• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] Sackboy A Big Adventure : PS5 vs PS4 vs PS4 Pro

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
a pity this game bombed. :messenger_weary:

looks like a well made platformer which are so rare now. which is strange, i know many plays platformy mobile games, but when it comes to console, they always bomb unless it is mario.

imo it will be good if sony reduces the price and get more onboard for a start.
?

Always funny, that now, that we have the fast SSDs in the consoles, we get games with fast loading on the last gen ....
Like I wrote a few times, it really seems that load times were never a priority before.
Actually if you watch the PS4's unveiling you will see that some level of thaught was put into cutting loading, installation, etc. Just not as extreme as is the case now.

Caio

I loved all Little big Planet Games, and mostly the creations tools(yes, I said tools and I started laughing like a kid, thank you green team GAF :D because of you I now cannot pronounce or write the word "tools" without laughing )

No creation tools here, but the platform is so lovely, I will buy it.

FALCON_KICK

Was that what was dropping the res then
From what I have read, maintaining a locked 60fps with 4 local players on a demanding UE4 engine seems to be the main reason. Another reason being a launch game, further optimizations could have taken a backseat so they meet the deadline. Apparently the game has yet to implement online multiplayer co-op.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
People still think that just because a game has cartoony graphics it must be less impressive or graphically less demanding. You still have the same amount of budget you have for doing photorealistic graphics. The amount of geometry, effects, the quality of lighting, shadows, resolution etc define how graphically demanding a game is not if it is cartoon or photoreal.

Something like this
Minecraft-castle-and-ship-with-ray-tracing.jpg

Can technically be more graphically taxing than this even though Minecraft has less geometry and less detailed world, but how the game is rendered using path tracing makes it more demanding graphically.

Horizon-Zero-Dawn-01-GQ-20Feb17_b.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom