• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] The Witcher 3: PS5/Series X/S/PC Patch 4.01 Tested! Better RT Perf But Console 60FPS Suffers

Trogdor1123

I actually booted up the ps5 version last night for the first time and I was taken back how rough the frame rate was. I almost couldn’t believe it, it makes sense now though I suppose. The 60 fps isn’t 60 fps

Banned
7zZd2if.jpg

twitter folks are insane😬🤣

he is absolutely correct tho..Harry Potter has to be the worst of the popular fantasy universes, terribly written shit without any inner logic and dorky ass spells.

that shit is for 6 year olds. and open world games too are usually dogshit with a shitload of braindead filler content.

so why wouldn't he be disinterested in it?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Yes. Its a huge game you are in a gaming forum. especially in a thread about people who should have made a fucking video already.

Also take it with funny fun.
I know it's a gaming forum. I also know that Witcher 3 has nothing to do with Hogwarts. People are being Resetera levels of outraged, butthurt and retarded because a website didn't make a video.

Freeza93

Banned
he is absolutely correct tho..Harry Potter has to be the worst of the popular fantasy universes, terribly written shit without any inner logic and dorky ass spells.

that shit is for 6 year olds. and open world games too are usually dogshit with a shitload of braindead filler content.

so why wouldn't he be disinterested in it?
Good its your opinion. Its the best selling book franchise on the planet.

He doesn’t has to like it. But saying such think in this manner very childish and unprofessional especially as a person of public.

Also who cares if hd hates it we didn’t ask if hd likes HP. People only asked if he will do a DF Video about it. Since you know thats his job. Imagine the entitlement to do something in your job you dont like.

Your take is also not very intelligent. But im sure you know that after reflecting about it.

Banned
Good its your opinion. Its the best selling book franchise on the planet.

He doesn’t has to like it. But saying such think in this manner very childish and unprofessional especially as a person of public.

Also who cares if hd hates it we didn’t ask if hd likes HP. People only asked if he will do a DF Video about it. Since you know thats his job. Imagine the entitlement to do something in your job you dont like.

Your take is also not very intelligent. But im sure you know that after reflecting about it.

people were asking him over and over again, harassing him daily, he told people they don't have a review code yet and other projects have priority.

they clearly are covering it eventually, and he said as much, but these retards on twitter didn't stop.

so I get why he said this. Harry Potter is absolutely fucking awful, as are most open world games, and in their team they can usually chose what to cover, usually the people that like a certain type of game also cover that type of game.

furthermore anyone who brings up sales figures in an argument about the quality of a product doesn't show a lot of intelligence either, just saying.
mass popularity is usually closely related to how shallow and/or generic something is, pop music is almost clinically designed to be as generic as possible without feeling too samey. which is why it sells well.

easy to digest stuff is usually what wins, not high quality stuff.

Freeza93

Banned
I know it's a gaming forum. I also know that Witcher 3 has nothing to do with Hogwarts. People are being Resetera levels of outraged, butthurt and retarded because a website didn't make a video.

The game has 5 modes on a 120 hz tv, in which you can uncap the fps on dcery single one of them. on a 60 hz tv you still get 3 modes. So 5 modes caped and uncapped fps, thats quite a lot to cover.

Of course people want a professional take on that especially of a such beloved franchise and one if not the biggest game of the year.

That only because of wrong and false accusations of Joanne Kathleen Rowling. Since we all know most kids simply jumped on the hate train because of some degenerates.

Which is also ironic af since Rowling spent/donated more money on woman rights. Than all of eras user together and their whole bloodline til the beginning of civilization.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game has 5 modes on a 120 hz tv, in which you can uncap the fps on dcery single one of them. on a 60 hz tv you still get 3 modes. So 5 modes caped and uncapped fps, thats quite a lot to cover.

Of course people want a professional take on that especially of a such beloved franchise and one if not the biggest game of the year.

That only because of wrong and false accusations of Joanne Kathleen Rowling. Since we all know most kids simply jumped on the hate train because of some degenerates.

Which is also ironic af since Rowling spent/donated more money on woman rights. Than all of eras user together and their whole bloodline til the beginning of civilization.

dude relax, take a breather, we don't need JK's defense in every topic, leave it. We already know they're covering the game.

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
people were asking him over and over again, harassing him daily, he told people they don't have a review code yet and other projects have priority.

they clearly are covering it eventually, and he said as much, but these retards on twitter didn't stop.

so I get why he said this. Harry Potter is absolutely fucking awful, as are most open world games, and in their team they can usually chose what to cover, usually the people that like a certain type of game also cover that type of game.

furthermore anyone who brings up sales figures in an argument about the quality of a product doesn't show a lot of intelligence either, just saying.
mass popularity is usually closely related to how shallow and/or generic something is, pop music is almost clinically designed to be as generic as possible without feeling too samey. which is why it sells well.

Good thats not my problem im not on twitter i only read there sometimes. i dont have an account or anything.

Success is measured by sales wether you like it or not.

Banned
Good thats not my problem im not on twitter i only read there sometimes. i dont have an account or anything.

Success is measured by sales wether you like it or not.

success yes, but not quality.

do you know how much money the Twilight saga made? that shit is even a bigger pile of vile garbage... you couldn't write a worse story and worse characters if you tried.

Freeza93

Banned
Nothing wrong with what he said. It's his opinion and a valid one at that. What's important is that DF is covering the game which they confirmed they are.
If you cant see how wrong it is from his standpoint. jesus christ.

hes not a simple gaf/twitteruser. Hes covering tech on games as a public person.

Are you even old enough for a job? Feeling like discussing with children.

Freeza93

Banned
dude relax, take a breather, we don't need JK's defense in every topic, leave it. We already know they're covering the game.
I am as relaxed as one can be. 🤷🏻 Or are you another wannabe psychologist who can see emotion in simple non emotional texts. i dont get it.

Freeza93

Banned
success yes, but not quality.

do you know how much money the Twilight saga made? that shit is even a bigger pile of vile garbage... you couldn't write a worse story and worse characters if you tried.
I agree. The game still did pretty well on that front did you see the critics/user? it has over 90% on Steam, We all know if a game really has no quality. Steam will tear it apart. :)

i have no opinion on twilight as i dont know anything about it. Its about vampires. Thats all i know.

adamsapple

I am as relaxed as one can be. 🤷🏻 Or are you another wannabe psychologist who can see emotion in simple non emotional texts. i dont get it.

No, it's just a response to seeing a series of posts derailing the actual topic. We don't need to rehash what someone from DF said on twitter in every one of their unrelated game coverage.

Please keep this to DF's coverage of this Witcher 3 patch.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Yes, a bit.

I don't understand why anyone is saying that, if you watch the video overall the fsr looks a lot better as do reflection at the minor expense of some shadows. Side by side it looks a lot better.

It's performance mode that's gotten worse.

Freeza93

Banned
Someone should do one with his comments about how he fucking hates Microsoft and wishes they never got into gaming.
For such a sensitive guy, he sure creates a lot of drama for himself.
Why would he hate Ms? Gaming is just a small part of Ms simply ignore the games you dont like. I only searched for info when they will do a video then i found this pic in the comments on the DF channel. 😆 If ms would have closed gaming we would have complete duopoly with sony and nintendo. No one would want that. really.

Banned
Someone should do one with his comments about how he fucking hates Microsoft and wishes they never got into gaming.
For such a sensitive guy, he sure creates a lot of drama for himself.

Why would he hate Ms? Gaming is just a small part of Ms simply ignore the games you dont like. I only searched for info when they will do a video then i found this pic in the comments on the DF channel. 😆 If ms would have closed gaming we would have complete duopoly with sony and nintendo. No one would want that. really.

that's was during the Xbox One reveal era, at that time, before they reversed their always online stance, I too saw them as the enemy of gaming.

that's not surprising for anyone who is a gaming enthusiast. for those couple of months Microsoft was the worst.

edit: and btw. if the backlash wasn't as strong as it was back then, if people accepted the Xbox One always online policy, Sony would have done the same.
we know they were working on a disc format that would digitally tie a disc to your console, they most likely abandoned this idea simply to fire against Microsoft as they saw how unpopular this concept was

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
that's was during the Xbox One reveal era, at that time, before they reversed their always online stance, I too saw them as the enemy of gaming.

