple of years time because by then everyone will be targeting the next console gen as the base performance profile to build out from.

But that's beside the point; My issue isn't with the game itself, its what it says about the criteria being used for judgement. Sorry, but something like Flight Sim is way more deserving because its actually doing something interesting. Cyberpunk to me is a less impressive looking RDR2 that happens to be slathered with a couple of cheap, but ever so shiny (literally), visual gimmicks.

S0ULZB0URNE

Well sure; not to the extent of the game that pushed hardware more than any other game before or since lol

But Crysis also always suffers from them coding the game expecting 8GHZ 2 core Pentiums to be the norm a few years later. It's just an odd one to compare anything too.
Crysis never got updated to take advantage of more than 2 cores.
CP2077 doesn't have this issue.

Anyone building in 2020 should hold off on the GPU part.
Maybe 2022 cards will run the game 60fps with FAKE DLSS 4K,Maxed and get 60fps :D
someones salty. did cyberpunk kill your family? DLSS isn't fake, it's a performance boost, and a damn good one. Lets me play on ultra rtx on with a $350 2060 and still get 45-60 fps with those settings (rtx off getting 90-100fps).

thuGG_pl

"You" care hence the nonstop attempts at deflecting.
Most of that lists games are past 30fps.
We are talking PC..is all of a sudden the superior performance gains of the PC narratives thrown out the window cause PC can't max the game out lol?

They can, the fact that you can't acknowledge DLSS is your problem, you don't need to push it in everyones throat. I'll happily take DLSS free performance boost.

S0ULZB0URNE

They can, the fact that you can't acknowledge DLSS is your problem, you don't need to push it in everyones throat. I'll happily take DLSS free performance boost.
someones salty. did cyberpunk kill your family? DLSS isn't fake, it's a performance boost, and a damn good one. Lets me play on ultra rtx on with a $350 2060 and still get 45-60 fps with those settings (rtx off getting 90-100fps).
I did acknowledge DLSS and showed that with it 60fps still couldn't be achieved maxed settings.

DLSS isn't fake resolutions?

tenor.gif

thuGG_pl

I did acknowledge DLSS and showed that with it 60fps still couldn't be achieved maxed settings.

DLSS isn't fake resolutions?

tenor.gif

It outputs 4k, so not really fake.
You want to go that route? How about AA? Do you use it? Can you accept the fake pixel color interpolation?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Crysis never got updated to take advantage of more than 2 cores.
CP2077 doesn't have this issue.

You (or I) have no clue how much CyberPunk will be optimized on PC.

It is up in the air, but it's definitely pushing boundaries and it is relatively buggy. There's good chance it could get optimized in the future quite a bit, but we don't really have any clue either way.

BuffNTuff

Banned
It outputs 4k, so not really fake.
You want to go that route? How about AA? Do you use it? Can you accept the fake pixel color interpolation?

This is some real Aaron greenberg Xbox one defense force level of “you realize every game outputs at 1080p” bullshit right?

You (or I) have no clue how much CyberPunk will be optimized on PC.

It is up in the air, but it's definitely pushing boundaries and it is relatively buggy. There's good chance it could get optimized in the future quite a bit, but we don't really have any clue either way.

How dare you try to be reasonable. Shut up and eat crow! Your 10,000,000 dollar PC can't run a new next-gen game at 8k and 280fps!

thuGG_pl

This is some real Aaron greenberg Xbox one defense force level of “you realize every game outputs at 1080p” bullshit right?

My point was that I don't care if it's fake or not as long as it looks good. AA is fake, so what?

Last edited:

Shmunter

Finally a website that doesn't cater to popularity contest games. FS2020 should have been #2 though. I can't see how Spiderman MM looks better. All the other games are just fluff for me. Amazing that Demon Souls is ranked so far down at the bottom based on all the Sony Warriors crys for absolutely mind-blowing graphics. Doesn't seem so.. in any case, good list.
Do you wake up in a sweat in the middle of the night screaming “SONY WARRIORS!!!” ?

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Sometime 2015/2016.
Actually it was 2012. But even 2015 is plenty of time to get at least the PC version running optimized.
But but RT is new! A few years of RT dev time is also enough time.
PC did get all the luv hence the last gen console versions being so bad and the XSX/PS5 versions not being ready.

TrebleShot

I see DF ran out of games to compare on next gen.

Create an article, throw something controversial in and watch the ad revenue roll in.

Boring.

High end PC game is the looker of the bunch, no shit sherlock. Shame its a shambles of a game.

LMFAO Looking at Cyberpunk 4K footage on youtube at max settings with RTX on has me planning a PC build for 2021.

Fuck it. I just can't anymore. I'm going PC and I'm not going to go budget. Going RTX 3080 and I may need some suggestion for a CPU to match with this monster.

I'm enjoying Cyberpunk on PS4 Pro but I need this on PC. Exciting times ahead 🤠

Cyberpunk on PC is the best looking game out right now hands down. Not even up for debate. Last Of Us 2 takes the crown on console.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
Good list and deserving number one. Cyberpunk maxed on PC is truly something else. That said, the other games on that list are also amazingly beautiful. Love Ori and can't stop looking at footage of Demons Souls.

mercclass

1) Cyberpunk 2077
2) Spiderman: Miles Morales
3) Microsoft Flight Simulator
4) Half-Lyfe: Alex
5) The Last of Us Part 2
6) Demon Souls
7) Doom Eternal
8) Ori and The Will of the Wisps
9) Minecraft RTX

Others:
Dreams
Teardown
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Call of Duty Black Ops - Cold War
Ghost of Tsushima

Umm Demon Souls then everyone else slot yourselves out accordingly.

VFXVeteran

Banned
No its not. Its a poorly optimized cross-gen game that leans heavily on the shiny factor of ray-traced lighting that happens to look very nice on high-end PC's right now.

Its not going to be considered such an impressive visual achievement in a couple of years time because by then everyone will be targeting the next console gen as the base performance profile to build out from.

But that's beside the point; My issue isn't with the game itself, its what it says about the criteria being used for judgement. Sorry, but something like Flight Sim is way more deserving because its actually doing something interesting. Cyberpunk to me is a less impressive looking RDR2 that happens to be slathered with a couple of cheap, but ever so shiny (literally), visual gimmicks.

So so salty.

"You beat me today but wait until I go to the gym and lift weights for a couple of years!""

Grow up dude. You sound like a complete diehard console warrior who can't stand other people claiming a game NOT a console exclusive as the best looking game. That's how 100% of your kind here is and why I have so many arguments with you. The consoles don't have the power to do massive ray-tracing. It won't change in the next 2-3yrs at all. So I'm not sure how your console is going to somehow outperform the highest end boards today with the same settings and the same resolution at the same framerates.

VFXVeteran

Banned
LMFAO Looking at Cyberpunk 4K footage on youtube at max settings with RTX on has me planning a PC build for 2021.

Fuck it. I just can't anymore. I'm going PC and I'm not going to go budget. Going RTX 3080 and I may need some suggestion for a CPU to match with this monster.

I'm enjoying Cyberpunk on PS4 Pro but I need this on PC. Exciting times ahead 🤠

Cyberpunk on PC is the best looking game out right now hands down. Not even up for debate. Last Of Us 2 takes the crown on console.

Welcome to the dark side!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No but doom looks great on a lot more systems. That should have won.

It was on the list. I don't really understand why they should factor in hardware capabilities or price point to these accolades. It's just about the most impressive visuals.

Shmunter

I agree this has been primarily about raytracing. Haven’t seen cyberpunk to comment, but Spider-Man better visually than Last Of Us 2 is simply head scratching. Animation, density, attention to detail. It’s the combined package that impresses the player, not a tech feature.

Has TLOU2 not being #1 offended Resetera yet?

Cyberpunk on PC at 1440p with RTX on Ultra and DLSS Quality is definitely the best graphics to date.

Last edited:
Man the butt hurt over cyberpunk is never going to end on this forum. if you're complaining you clearly don't have a good PC as a matter of fact even a mid-tier PC you can see how amazing the game looks
I have a mid range pc, looks like shit and runs like shit, fuck cdpr, never going support them again

RoyBatty

Banned
Cyberpunk looks a gen or mid-gen ahead of the others.

TLOU2 looks nice but is almost all pre-backed and static. They even downgraded the game if you compare with the E3 2018 footage.

Nice to see Alyx on better place.

Neo_game

Even though Crysis remastered deserved better treatment from SI. How come that has not made the list ? FF7R should definitely be in the list as well. I would remove Ori, Minecraft rtx and HL-Alyx and Doom eternal from that list even though they are good looking games. Not sure why no mention of RE3 remake ?

Last edited:

Outlier

Cyberpunk 2077 is my pick. The most amazing looking city environments I've ever been able to see and explore.

The view of Japantown, from the eastern edge (bridge) of Watson was fucking breathtaking. It filled me with sensations of wonder and anticipation to explore.

FF7R had it's chance to do this, but they didn't go that route.

Lister

Banned
Anyone building in 2020 should hold off on the GPU part.
Maybe 2022 cards will run the game 60fps with FAKE DLSS 4K,Maxed and get 60fps :D

You are such a clueless tool, man.

And you've got like 1 tired fucking horse of an argument you keep beating on.

Console warrior dork to the core.

That graph is of the game on ultra. Something consoles won't ever come near. And settings that aren't necessary to put consoles to shame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom