• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Resident Evil 4 Remake - DF Tech Review - The Definitive Version?

TonyK

Floor disappearing in Xbox series X when returning to the game using Quick Resume:
V6AUcnE.jpg

It happened to me once in the demo and now with the final game. Loading a save game or changing any setting doesn't fix it, game must be restarted to fix it.

Anyone else has experienced this annoying bug?

H4ze

Playing on Series X right now, I am about to man the boat at the lake. The controlls are a bit sluggish, but far from "unplayable" as some say here.
Maybe I am just getting old and do remember WAY worse controls.
People can hate and nitpick all day, I am having a lot of fun.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Playing on Series X right now, I am about to man the boat at the lake. The controlls are a bit sluggish, but far from "unplayable" as some say here.
Maybe I am just getting old and do remember WAY worse controls.
People can hate and nitpick all day, I am having a lot of fun.

Same, controls became second nature after an hour. It's extremely enjoyable.

Fbh

Shame the IQ still sucks on Ps5 in the final release.
Maybe it gets crazy later on but nothing in the demo looked like it should be pushing the Ps5 this hard.

Hopefully by the time I buy there have been a few patches to improve things.

saintjules

They didn't say anything about the rain effects, did they?

According to this, maybe they did fix it?

I've collected the remakes on the Series X vs. the PS5, but wondering if I hold off until the issues with the controller on the Xbox get fixed?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Wow, that Gamecube footage looks so different to how I remember it, shimmering and flickering all over the place. It looks like an old arcade game or something.

Wow.

Synless

Y’all talking about playing with a nasty dead zone and it becoming second nature after an hour or two like you wouldn’t forget a game that your comparing one screenshot to the other wouldn’t become normalized after playing it for awhile.

Some of you act like we didn’t just recently come off a mostly 1080p gen with many games checkerboarding to 1440p. This is better than those.

Play the version with the better performance and no major deadzone issues.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They didn't say anything about the rain effects, did they?

No, cause they were already fixed in a pre-release patch. The release date game has a very subdued rain effect compared to what we saw in the month(s) old preview footage.

Playing the Xbox version since yesterday, I can only say that this game is going to make waves for years, just like the original.

Well done, Capcom.

Yep, great game, looks fantastic, frame rate mode with RT is the way to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom