• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diet Family; a shmup with cats and snack foods. The wild west of Korean exclusive games and obscure shmups

VGEsoterica

Sometimes things just don't make sense. Like a korean exclusive arcade game that revolves around the concept of diet pills and trying to get thin...by attacking fatty snack foods and the people and cultures that cook them. Yeah that's a sentence I just wrote.

Or when the developers somehow get confused and put the Leaning Tower of Pisa in an America themed level...because apparently they forgot that was in Italy?

That's Diet Family; a Korean exclusive cute em up shmup where the entire point is to not get fat by shooting snack food before it can add calories to your body. Oh and it also has cats because it's a cute em up after all.

But the Korean arcade scene, and gaming scene in general is one of the least talked about and least known genre outside of Korea...so let's have some fun with it. Stuff like Diet Family, or Eye of the Typhoon (which weirdly is getting released soon for Neo Geo...odd times!)

But GAF...what other korean exclusives do you have for me? I am always looking for more. Same with DEEP CUT shmups

ParaSeoul

A lot of SNES like JRPGs (or I guess KRPGs) for PCs. There was a PS2 horror game I can't remember the name of.

Top Bottom