• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital foundry Saw the Xbox Series S in March, (Analysis Video)

Journey

Banned
You realize you’re a customer persona taped onto a Microsoft whiteboard somewhere in Redmond?

“Uninformed fan who can’t understand Beyond3D, so he’ll go to Digital Foundry for console war talking points, despite DF not having any relevant technical experience...let’s call this guy Johnny Jerkoff.”

Stop talking about yourself all the time, it makes you look narcissistic.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Do you have any evidence DF was paid by Microsoft?

This looks similar to what any other journalist does at E3 every year when they get invited to closed door previews, and then release the information when the company allows it.
Of course there is no evidence, just like there is no bias. They would have to disclose if they were being paid, thus making it a commercial.

YCoCg

Sony doesn't see DF as big. They don't care about their bias BS. Youtubers are bigger than DF and has more influence.

Sony haven't started their onslaught of marketing. Don't worry it will come. 😉
So how are DF supposed to do videos on the PS5 without any information?? You're accusing them of bias because they're only doing videos on Xbox but hey there buddy, perhaps it's because MS are actually showing shit!

So how are DF supposed to do videos on the PS5 without any information?? You're accusing them of bias because they're only doing videos on Xbox but hey there buddy, perhaps it's because MS are actually showing shit!

They already did a lot of videos about PS5 without information. The funny thing is they were convinced of their suppositions.

And when they finally had information, they were doubting the info given them by Mark Cerny.

I don't blame Mark Cerny for not engaging DF again.

vdopey

They already did a lot of videos about PS5 without information. The funny thing is they were convinced of their suppositions.

And when they finally had information, they were doubting the info given them by Mark Cerny.

I don't blame Mark Cerny for not engaging DF again.

I mean for this video:

I pointed this out:

This is why Sony doesn't engage with them, why should they ? I can go through this video and show the exact same thing, generally for Microsoft stuff, they point out a negative, but spin a positive light on it and they glorify anything positive. For Sony even positive stuff they spin a negative on it, the only one that is actually semi-decent is John he seems to be more level headed. I'll take nxgamer over these clowns any day of the week.

sinnergy

I mean for this video:

I pointed this out:

This is why Sony doesn't engage with them, why should they ? I can go through this video and show the exact same thing, generally for Microsoft stuff, they point out a negative, but spin a positive light on it and they glorify anything positive. For Sony even positive stuff they spin a negative on it, the only one that is actually semi-decent is John he seems to be more level headed. I'll take nxgamer over these clowns any day of the week.

Right...

jaysius

Banned
I mean for this video:

I pointed this out:

This was near the start of their bullshit "theoretical benchmark" fluff videos that made them fall from a good brand into a gray territory.

Posting supposition and trying to stand behind it is Youtuber "influencer" clickbait tier, DF should have never dipped their toe in there. DF really should have found other content instead of this pure trash they're posting about BOTH MS and Sony. The strengths of the DF brand were absolutes and objectivity, without those, they're just another channel on the Tubes.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, the DF is biased argument again "pie_tears_joy:

In their article they are making a very balanced view of the console.

Pro's:
* Price - value ratio
* Size
* SSD speed/CPU/RT

Cons:
* Is 8GB RAM enough?
* SSD size
* No optical drive

Seems a very fair assessment to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jtibh

Banned
Yes please do that because I think in this situation you're acting off of your feelings and not facts.
You remember when you wanted to lecture me in one thread about it must be me thinking women want me since , according to you most men think they are good looking but they are not really desirable and women are just nice to me not to hurt my feelings or something like that.
You somewhat made me defend myself but you kept saying i am wrong.

Please check the post a picture of you if you dare thread and tell me, you think i still imagining that women find me attractive??

Moving on , here we are once again where you tell me to prove myself, cuz otherwise i act out of my own feelings.

And again you couldnt be further from the truth.

Listen i have no issues with you i think you are cool, i hope you have no issues with me, i am a fairly decent member even if i am at the bottom so please lets not do this all the time.

I gave a reason for my stance in one of the post and if thats not enough then by all means have it your way think what you want.

Have a good night .

Last edited:

makaveli60

John is not biased. His boss Richard tries to hide his bias but fails miserably. Alex just doesn't care beeing seen as bias, he's not even hiding it.
I find myself always agreeing with what John says. He always has the same opinions about a lot of different things (not just technical details of games) as me, likes the same games, etc. And he seems the most enthusiastic about the games themselves. One of my favorite people in the industry.

Redlight

There is no 'DF is biased' argument. Argument suggests a reasoned assembly of proven facts used to reach a logical conclusion.

This is not fact based, it's faith based. Like the beliefs of a cult, an anti-vaxxer or flat-earther.

Unfortunately you can't combat this kind of baseless stupidity with facts.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You remember when you wanted to lecture me in one thread about it must be me thinking women want me since , according to you most men think they are good looking but they are not really desirable and women are just nice to me not to hurt my feelings or something like that.
You somewhat made me defend myself but you kept saying i am wrong.

Please check the post a picture of you if you dare thread and tell me, you think i still imagining that women find me attractive??

Moving on , here we are once again where you tell me to prove myself, cuz otherwise i act out of my own feelings.

And again you couldnt be further from the truth.

Listen i have no issues with you i think you are cool, i hope you have no issues with me, i am a fairly decent member even if i am at the bottom so please lets not do this all the time.

I gave a reason for my stance in one of the post and if thats not enough then by all means have it your way think what you want.

Have a good night .
You didn't address my request at all.

turtlepowa

Banned
Its amazing how its always the same xbox crowd that jump in to the defence of DF.

Check it @X-Fighter turtlepowa turtlepowa Jon Neu Jon Neu all 3 die hard xbox fans, to the defence of DF, then thumbs up from @CatLady and ZywyPL ZywyPL ... I wonder why that is ...

I mean why is it that it seems the majority of the Microsoft / xbox fans are happy with DF content, but no one else seems to be, could it be because their content is biased ?
Defending? Na, i don't give a shit about DF, i don't even visit their hp or watch their videos. I'm just laughing my ass off about the brand obsessed die-hard PS fanboys hating, crying and complaining everytime someone mentions DF.

Last edited:

GiJoint

And Cerny promised Richard that he will talk to him again. But after their bias coverage questioning almost every Cerny's claims, Cerny never talked to him again. Sony can see through the BS.

Sony doesn't see DF as big. They don't care about their bias BS. Youtubers are bigger than DF and has more influence.

Sony haven't started their onslaught of marketing. Don't worry it will come. 😉
I see you have 100 percent true inside knowledge into Sony, you must work at their HQ.
Can you give us a hint on what the price the PS5 will be? and exact release date worldwide?, cheers...also, and how high up in the chain are you within Sony? interesting stuff.

ZywyPL

Banned
and ZywyPL ZywyPL ... I wonder why that is ...

I always thumb up facts, logic, common sense and even the opinions I don't agree with as long as they are backed up with reasonable arguments (but frankly many people totally skip that part in their posts). And in posts like yours there's none of that, DF are biased and MS shills "just because", while I do watch their vids and I see how they are praising all of Sony's games for this and that, while the framerate/resolutions analysis are as objective as it can only be, because there's simply no way to hide how the consoles perform (or PC CPUs/GPUs for that matter), so I don't know, maybe, quite ironically, it's you who is the only fanboy here, and anyone who doesn't blindly praise Sony and/or bashes MS is considered a by you as a fanboy of the "opposing camp"? Because if you really want to know I've been a PC guy for a quarter of century or so, and never even owned an XB console, I even totally skipped the ongoing generation and the only contact I have with current-gen consoles is through friends who do have them. But looking how fast you are in jumping to conclusions and labeling people, it's hard to fight the feeling something is clearly wrong with you. All in all, just because you don't like what people say doesn't make them any wrong. But I have to say, it's quite an entertainment to see how DF went from THE number one source to prove PS4's superiority, but the very day X1X launched and first benchmarks shown up the narrative has switched 180 degree, and people like you desperately try to take away any of their credibility.

I see you have 100 percent true inside knowledge into Sony, you must work at their HQ.
Can you give us a hint on what the price the PS5 will be? and exact release date worldwide?, cheers...also, and how high up in the chain are you within Sony? interesting stuff.

"Cerny promised Richard that they will again." - Richard's words himself, and then nothing. Cerny never talked to him again.

"Sony doesn't see DF as big. They don't care about their bias BS." - Duh. The fact that they don't give them info speaks for itself. Contrast that with how MS is using DF for their propaganda.

"Sony haven't started their onslaught of marketing. Don't worry it will come." - I was wrong about this. Sony's marketing onslaught will not actually come. They will just release PS5 without marketing. Sorry for the confusion.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Its amazing how its always the same xbox crowd that jump in to the defence of DF.

Check it @X-Fighter turtlepowa turtlepowa Jon Neu Jon Neu all 3 die hard xbox fans, to the defence of DF, then thumbs up from @CatLady and ZywyPL ZywyPL ... I wonder why that is ...

I mean why is it that it seems the majority of the Microsoft / xbox fans are happy with DF content, but no one else seems to be, could it be because their content is biased ?
Why is the content of that article biased? What are they not truthful over?

Because from the moment you are claiming someone is biased, and then also tell that I'm "defending" biased content, you better back it up. I'll ask for a ban otherwise, I won't accept false acquisitions, this isn't Twitter.

turtlepowa

Banned
Average age of ****GAF confirmed to be 12 years old in this thread. What the hell is wrong with you lot? If MS were paying DF they wouldn’t have been negative about the RAM and SSD size. Sort yourselves out will ya.
Better edit your post or you will get a ban. Someone will report you for ****GAF and that results in a ban. That's how it works here.

Last edited:

pyrocro

OMG, these guys are really trying hard.
You guys do know MS is just machine learning your responses and addressing them in their videos.
You guys are being useful tools to Microsoft, notice how they subvert, answer and address all GAF criticisms in their last video.

bring the evidence of DF bias you muppets, its just pitifully watching you guys flop around now.

turtlepowa

Banned
Heh. When I say SonyGAF I refer to Sony fans on this forum. And I’d address fellow Xbox fans as XboxGAF 🤷🏻‍♂️ Not used in a console war context. Action figure fans in my action Figure thread are AFGAF, for example.
Ah ok, didn't know that's ok in some cases. Thought it would be a complete nogo like a certain number containing a 2 and a 9.

GiJoint

"Cerny promised Richard that they will again." - Richard's words himself, and then nothing. Cerny never talked to him again.

"Sony doesn't see DF as big. They don't care about their bias BS." - Duh. The fact that they don't give them info speaks for itself. Contrast that with how MS is using DF for their propaganda.

"Sony haven't started their onslaught of marketing. Don't worry it will come." - I was wrong about this. Sony's marketing onslaught will not actually come. They will just release PS5 without marketing. Sorry for the confusion.
Have you not thought Microsoft are just being more upfront now? look at the disaster that was the Xbox One Launch - it was a complete mess, it has spooked them for years and they're on this endless goodwill parade to win hearts and minds, if you're a tech focused channel like DF wouldn't you jump at the opportunity to check out a deep dive into something before anyone else? Microsoft are throwing all their chips out there for a reason, they don't want an Xbox One disaster and hey, they've really done some good things now like Gamepass.

The PS3 and its first few years was a mess for Sony too, they really had to dig deep to get that thing going and at the latter half of its life the PS3 started to shine but even Sony admitted they made mistakes and went on that same hearts and mind mission with the PS4 and look at them? they're doing amazing.

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
I'm a Sony pony myself, I don't hide it.

But Eurogamer did an article not so long back about MS making 'a case for Gamepass, not so much for Series X'. I don't really see an overall bias from them (Battaglia seems a bit of a pc prick though). I just think they call things as they see them. MS' strategy at the moment is far more interesting and therefore more likely to stimulate discussion than Sony's, and all we are seeing is the natural result of that.

That, and Sony's lack of solid info.

Whether MS' approach wins them this gen remains to be seen.

Jtibh

Banned
No, because that's not the order in which things were asked. You don't get to cut in line.
😂😂😂😂
Look i dont know you. But what i can gather through posts, i am probably above you in real life. I am not some depressed person dealing with some mental issues or life issues like some people here on the forum.
You accused me with things that are far away from me.
I have the looks , check thread pic, i have a wife and kid, i have a business, i have house cars money , i traveled the world , been to all the continents except australia and still fly to europe every year with the fam on top of flying to costa rica or cuba every winter. I dont have to prove you anything.
In real life i doubt you would give me any demands or orders.

So. No i wont bow to your request. I dont bow to no one in real life even when i negotiate large projects.

I just wanted to set the record straight since i think you confuse me with some loser.

Have a nice day.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
😂😂😂😂
Look i dont know you. But what i can gather through posts, i am probably above you in real life. I am not some depressed person dealing with some mental issues or life issues like some people here on the forum.
I have the looks , check thread pic, i have a wife and kid, i have a business, i have house cars money , i traveled the world , been to all the continents except australia and still fly to europe every year with the fam on top of flying to costa rica or cuba every winter. I dont have to prove you anything.

So. No i wont bow to your request. I dont bow to no one in real life even when i negotiate large projects.

I just wanted to set the record straight since i think you confuse me with some loser.

Have a nice day.
You didn't address my request at all.

GiJoint

😂😂😂😂

Have a nice day.
Yeah...saying you’re above someone on a gaming forum then having a flex on your looks and travelling to Europe. Amazing, what a person, someone to look up too folks, celeb status. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

pyrocro

I wish persons here would legitimately criticize the series S
slower CPU
Slower RAM
Smaller SSD

There I gave you guys some legitimate talking points. instead of I'm cute in real life I promise and I have a life, how did it get there.

GiJoint

I wish persons here would legitimately criticize the series S
slower CPU
Slower RAM
Smaller SSD

There I gave you guys some legitimate talking points. instead of I'm cute in real life I promise and I have a life, how did it get there.
It’s a budget machine not targeting 4K.
Really good for folks not wanting to spend a lot and hey, times are tough out there right now thanks to the job killing coronavirus

pyrocro

It’s a budget machine not targeting 4K.
Really good for folks not wanting to spend a lot and hey, times are tough out there right now thanks to the job killing coronavirus
it almost as if it perfect for the times.
More importantly, MS has sony in a really difficult spot price-wise,
Removing the disc drive is at saving of at most $30 how will they be able to get to $399 on the digital console.
Even with banking on software sales, that's a lot of upfront capital being expended on what will be a more competitive console generation as appose to the previous.
competition is always a good thing for the consumer.

GiJoint

it almost as if it perfect for the times.
More importantly, MS has sony in a really difficult spot price-wise,
Removing the disc drive is at saving of at most $30 how will they be able to get to $399 on the digital console.
Even with banking on software sales, that's a lot of upfront capital being expended on what will be a more competitive console generation as appose to the previous.
competition is always a good thing for the consumer.
That’s right, removing a blu ray drive wouldn’t shave off much in material costs, it’s not PS3 era where blu ray was new and expensive.

I think, given Sony’s momentum right now, they could pull a loss leader scenario like cheap bread in a supermarket and take a hit financially to attract customers.

I am happy for the S price wise and the CPU upgrade alone over current gen is huge.

Top Bottom