• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Deathloop PC vs PS5, Optimised Settings, Performance Testing + More

Banned
Nothing does look as good on a 5700 xt nor ever will.
It's old news where PS5 is cutting edge tech.

Let me repeat... PS5 will continue to put out award winning games AND run better versions of 3rd party games deep into this generation.

Sony will continue putting games on PC, therefore these games will most likely come to PC sooner or later, at which case the 5700XT will be able to play these games and will do so at the exact same quality as whatever the performance non-RT mode is on PS5

and it will also continue to play every third party multiplat title at the exact same performance as the PS5 running without RT. Whenever GTA6 comes out, it will run the same on it as it will on PS5

Last edited:

Banned
Calling people pctards then proceeding to make ASSumptions.

OMG DON'T USE IT! for real... it's so bad on controller!

BUT, maybe you can use Dualsense features while also enabling Gyro aim :pie_thinking: I'll try that in fact, that would fix the issue.
also maybe it will let you bind the right stick to a mouse emulation, which would also fix the bad controller aiming

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
We might a good idea in April when STALKER releases.

From a dev, who I have grown up, admired, learned to mod with since the OG and STILL has not fixed or finished their last game?

charlie murphy GIF

S0ULZB0URNE

Sony will continue putting games on PC, therefore these games will most likely come to PC sooner or later, at which case the 5700XT will be able to play these games and will do so at the exact same quality as whatever the performance non-RT mode is on PS5

Still foolishly comparing a 9.75 TF RDNA off the shelf GPU to a 10.3 TF RDNA 2,much more performance efficient,custom GPU?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
But according to the dev, this game can only be done on next gen.

In the latest issue of Play Magazine, Arkane Studios discusses some of the benefits of moving on to next-gen platforms, citing that they believe the level of ambition they have for Deathloop would have not been possible were it developed on last-gen (PS4, Xbox One).

“I don’t think that we would have been able to preserve the level of ambition of this game were it not for the move to next-gen.” Said Game director Dinga Bakaba.

He goes on to add that the PS5 has allowed them to created a world bigger, and more denser than the one found in Dishonored 2, and how the console feels like a ‘breath of fresh air” from the development side of things, citing having to cut content from previous projects.

“It’s always heartbreaking when you get to the end of a project, and you have to optimise things, and now you have to cut your map in half and you have to justify why it’s in two parts.”

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You foolishly compared PS5 to 5700xt.

No game on the 5700xt looks as good as R & C RA.

I made the statement you are the one who is supposed to try to argue it.

Whats the point? You have clearly made up your mind. People will judge accordingly.

Banned

Still foolishly comparing a 9.75 TF RDNA off the shelf GPU to a 10.3 TF RDNA 2,much more performance efficient,custom GPU?

it shows the same performance profile, or at least a very similar one. and if we look to the past, an off the shelf 1.75TF GCN2 GPU performs as well or better than the PS4's custom 1.8TF GCN2 GPU in modern games, so yes... this off the shelf GPU will hold up no problem

Last edited:

Banned
OMG DON'T USE IT! for real... it's so bad on controller!

BUT, maybe you can use Dualsense features while also enabling Gyro aim :pie_thinking: I'll try that in fact, that would fix the issue.
also maybe it will let you bind the right stick to a mouse emulation, which would also fix the bad controller aiming

so I tried, it doesn't work. this game sadly is one of those that don't recognize both controller and mouse/keyboard input at the same time. it tries to switch back and forth every time you use Gyro or a controller button, which also results in a small stutter during every switch. this means if you wanna use the Dualsense features you will also have to live with the dogshit controls.

but those features work with no issue, I just played it. it feels exactly the same as on PS5, HD Rumble and Trigger effect both work out of the box

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

it shows the same performance profile, or at least a very similar one. and if we look to the past, an off the shelf 1.75TF GCN2 GPU performs as well or better than the PS4's custom 1.8TF GCN2 GPU in modern games, so yes... this off the shelf GPU will hold up no problem
How is it similar when it's RDNA vs RDNA 2 | 9.75 TF vs 10.3 TF's?
Even if they had the same specs on paper(but they don't) the custom PS5 variant would win.

Sosokrates

How is it similar when it's RDNA vs RDNA 2 | 9.75 TF vs 10.3 TF's?
Even if they had the same specs on paper(but they don't) the custom PS5 variant would win.

Of course ps5 would win with ray tracing games. But in raster games it would be a couple of percent difference. The PS5 GPU actually has a lot in common with RDNA, PS5 has primitive shader suppprt and VRS1 support like RDNA1. Not that this makes a big difference. RDNA2 is very similar to RDNA1, RDNA2 just adds the intersection engines and various hardware features like VRS2 and mesh shaders.

S0ULZB0URNE

slightly at best. you wouldn't notice the difference in almost any game. 1-4% lower FPS from time to time, or maybe a slighly lower dynamic res, stuff like that
Don't make fanboy cry, let him have a little faith in his plastic box.
Trolling and pointless scrub.
Of course ps5 would win with ray tracing games. But in raster games it would be a couple of percent difference. The PS5 GPU actually has a lot in common with RDNA, PS5 has primitive shader suppprt and VRS1 support like RDNA1. Not that this makes a big difference. RDNA2 is very similar to RDNA1, RDNA2 just adds the intersection engines and various hardware features like V2 and mesh shaders.
5700 xt 9.75 TF's RDNA Clock 1605 mhz(boosts up to 1905)
PS5 10.3 TF's RDNA 2 Clock 2230 mhz

yeah no

S0ULZB0URNE

No what?
Benchmarks show the PS5 and 5700xt to be a few percent difference in performance. In the 5700xt's favour a significant portion of the time.
PS5 has never been nor could be bench marked.
Differences on are the developers.

As noted above... the PS5 GPU is SIGNIFICANTLY better than a last gen 5700 xt.
You don't get blood from a stone.

Do you understand RDNA vs RDNA 2? Or are you going to continue to ignorantly try and spin it away?

Sosokrates

PS5 has never been nor could be bench marked.
Differences on are the developers.

As noted above... the PS5 GPU is SIGNIFICANTLY better than a last gen 5700 xt.
You don't get blood from a stone.

Do you understand RDNA vs RDNA 2? Or are you going to continue to ignorantly try and spin it away?

Oh, the PS5 is significantly better then the 5700xt? Well wheres your proof? That digital foundry video of hitman 3 shows otherwise, are you going to deny that?

Yeah Ive already stated the differences between RDNA1 and RDNA2, it seems you have a problem reading lol

The only spin is from you, digital analysis have been provided showing superior 5700xt performance, and few google searchs can provide more benchmarks showing similar performance between the PS5 and a 5700xt.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Oh, the PS5 is significantly better then the 5700xt? Well wheres your proof? That digital foundry video of hitman 3 shows otherwise, are you going to deny that?

Yeah Ive already stated the differences between RDNA1 and RDNA2, it seems you have a problem reading lol

The only spin is from you, digital analysis have been provided showing superior 5700xt performance, and few google search can provide more if you wish.
You have a problem understanding the differences of RDNA vs RDNA 2.

I already told you that PS5 can't be benchmarked and 3rd party games are on the devs.

Banned
Trolling and pointless scrub.

5700 xt 9.75 TF's RDNA Clock 1605 mhz(boosts up to 1905)
PS5 10.3 TF's RDNA 2 Clock 2230 mhz

yeah no

let's just keep this comment in mind, and look back in a few years, where we will see the 5700XT perform marginally worse than the same game on PS5. because we know this will happen, the only people who deny this are fanboys with no knowledge.

once again, we have precedent. an equivalent GPU to the PS4's GCN2 GPU will run games at the same quality as the PS4 even with modern games.
the Radeon HD 7850, a 1.76TF AMD GPU from 2012 runs Control at higher settings than the PS4 version at a mostly locked 1080p30fps

Cyberpunk runs at 720p30 (PS4's dynamic res basically stays there as well) with higher settings than PS4 and does so pretty well.

Fortnite, 1080p60 at high, no problem

Borderlands 3, 30-50fps at 1080p at similar settings to the PS4

off the shelf, no modification, just a PC card...
so, I am sure the 5700XT will be just fine

Last edited:

Banned

the difference is one has ray intersection acceleration hardware, and the other doesn't... also VRS2 and Mesh Shaders, which both are missing from the PS5 implementation btw.
the performance improvement is negligible, it's a small evolution, not a revolution. a slight, tiny IPC upgrade

Last edited:

Sosokrates

I already told you that PS5 can't be benchmarked and 3rd party games are on the devs.

Well, the digital foundry video shows otherwise.

And what problem do I have understanding the differences between RDNA1 and RDNA2?
please ask me questions on the matter exposing my ignorance.

Even though ive already stated the differences between the two.

You dont know the difference between RDNA1 and RDNA2, infact you dont know what a benchmark is, you dont know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

the difference is one has ray intersection acceleration hardware, and the other doesn't... also VRS2 and Mesh Shaders, which both are missing from the PS5 implementation btw.
the performance improvement is negligible, it's a small evolution, not a revolution. a slight, tiny IPC upgrade
RDNA 2 has significantly better performance than RDNA.

S0ULZB0URNE

Well, the digital foundry video shows otherwise.

And what problem do I have understanding the differences between RDNA1 and RDNA2?
please ask me questions on the matter exposing my ignorance.

Even though ive already stated the differences between the two.

You dont know the difference between RDNA1 and RDNA2, infact you dont know what a benchmark is, you dont know what you talking about.
See above

Last edited:

Banned

show me a benchmark of a game running worse on an RDNA1 than on an RDNA 2 card with the same TF performance
like a 5700XT vs a 6600XT, they are close enough

edit:
1puj0r.png

2l2jxt.png

3otj9k.png

480kbj.png

5ywkeh.png

notice how the 6600 XT boosts way higher, debunking the high clocks = better performance myth... but ultimately has similar TF performance, and can in fact boost higher and reach about 10.6TF while the 5700 XT only reaches about 9.7TF when boosting to its max clock (although there are variants that boost close to 10.2TF)

Last edited:

Neo_game

I did not watch the video and IMO it is pointless to make such comparison as well. As some said ACV, Dirt5 performance is pretty good on consoles compared to Nvidia cards. Deathloop, Hitman 3 are not good example either. Hitman3 runs great on PC especially. Comparing selective cases and drawing conclusion from it is flawed. It all comes to the coding and optimization from devs so they can make these consoles on par with even RTX 2080U is some cases or at worst to RTX 2060S

I’m surprised this is such an unbelievable concept for some people - the specs of the consoles are out there and we knew they would be around 2060 to 2070s depending on workload.

It would have been nice if the consoles had RT performance like a current gen nvidia card but the real advantage of consoles is value for money not performance.

It will be interesting how it pans out in open world games as Spider-Man looks like a different game depending on whether it is a linear level or in the open world and the huge compromises in reflection quality are really obvious in the open world. I would like to see what a PC version of that game could look like.

Visual quality mode on PS5 looks useless other than for benchmarks.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nah, RDNA2 has ZERO IPC gains over RDNA 1.0. They are virtually identical aside from better power consumption and ray tracing capabilities.

RDNA 1.0 had a 25% IPC gain over Polaris and Vega. Polaris had a 25% IPC gain over GCN 1.0 or whats in the base PS4. RDNA 2.0 had no gains other than perf per watts which does not improve performance per clock.

Md Ray

and it will also continue to play every third party multiplat title at the exact same performance as the PS5 running without RT. Whenever GTA6 comes out, it will run the same on it as it will on PS5
No, not 4A Games' next-gen game. A 5700 XT equipped PC won't be able to run that game, it won't even boot up on it.

Md Ray

Oh, the PS5 is significantly better then the 5700xt?
Well, yes. All you have to do is just look at the difference between vanilla Metro Exodus and ME Enhanced Edition.

The PC version of EE is the same on PS5 except for a few cutbacks like in draw distance and lower RT rendering resolution.
source.gif

Leo9

You foolishly compared PS5 to 5700xt.

No game on the 5700xt looks as good as R & C RA.

I made the statement you are the one who is supposed to try to argue it.
The 5700XT will run the steam version of R&C just fine (without raytracing of course). Just wait for it.

Nah, RDNA2 has ZERO IPC gains over RDNA 1.0. They are virtually identical aside from better power consumption and ray tracing capabilities.

RDNA 1.0 had a 25% IPC gain over Polaris and Vega. Polaris had a 25% IPC gain over GCN 1.0 or whats in the base PS4. RDNA 2.0 had no gains other than perf per watts which does not improve performance per clock.
To be fair RDNA2 has multiple features that can increase performance significantly, such as variable rate shading and mesh shaders.
The games have to use those features though. Eventually they will.

Last edited:

sinnergy

The 5700XT will run the steam version of R&C just fine (without raytracing of course). Just wait for it.

To be fair RDNA2 has multiple features that can increase performance significantly, such as variable rate shading and mesh shaders.
The games have to use those features though. Eventually they will.
I think Forza 8 will use all the RDNA 2 features as first Xbox title . And it will be glorious .

Last edited:

Md Ray

notice how the 6600 XT boosts way higher, debunking the high clocks = better performance myth... but ultimately has similar TF performance, and can in fact boost higher and reach about 10.6TF while the 5700 XT only reaches about 9.7TF when boosting to its max clock (although there are variants that boost close to 10.2TF)
"better perf myth"... It depends from game to game. Why omit CP2077 and Flight Sim results which show up to 11% higher fps on 6600 XT despite the avg. TF difference seems to be around 6% between 5700 XT (9.9 TF) and 6600 XT (10.6 TF)? Because that would go against your narrative.

11% higher avg. fps
FvENg9z.png

10% higher avg. fps
fpAX0Br.png

The 6600 XT also has a massive bandwidth disadvantage compared to 5700 XT, so games favoring more BW will see 5700 XT pulling ahead of 6600 XT. You didn't debunk anything here.

Last edited:

Md Ray

RT on console is a mistake to begin with.
I don't understand posts like this. Having some form of HW acceleration for RT is still better than no HW at all. Imagine if Series and PS5 consoles launched w/o HW RT, people would have bitched about not having RT acceleration on consoles then.

Yes, it's a little lackluster, but it's also AMD's first attempt.

GymWolf

I don't understand posts like this. Having some form of HW acceleration for RT is still better than no HW at all. Imagine if Series and PS5 consoles launched w/o HW RT, people would have bitched about not having RT acceleration on consoles then.

Yes, it's a little lackluster, but it's also AMD's first attempt.
It's not that, the console are just too weak to include great rtx without some heavy cuts in other graphical aspects.

And we know from past gen how games without rtx can look as good or better than any rtx game.

Maybe with ps5 pro and sex without condom iterations rtx is gonna be more doable.

I think ratchet manage to have great rtx because the game has that pixar look that is far more easy to achieve than photorealistic graphic, they can go away with a lot of cartoony looking textures etc.

But even the reflections on ratchet are kinda underwhelming, they are not 1:1 reflections, everything that get reflected is less detailed (same for spidey morales)

I just don't get the point of wasting a lot of resources for more realistic but still fake reflections especially in fast paced games where nobody notice the difference unless they pass more time in photomode than actually playing the game.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Rea

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Once again:

Even if its the same code running on cpu/gpu hardware specced identically, different graphics API's, drivers, i/o and memory arrangement can drastically alter the result.

Trying to compare without factoring these things in is a pointless exercise. Its a bad methodology that will immediately show its unreliability as a predictor of future outcomes the second a subject with significant advantages/disadvantages due to the elements shown above gets tested.

Md Ray

It's not that, the console are just too weak to include great rtx without some heavy cuts in other graphical aspects.

And we know from past gen how games without rtx can look as good or better than any rtx game.

Maybe with ps5 pro and sex without condom iterations rtx is gonna be more doable.

I think ratchet manage to have great rtx because the game has that pixar look that is far more easy to achieve than photorealistic graphic, they can go away with a lot of cartoony looking textures etc.

But even the reflections on ratchet are kinda underwhelming, they are not 1:1 reflections, everything that get reflected is less detailed (same for spidey morales)

I just don't get the point of wasting a lot of resources for more realistic but still fake reflections especially in fast paced games where nobody notice the difference unless they pass more time in photomode than actually playing the game.
Reflections aren't the only thing that we can use ray-tracing for, you know?

I literally posted this just 4 posts above yours:
This is using ray-tracing for all the lighting and makes a big difference compared to rasterized lighting and clever hacks that were used before.

The only mistake I'd say is not including Tensor core-like hardware in RDNA 2.

GymWolf

Reflections aren't the only thing that we can use ray-tracing for, you know?

I literally posted this just 4 posts above yours:

This is using ray-tracing for all the lighting and makes a big difference compared to rasterized lighting and clever hacks that were used before.

The only mistake I'd say is not including Tensor core-like hardware in RDNA 2.
Oh i know that rtx lights is where the good shit is, i was never impressed by reflections\shadows.

But are console capable of doing great rtx lights in nextgen games without sacrificing too much?!

From my understanding, good rtx lights are crazy heavy, i tried on my pc with cyberpunk and control but even with dlss i wasnt able to get 60 frames at high resolution with a 2070super, a gpu comparable with a ps5, and console don't even have dlss...

Top Bottom