• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital foundry Saw the Xbox Series S in March, (Analysis Video)

YCoCg

Surrre DF is "biased" that much that they're practically begging Sony to release more info so they can cover it too, those MS shills.

GODbody

Did you watch the video and the article you linked? The article you linked doesn't have anything regarding a potential "Series S" or a 4TF console.
I figured you had watched the video you linked. There was a leak around that time that pointed to a 4TF gpu from AMD. here you go. You can probably find more articles about it. Bottom line is DF did not have insider information that caused them to make that video. It's kind of silly to suggest so as it would be quite obvious that they had information that wasn't public.

GHG

Gold Member
I figured you had watched the video you linked. There was a leak around that time that pointed to a 4TF gpu from AMD. here you go. You can probably find more articles about it. Bottom line is DF did not have insider information that caused them to make that video. It's kind of silly to suggest so as it would be quite obvious that they had information that wasn't public.

Ok and the numbers in the article you linked are not what they discussed in the video.

The details and numbers discussed in the video I linked were pretty much bang on. Richard even said "for reasons..." *hint hint* *wink wink* at one point. At we are supposed to believe they knew nothing at that point?

Even at the time it was obvious they had been fed some kind of information.
  • "Slight clock speed difference on the CPU but don't worry about that"
  • "Same pcie nvme storage"
  • "The CPU and storage are the key improvements for next gen"
  • "Do expect a lower provision of memory and a much less capable GPU - design target is 4TF"
All of that is not a coincidence.

Last edited:

GiJoint

Good on ya DF keep doing what you’re doing I love the hurt in here.

I won’t be buying a Series X/S - will be heading the PS5/PCGamepass route.

Jon Neu

Banned

They even mention the leaks in the description of the video.

Microsoft hasn't officially announced Lockhart - its more price-conscious next-gen console - but leaked specs suggest a four teraflop GPU in its design.

GODbody

Ok and the numbers in the article you linked are not what they discussed in the video.

The details and numbers discussed in the video I linked were pretty much bang on. Richard even said "for reasons..." *hint hint* *wink wink* at one point. At we are supposed to believe they knew nothing at that point?

Even at the time it was obvious they had been fed some kind of information.
  • "Slight clock speed difference on the CPU but don't worry about that"
  • "Same pcie nvme storage"
  • "The CPU and storage are the key improvements for next gen"
  • "Do expect a lower provision of memory and a much less capable GPU - design target is 4TF"
All of that is not a coincidence.
It might not seem like a coincidence if you're looking for a conspiracy but it really is just a coincidence. I remember when the GPU benchmark leaks dropped and this video went up a few days later. The specs of the machine he built in the video isn't even the same. He was just trying to prove a theory. There have been rumors of a 4tf 1440p 60fps xbox as far back as the game awards last year. Here's an article from December.

edit: I wouldn't even call it a coincidence as his job is literally building and benchmarking these machines so he and his team probably already knew what it took to achieve his goal.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
It might not seem like a coincidence if you're looking for a conspiracy but it really is just a coincidence. I remember when the GPU benchmark leaks dropped and this video went up a few days later. The specs of the machine he built in the video isn't even the same. He was just trying to prove a theory. There have been rumors of a 4tf 1440p 60fps xbox as far back as the game awards last year. Here's an article from December.

And how did they know about the SSD being the same and information on the RAM pool? Just pure coincidence right?

It's not about a conspiracy, the likes of Nvidia and Microsoft tell/give these guys things in confidence.

By the way that's yet another article that doesn't talk about 4tf. They were the only ones talking about 4tf at the time. Happy to be proven wrong if you can find an article from around the time that covers all of the points I listed above which they spoke about in the video.

Last edited:

anothertech

I feel like if DF was biased, we wouldn't have gotten all those 1080vs720/900 ps4 vs xboone videos for the last 6 years. They would have just ignored the topic completely.

That said, why turn down money when big companies throw it at you.... lol.

DavidGzz

You mean the last 3 years of xbox ass licking is not enough?
Do you want me to go through each of their videos to make a list with time stamps to point out the obvoius?
I charge by the hour btw

If you ran a website and Microsoft sent you items that you could make videos on or invited you to their studio and Sony didn't, you would seem just as biased but it wouldn't be your fault.

I don't know why I'm even responding Fanboys can't be reasoned with and people that make up conspiracy theories are lost.

Also why wouldn't they bitch about Sony? I would as well if they weren't as forthcoming while Fanboys bitch at me.

Jtibh

Banned
If you ran a website and Microsoft sent you items that you could make videos on or invited you to their studio and Sony didn't, you would seem just as biased but it wouldn't be your fault.

I don't know why I'm even responding Fanboys can't be reasoned with and people that make up conspiracy theories are lost.

Also why wouldn't they bitch about Sony? I would as well if they weren't as forthcoming while Fanboys bitch at me.
One way or the other either by fluke or luck they ended up on microsofts side.
No one can deny that.

But lets understand this once and for all.
Sony gave them the cold shoulder for what ever reason.
But microsoft was very transparent and supportive with df and a relationship has been formed.
I am not saying they are fanboys or shills. But its evident that they favour microsoft as a whole since they provide them with plenty of material to work with.
And thats ok.
Its business. Thats all. They have to make money somehow.

Again there is nothing wrong with what they do even if it comes over as bias.

pyrocro

I think you ment to say nxgamer understands game development but i forgive you.

Look as a business owner myself and doing marketing and stuff for myself plus forming relationships i see what i see.

Show you proof haha you want me to go through their books?

I am happy to give you time stamps AND the timestamp where they bitch about sony not giving them a bone.

But i charge by the hour and i aint cheap

Soooo in other words you have nothing got it. :)

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
And wjere is your proof they are not?????
Try to prove a negative i dare you
Taken straight out of the FE playbook.
6P9KnAj.jpg

pyrocro

We had this conversation in the troll "xbox - ps5 analysis" thread the other day, and I asked for the video.
Turned out it was a video recorded with general comments right after E32019, when their knowledge was way more limited.
They THOUGHT that there cannot be raytracing on nextgen consoles, and they THOUGHT there is no second machine, and were laughing about that.
I am sure you know this very well, we had this conversation the other day!

but here is the link from the video (June 11 2019 E3) for those who -just like me two days ago- don't know what are you referring to:

First they laughed about h/w assisted ray tracing, then they laughed about series s.
At 17:54 they say "this year (E3) it was down to a singular (console). I have spoken to developers across the year (E32018 "plural"announcement - E32019 "singular xbox announcement") and there has always been a degree of suspicion and worry. If we look back at console generations, the lowest spec'd machine was pain in the butt"

Using these words spoken so long ago as general comments of E3 presentation, and when they clearly didn't have a clue, and transforming them to
"Of course they knew... they even made a video saying how developers were dissatisfaction with the machine."
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/digi...n-march-analysis-video.1565347/post-260081475
well, that's not a good practice. actually, that's a very bad practice.
So tell me, what kind of enjoyment do you get out of that?

This needs to be highlighted, again, and again, its like @ethomaz has been given marching orders and talking points. THESE FANBOYS ARE LYING ON PURPOSE TO SPREAD FUD.
Is he getting paid to do this?
Who does something like this?
This @ethomaz guy just lost all credibility.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Hmm, I wonder why people in the industry avoid this place.

Every time Digital Foundry says anything remotely positive about Xbox or doesn't kiss Sony's ass hard enough we have a coordinated army of whiney Sony babies shreiking: Shills! Bias! Shadowy Xbox Discord! Paid by Microsoft! and other inane conspiracy theories.

They already drove Digital Foundry off of this site with one their many insane and undeserved tantrums. They keep trying to drive @VFXVeteran and Gavin Stevens Gavin Stevens out because they don't properly fawn all over Sony. Honestly they remind me of the Twitter SJW mobs that cancel anyone not in lockstep with the mob.

reinking

Gold Member
The most revealing part of the video for me was judging by the pics I thought the Series S was going to be thicker than the One S. Nope, same height when laid flat.

As for all of the technical stuff. I really just want to see some real games playing on real consoles for real world comparisons. Everything else is marketing and/or speculation.

Surrre DF is "biased" that much that they're practically begging Sony to release more info so they can cover it too, those MS shills.

And Cerny promised Richard that he will talk to him again. But after their bias coverage questioning almost every Cerny's claims, Cerny never talked to him again. Sony can see through the BS.

Journey

Banned
This. They're jokes. Ever since Phil made that tweet about them doing "good work"--and what a joke that was, MS's marketing department said, "hey, look, here are some useful idiots."

Is this your way of preparing for PS5 inferior ports? We'll just blame DF for their biased comparison lmao.

The most revealing part of the video for me was judging by the pics I thought the Series S was going to be thicker than the One S. Nope, same height when laid flat.
As for all of the technical stuff. I really just want to see some real games playing on real consoles for real world comparisons. Everything else is marketing and/or speculation.
some day1 xbox games are shown running on S in the official video:

Chiggs

Is this your way of preparing for PS5 inferior ports? We'll just blame DF for their biased comparison lmao.

You realize you’re a customer persona taped onto a Microsoft whiteboard somewhere in Redmond?

“Uninformed fan who can’t understand Beyond3D, so he’ll go to Digital Foundry for console war talking points, despite DF not having any relevant technical experience...let’s call this guy Johnny Jerkoff.”

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Ah.
I'm not making any claims.
You made the claim, you provide the evidence.
That's how it works.

But we're beyond that point.
You have nothing and therefore your folkloric claims can now be dismissed.

What you're attempting now is like amateur Illusionist open-mic.
No, thanks.
I understand you are having difficulty reading.

May i point you to my reply to davidgzzz.

Jtibh

Banned
Taken straight out of the FE playbook.
6P9KnAj.jpg
Actually that quote is from somewhere else waaayyyyy before flat eathers even existed.
Man i am soo old i've seen many things recycled reinvented its like groundhog day.

Also please provide evidence i associate myself in any way with the flat earth society.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Actually that quote is from somewhere else waaayyyyy before flat eathers even existed.
Man i am soo old i've seen many thing recycled reinvented its like groundhog day.

Also please provide evidence i associate myself in any way with the flat earth society.
Trying to "win" an argument by daring someone to prove a negative is all the proof I need.

Jtibh

Banned
Nah, point me to the evidence instead.
E-vi-den-ce.
Point me to the evidence they are not.

At least i gave an explanation like an adult as of why i believe they are in bed with microsoft.

Where is your reasoning why they are not other then you act all offended when its against your view or when you feel i attack microsoft and xbox with this and get screamed at that i am a fanboy?
What you do is a total liberal leftist strategy.
Cant debate but is easy to attack and ridicule others cuz they have a different opinion.

We can debate both of our opinions and i am happy too but not like this.

YCoCg

And Cerny promised Richard that he will talk to him again. But after their bias coverage questioning almost every Cerny's claims, Cerny never talked to him again. Sony can see through the BS.
Does Sony think everyone is MS shills then since they're refusing to reveal more information to us?

Does Sony think everyone is MS shills then since they're refusing to reveal more information to us?

No. But Cerny promised Richard (according to Richard himself), and Cerny never talked to him again. And I don't think Cerny ever will after their BS coverage.

jaysius

Banned
Another fluff piece with theoreticals and guessing at everything. Someone that can talk to these guys needs to let them know that this kind of "analysis" is destroying their entire trusted brand.

Please DF go back to making real analysis videos, make videos about Series S/X and PS5 when you GET THE ACTUAL PRODUCTS.

These speculation videos sure get clicks, but you're chipping away at your loyal fanbase that comes from raw data being analyzed.

YCoCg

No. BS because Richard was questioning almost everything Cerny told him. Yet, he was so receptive of whatevwr BS microsoft was feeding him. I told you Sony can see through the BS and never talked to him again.
Or maybe, hear me out, Sony are holding their cards too close to their chest and have been criticised for it, it's easy to talk without showing, MS have talked AND shown and even let people see the damn insides of these consoles.

Or maybe, hear me out, Sony are holding their cards too close to their chest and have been criticised for it, it's easy to talk without showing, MS have talked AND shown and even let people see the damn insides of these consoles.

Nope. Cerny promised Richard and he never talked to him again. Hear me out, Sony can see through BS. 😉

YCoCg

Nope. Cerny promised Richard and he never talked to him again. Hear me out, Sony can see through BS. 😉
Yes, clearly this is a big brain move by NOT revealing any information, DF have not been able to do many videos on the PS5, therefore it has revealed their MS bias because they've ONLY been doing videos for MS (the people who have been showing everything to them).

Yes, clearly this is a big brain move by NOT revealing any information, DF have not been able to do many videos on the PS5, therefore it has revealed their MS bias because they've ONLY been doing videos for MS (the people who have been showing everything to them).

Sony doesn't see DF as big. They don't care about their bias BS. Youtubers are bigger than DF and has more influence.

Sony haven't started their onslaught of marketing. Don't worry it will come. 😉

Last edited:
Top Bottom