that's not surprising for anyone who is a gaming enthusiast. for those couple of months Microsoft was the worst.

edit: and btw. if the backlash wasn't as strong as it was back then, if people accepted the Xbox One always online policy, Sony would have done the same.
we know they were working on a disc format that would digitally tie a disc to your console, they most likely abandoned this idea simply to fire against Microsoft as they saw how unpopular this concept was
But we do have always online now, often. I dont know i was not much on the internet 2013 i dont. was more party years back then for me.

adamsapple

I don't understand why anyone is saying that, if you watch the video overall the fsr looks a lot better as do reflection at the minor expense of some shadows. Side by side it looks a lot better.

It's performance mode that's gotten worse.

Which is a fucking travesty. As good as the RT mode looks, it plays like molasses.

Banned
But we do have always online now, often. I dont know i was not much on the internet 2013 i dont. was more party years back then for me.

yeah well, it's easier to introduce shitty practices like this slowly and under the radar. Microsoft tried to just slap it at your face in an instant.
also the original Xbox One concept was way worse. you couldn't sell your retail copies unless you do so to someone who was on your friends list for more than 1 month, and it only would work once.

you had to check in online to use retail games and you couldn't even lend your games to someone without a lot of restrictions.

we don't have that today. the worst you get is games having online DRM, which still gets people to call these games out and shit on them...
or games where you need a patch for them to work properly. but they still work offline without issue.

and you still can sell your disc games the same way you could sell a PS1 disc, and you can lend people your games the same way you did back then too.
if Microsoft had their way, both PlayStation and Xbox would now have a system in place to prevent the resale and borrowing of games.

Microsoft's plan for Xbox One was distopian in the console scene.

Freeza93

Banned
yeah well, it's easier to introduce shitty practices like this slowly and under the radar. Microsoft tried to just slap it at your face in an instant.
also the original Xbox One concept was way worse. you couldn't sell your retail copies unless you do so to someone who was on your friends list for more than 1 month, and it only would work once.

you had to check in online to use retail games and you couldn't even lend your games to someone without a lot of restrictions.

we don't have that today. the worst you get is games having online DRM, which still gets people to call these games out and shit on them...
or games where you need a patch for them to work properly. but they still work offline without issue.

and you still can sell your disc games the same way you could sell a PS1 disc, and you can lend people your games the same way you did back then too.
if Microsoft had their way, both PlayStation and Xbox would now have a system in place to prevent the resale and borrowing of games.

Microsoft's plan for Xbox One was distopian in the console scene.
I did never buy a one, okay one x i had a while great silent small nothing i k ew fromsony at that point. Was ps3 and ps4 the whole gens. But after 4, sony lost me with the pro that was loud af.
Still have a ps5 but its only collecting dust.

Yea fuck that shit from ms back then no wonder sony built their leadership so big. Ms simply failed big time. but now i cant really complain. maybe nitpicks but nothing serious. need that midgen upgrade at asap.

we are ot af.😂

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Yeah. This is such a weird situation altogether. First, people rant if someone covers something the person doing it isn't either qualified or well-suited for. Now people rant when he only and literal said that he isn't going to cover it; no reasons given and not saying DF isn't covering it.

Then, on the other hand, it's as you said. He covered Fortnite quite much with the latest Lumen update. If that's not children bullshit than I don't KNOW. He covered Spider Man (on the Steam Deck) IIRC which is open world.

Okay, I get it, maybe it was just his job and he didn't enjoy it, we never know. But he could have done the tweet without calling it bullshit.

If you're long enough on twitter you WILL explode like this. So why are people still using these platforms? Do you want to get a stroke? Do you want the harasment? Do like having every tweet screenahoted for eternity so someone can come. out of the woodworks ten years later and point out what an ass you were being ten fucking years ago and even have the potential to ruin your career?

Why are people still using this corporation infested platform? Just stop.
To be fair when referring to the Fortnite video, it was the first implementation of the UE5 luman and nanite engine in a large game. The video focused almost solely on the new feature sets.

rapid32.5

Can you still go back to the XBO version with rock-solid 60fps on Series X?
I'm so tired of CDPR bullshit “upgrades” “next-gen” versions.

Last edited:

Banned
Yeah. This is such a weird situation altogether. First, people rant if someone covers something the person doing it isn't either qualified or well-suited for. Now people rant when he only and literal said that he isn't going to cover it; no reasons given and not saying DF isn't covering it.

Then, on the other hand, it's as you said. He covered Fortnite quite much with the latest Lumen update. If that's not children bullshit than I don't KNOW. He covered Spider Man (on the Steam Deck) IIRC which is open world.

Okay, I get it, maybe it was just his job and he didn't enjoy it, we never know. But he could have done the tweet without calling it bullshit.

If you're long enough on twitter you WILL explode like this. So why are people still using these platforms? Do you want to get a stroke? Do you want the harasment? Do like having every tweet screenahoted for eternity so someone can come. out of the woodworks ten years later and point out what an ass you were being ten fucking years ago and even have the potential to ruin your career?

Why are people still using this corporation infested platform? Just stop.

Fortnite was covered as a graphics showcase, it is the first and only Unreal 5 game that actually pushes new tech while also having good performance.

Spider-Man was similarly interesting from a tech standpoint. a PS5 game ported to PC with advanced rendering features.

Hogwarts Legacy has zero interesting tech features and it isn't an interesting game for him personally. it in fact isn't interesting in any way from any tech perspective... other than the devs being too shit to make their game run well, as people already found an easy fix on PC that drastically improves framerates and VRAM utilisation, which the devs were too shit to find themselves and implement officially.

DF can go take a fuck to themselves.

I was hoping to play Witcher again but the performance wasn't great so have been holding out for patches. Luckily I was surprised at how good Hogwarts is so that'll keep me occupied for a while :)

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Are you high? Fuck off.
Doesnt really feel right does it now. That's exactly what you are doing on DF.
i can already smell the soy. Grow some REAL balls.
What are the requirements?
Then we talk again.
Please do something else. This is too professional for my tastes.

Edit: Glad you are doing something else. Not surprised about the permban. Projecting only gets you so far.

Last edited:
mwTng5q.jpg

Not sure why he hates MS. He's a bit of a strange cat.

Moriah20

Yeah, not everything can be as delectable as Sonic Frontiers.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Wait, people are losing their shit over digital Foundry...the place they say is biased and do bullshit comparisons.....weird...People are weird.

Here we are in another situation where I was gonna pick up another copy(I lost mine in our move) and it's looking like I'll have to wait for another patch to address the downgrades that this one provided.

I have to admit, I miss the olden days of gaming(up to...PS2?) where your game damn well have better been a complete product at launch. No patches to save you because you can just "fix it up later".

RyRy93

Was just about to start a PS5 playthrough only to learn the game no longer holds 60fps and is buggier than when I last played it years ago…

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wow, what a downgrade. The RT mode looks worse and still doesn't run well enough, and Performance mode now runs much worse than before. Good job CDPR!

Thebonehead

Banned
Wait, people are losing their shit over digital Foundry...the place they say is biased and do bullshit comparisons.....weird...People are weird.
Sony Fans:
Alex / Richard / Tom are biased towards Xbox

Xbox Fans:
John / Richard are biased towards Sony

AMD Fans:
Alex / Richard are biased towards Nvidia

Nintendo Fans:
They all hate us

Nvidia Fans:
They are unfair about the price of non 4090 cards

adamsapple

Sony Fans:
Alex / Richard / Tom are biased towards Xbox

Xbox Fans:
John / Richard are biased towards Sony

AMD Fans:
Alex / Richard are biased towards Nvidia

Nintendo Fans:
They all hate us

Nvidia Fans:
They are unfair about the price of non 4090 cards

Stadia fans:

yeah I got nothing.

Thebonehead

Banned
Stadia fans:

Who Is This GIF by Trombone Shorty

On a serious note the pile on that these people get are reminiscent of the Purple forum, and their slavering rage and hatred against their non-existent perceived injustices. It's bullying behaviour.

They provide an entertaining look at the technology and techniques on games. Feel free to criticise their propositions and arguments, but the relentless ad hominen attacks are completely unnecessary.

This isn't directed at you adamsapple adamsapple , but a general reflection on the sorry state of discourse these threads are generating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom